Our trip to Legally Blonde 8th August

Guest NicolaJayne

Guest NicolaJayne

This was a new experience for Linda and I as we were up in the circle 4th row back. Reason being all the cheaper seats had gone in the stalls and seats availlable were nearly £60.

It was packed but mostly older people, wonder if they get concessions for matinees as to me it isn't a show older people would be drawn to.

The sound didn't seem very good to me and I must admit I couldn't tell what was being said sometimes but wondered if that was because we were in the circle and seemed so far away, Linda said the same. Gareths dialogue was actually the most clear. I did wonder also if it could be the american accent.

Gareth was on stage a lot of the time and looked very handsome in the very smart attire he was dressed in, being at Law School. But as been said he only sang one song.

At the interval Linda went down to the Box Office to get our programmes as we never saw any on the way in, and while she was there some people were asking for headsets as the sound was poor.

Linda noticed later that there was no orchestra for the music just a man with a computer in the pit.

I just wished we were nearer and could see better the expressions on Gareths face as he is such a good actor.

The dogs were very cute, always like to see animals in a show.

The singing and dancing is all very lively but they did all seem quite similar songs except for the one Gareth sang off course.

I thought the second half was better than the first and did enjoy it though but of the two if I were to choose I preferred "Loserville" and was so pleased I had gone all that way to see it.

Its definately not something my hubby would enjoy as it was very girly.

But having said that I would love to see it again in a better seat. Another show where Gareth didn't get the girl at the end, he's making quite a habit of it LOL

When we came out we made for the stage door where Natasha was waiting, it was nice to meet her for the first time.

We didn't have to wait long till Gareth came out with a mate, this time had no problem getting our programmes signed and pics taken as we were the only ones there. Gareth was obliging as usual but did seem in a rush to get off for his food, they don't get long between shows do they?

Well thought we were the only ones there but as Gareth went someone shouted him back and there was a couple with a little girl stood back, so Gareth came running back and had a word with them.

Then all three of us went to the nearby Slug and Lettuce for a meal before heading back home.

Just like to say the programme has no pics of Gareth only the small one with his Biography the same as everyone else.

thanks for your report elaine sorry you did not get good seats hugs hope you get see it again but with better seats.shame theres no ppics of gareth as warner in the programme is there any of the doggy bruiser.im glad you was able to meet him and natasha too i know mm was manic and your pic did not come out mine was same head chopped off gareth lol.i dont think any show be as enjoyable as loserville i just loved it so much so lively and vibrant and i had a big crush on eddie.i will have a crush on warner too haha nice his single at end haha must be waiting or me lol maybe or one of us haha.i bet the doggies in it very cute hehe love sarahjane xxx

Thanks for your great report Elaine. I'm surprised about the sound not being good in the Circle. It was a bit loud in Plymouth down in the stalls and I thought it may have been better to have booked for the circle. I sat in the circle at MK for the panto and the sound was great then. I suppose its a different kind of music though.

Glad you had a good day and got to meet Gareth. Agree with you about the little dogs. They were adorable.

Guest NicolaJayne

There is one pic of the little dog in his pink coat Sarahjane he looks so cute with his pink collar and Diamonte letter B hanging from it. no pic of the other dog though.

Guest NicolaJayne

Thank you so much Heather for putting the pic up for me, don't know what I was doing wrong maybe it was too large. Think it comes up smaller on facebook but don't know how to transfer from Facebook.

Great report elaine, we did have a lovely afternoon and gareth was so charming as usual. I am glad we have seen the show. Second half much more lively and enjoyable. I didn't really get the first half, but gareth looked gorgeous in his suits, just wish we were closer 2 c his facial expressions. Xxxxx

Lovely to read your report, Elaine. Sorry I haven't replied before but I've been away for a few days and then haven't had much time to get on here.

Pleased you got to meet Gareth this time and get a lovely photo. Sorry to read that the sound was not very good (surprising as it was excellent at Aladdin). It's a shame that you weren't able to get any suitable seats in the stalls - I always enjoy shows best from a few rows back there. However it's great to hear about another fantastic performance from Gareth. Really looking forward to seeing the show in Birmingham.

Linda