Oake Manor Golf Club - 17.05.13

Val4Gareth

Guest NicolaJayne

Thank you for your report on the gig last night Val only just seen it as I had the children last night and been out most of the day today. So pleased that it was so successful and there was such a long queue to see Gareth, must have been much better equipped for it and more organised than The Ivory Rooms. Shame about your recording can you make out the lyrics of FREE would love to know the words to that one. Didn't realise it was a meet and greet and surprised that it was before Gareth performed, nice you got to meet Matt, was Gareth's Dad there too?

Forgot to say Thanks for the pics Heather.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NicolaJayne
Oh that is nice and clear Val, pity it was not one of the new songs.
t

that's just what I was thinking, I have been hoping a video of the new songs would appear, and hoping it might still happen.

Thanks for this great report, Val - only just managed to get on here. It's lovely that there was a 'Meet and Greet' and that Gareth told you that he would only be singing two new songs. It sounds like they were lovely - it's a shame that your recordings didn't work well soundwise though. (The only time I was successful recording Gareth was at 'Boogie Nights' and I was completely shocked that they had worked!) I am so looking forward to the gig at Bingley on Thursday and hope Gareth sings the new songs you heard and others too.

Thanks again.

It was a lovely evening Linda. Missed my usual crowd at Gareth events, but my daughter wasn't too bad. She even queued up with me so I could have a pic taken and was amazed when Gareth saw me back in the crowd and waved and said hello. I just know everyone is going to love those new songs. Maybe he will sing a few more at Bingley.

Are you going to try recording again on Thursday? The more that try the more chance we've got of a good one.

• 2 weeks later...