Canterbury Christmas Lights Switch On and others.

eternal

I found this, after looking around :)

feat_213.pngCanterbury Christmas Lights Switch On at Canterbury

Canterbury Christmas Lights will be switched on on 15 November at 5.30pm. The full Pantomime cast from Sleeping Beauty will be appearing. Check back for more information soon.

http://www.canterbury.co.uk/events/thedms.aspx?dms=13&feature=1172&venue=3033943

I was just about to say that too Rabbits 123. Exciting stuff :jump:

There are a couple of nice photos too :thumbsup:

I love this tweet from one girl who says:

Just seen @Gareth_Gates turn on the Canterbury Christmas lights, what a beautiful man! Canterbury looks so pretty!

Heather the link you posted gives a schedule of events in different areas so have changed the title of the post:

ITs just six weeks until Christmas, the festive season gets properly under way this week, with panto stars turning on town centre lights.

Toyah Wilcox and Gareth Gates, who are appearing in Sleeping Beauty at the Marlowe Theatre, will be flicking the switch in Canterbury, Herne Bay and Whitstable, with many shops staying open late.

The funs kicks off today (Thursday) in St George's Street, Canterbury, at 4pm with entertainment including Canterbury Rock Choir.

Tomorrow the cast light up Herne Bay along with members of Theatrecraft's Christmas pantomime from 4pm. The lights go on at 5pm.

On Saturday they flick the switch outside Whitstable library in Oxford Street at 6pm after a parade from Starvation Point, at the top of Harbour Street, from 5pm. There will also be festive events at Whitstable Castle all day.

Faversham's Christmas lights will be switched on at 5pm on Saturday, November 24 in the Market Square.

The city council switch-ons are sponsored by East Kent College. Principal Graham Razey said: "We are delighted to be supporting the ceremonies. Our students come from across east Kent."

The city council events are co-ordinated by events company Amelix.

Guest NicolaJayne

Don't forget to report on any of the switch ons you go to Megan, have a great time. It is getting confusing isn't it ith Gareth doing so many different switch ons.