Legally Blonde Plymouth

It was great to see Gareth get such a good write-up in This Is Plymouth. He has never tended to get too good press down this way as its where Will went to Uni and the press have always been very pro-Will so this was great to see for a change.

Thanks for posting up the link.

Thanks for posting this Heather :) i love Gareth interviews/articles :D

some tweets from people who were there :)

Kayleigh Walters@Kaydub89

Had an Amazing time @TRPlymouth #LegallyBlondetheMusical was Fantastic with a wonderful cast. Thank you to all and to @Gareth_Gates :-D

Sarah@sarahewood2011

@Gareth_Gates Gareth you were amazing in Legally Blonde tonight in Plymouth, great show! My mum and I thought you were fab :)

EYE TUUUNES@proudirectoner

Just met @Gareth_Gates me being awkward as ever though :L http://twitter.com/proudirectoner/status/227884249582297089/photo/1

I'm going to see Legally Blonde at Plymouth tomorrow with my Daughter. Hope she'll like it. She didn't really want to come, but am hoping Gareth will win her back again. She used to love him on PI, but has drifted away now.

Looking forward to hearing how your evening went Val.

Enjoy the show.

With reviews like this http://thegoodreview...-theatre-royal/ :thumbsup: I hope your daughter loves it.

Legally Blonde – Plymouth Theatre Royal

Posted by D Knowles on 25/07/2012 • Categorised in Theatre

EMGlegblonde201103273-300x200.jpg★★★★

Omigod more musical theatre in Plymouth and this one is a cracker.

Legally Blonde the musical arrived in town all pink fluff and cute dogs. It was announced at the start of the show that understudies would play the roles of Paulette and Margot, but such was the fervour, anticipation and excitement of the audience that this news was received without even a murmur.

The girls setting the scene in the first number were great, high energy frivolity, performing the exacting choreography to perfection. And a good job to, because the sound quality for this number was distorted and echoey and it was difficult to pick out the words. The audience was however left in no doubt as to the story line – which follows Elle (Faye Brooks) who although blonde is actually quite astute and certainly no pushover.

EMGlegblonde201104348-300x182.jpgThis is a crucial piece of information as the whole unbelievable storyline hangs on the fact that this blonde young woman will be able to change from serial shopper and wannabe bride to determined academic able to attend Harvard Law School and thus impress her man – Warner Huntingdon the Third played by non other than Gareth Gates. When I heard him sing I knew why I voted for him in 2002, his voice is effortless and has real clarity. But unfortunately he doesn’t get Elle’s vote who, during the course of her studies, meets Emmett Forest (Iwan Lewis) and discovers that he is a nicer man in almost every department. Lewis plays Emmett with just the right amount of everything, his humour is soft but nevertheless funny, he is downtrodden but not so much that you can’t see potential and cute rather than handsome. He is perfectly cast as is Brooks who makes the role of Elle her own and receives huge appreciation, richly deserved, from the audience as a result.

The large cast (sometimes the stage seemed very crowded) kept up the level of energy and commitment throughout and their enjoyment was infectious. There were ‘stars’ too numerous to mention individually however, Jon Reynolds as Kiki complete with his pink ugg boots was noteworthy as was Lewis Grifiths as Kyle the delivery man. And Rhona McGregor playing the role of Paulette in the absence of Jennifer Ellison was superb, her clear crisp voice delivering lines and songs superbly whist her ability to convey feelings with eye contact and body language was unsurpassed on stage.

The sets and props were imaginative and were moved on and off stage slickly and with minimum of disruption however the lighting on occasions seemed to fall short of the mark. The problems early on with the sound and the lighting glitches stopped me giving this performance a five and the lack of halves means it will only get 4 stars but it was a thoroughly entertaining and enjoyable night out – well done Theatre Royal for allowing the good people of Plymouth the opportunity to see these musical blockbusters.

Just back from the show. Really enjoyed it. More than I did Loserville actually. Gareth was in it more than I was expecting. Not too much singing but he was on stage for quite a good proportion of the show. He portrayed a real rotter again to his girlfriend, ditching her for someone who could help him more. Ended up with neither of them at the end as his new girlfriend ended up supporting Elle. I think it was an understudy playing Elle, but she was really good. The whole case were fantastic and the show is very funny in some parts. There were two adorable little dogs as well. You'd have loved them Khelda.

My Daughter came away saying she enjoyed the show. It wouldn't be her choice to go to another one as its not really her thing, but she did enjoy it. She even offered to go to the stage door with me, but I didn't think it was fair to make her wait, so we didn't stop.

Guest NicolaJayne

Thank you for your report Val. Gareth playing a baddie again and not getting the girl, he's starting to make a habit of this LOL

Not like our Gareth at all. Pleased your daughter enjoyed it too, and offered to go to the stage door too Lucky you I wouldn't ever get my daughter to go and see Gareth.

Great to hear Gareth is on stage quite a lot, do you remember how many songs he sang?

Not a lot Elaine. He sang the one song at the beginning of the show with Elle, but apart from that it was just snippets of songs with the rest of the cast. He looked very handsome as usual and had that twinkle in his eye when he was being his worse.

Was very impressed with Jennifer Ellison's singing voice. Really very good,.

thanks val for your report i was hoping we hear something of the show soon sounds like it was good did elle wear alot of pink lol.was he lil doggies chihuahuas i bet they looked so cute.sounds like not much singing but sounds like gareth was in it a fair bit.haha he ended up alone again lol guess ill be warners girl too and eddies haha i have a cuddly toy chihuahua lol.think gareths likes being the baddie haha but he always ends up alone :( but ill have him and turn him good lol his character hehe.did he have many different outfits to wear hehe.looking forward to seeing it.love sarahjane xxx

Thanks for your eport Val, i'm glad you had a good time and enjoyed the show :) its also god to hear Gareth was in it more than we thought, well I didn't think he would be in it much, hanks for explaining abou his character :) wasn't expecting him to be a baddie again lol.

It was very pink SarahJane and lots of nice clothes which my daughter liked. Not sure what breed the dogs were, I'm not very good at deciding. Gareth did have quite a few costume changes and he looked fab in all of them.

I think I'd have to try to tune in on-lline to Radio Plymouth Khelda, but not sure if I'll be home tomorrow.

Chris is was a lovely day. So rarely do I get the chance to spend a whole day with Debbie just the two of us. Usually the children are there, so we had a chance to have a lovely gossip on the trains and while we were eating. and also had a look around Plymouth shopping centre and spent a bit of money. Really enjoyed the day alside from seeing Gareth.