Oake Manor Golf Club - 17.05.13

Val4Gareth

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Val Cooper‏@valjcooper7h

@Gareth_Gates So looking forward to hearing your new music @OakeManorGolfCl tonight. #itsgoingtobeamazing xx

Gareth Gates‏@Gareth_Gates33m

@valjcooper @oakemanorgolfcl you won't hear to much new stuff tonight I'm afraid! It's more of a party vibe! @imstucknomore will love it!!

Oh Heck , not much new music , but should be great anyway .

Just back. It was a really fantastic night. He did only sing 2 new songs, but they were both beautiful especially the second one. I didn't see the message he sent me on Twitter until now, but there was a meet and greet and when it was my turn, he told me there would only be a couple of new songs. Of all the times I've been to see Gareth I don't think I've ever seen such a queue to meet and have pictures with him.He started signing at 8 o'clock and was still there at 915. He had large posters which anyone could have signed if they paid £5 to go to one of Gareth's charities. He wrote a lovely message on my picture. Just love him to bits. He had Matt Wilton with him and introduced me to him, which was nice as I've had several conversations with him on Twitter and Facebook in the past so was nice to put a face to the name and was also nice that Matt knew who I was. There was a huge crowd. Our table right beside the stage and there was a meal included. We were thinking we couldn't have had a better view, but as soon as he came on stage everyone went up to the front so I had to stand up to record some of the set. I managed to record both of the new songs he sang so I'm just praying now that one of my grandchildren can help me to upload them. He started singing at 10 and finished at 11.15.The support act was a young man called Adam Isaac who was on The Voice last year. He was very good.

Don't think I'm going to get much sleep tonight.

Aren't you good Val coming on and letting people know how the night went, straight after returning home?

Bet you were on a high after.

Sounds like a brilliant night.

Wow to the signing.

So looking forward to any recording you have done. :thumbsup:

Thanks.

Wow Val from me too, brilliant you written your report so late at night still. :)

I am so pleased you had a fantastic night, and 2 new songs too. :)

I cant wait to hear what they are like, good on you.

Great news too that the place was packed and you got to speak to Gareth (and Matt). And how lovely that Gareth is helping his charity with the poster sale.

Amy Jennings ‏@Amy_Jennings_x 7m

Well impressed at how good @Gareth_Gates was last night!

Julie W⌚tch ‏@Watchisthename 25m

@imstucknomore @OakeManorGolfCl @Gareth_Gates thanks very much, great night out. We are a good crowd down here! pic.twitter.com/qRvjjHjX94

Some good news and some bad. My recordings worked, but the sound is badly distorted again. I think it was because I was stood right beside a huge speaker plus the crowd were very noisy all night. I'll just have to try again next time. I will master it eventually if it kills me.

Just to add the two new songs Gareth sang he called them `Stay' and `Free'. It was `Free' that had me almost in tears. So poignant. :wub: Could have gone up and hugged him when he was singing it.

Thanks Val, shame about the recording, but can you make out a bit what the songs are like?

Not very well Inge. I'll wait until my Granddaughter can put it on the computer for me and see if there is anything I can salvage.

Thanks Heather. I think they were taken by a member of the staff. I noticed her up on the stage behind Gareth taking pictures. Didn't realize she'd taken that many though, Thank goodness she took most of them of the opposite side to where I was. I think I caught a glimpse of myself in one of them, but I hope no-one else does.

I was a bit worried as a couple of people we were chatting to while waiting to meet Gareth, threatened to put mine on Facebook when she knew I was a big fan. I pleaded with her not to.

Another thing I've just remembered. The young lad Adam who was the support act had a CD he'd produced there for sale for anyone who wanted to buy. Would love to have been able to buy one of Gareth's.