Buxton Opera House- Live gig 28.10.13

Val4Gareth

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NicolaJayne

Well worth the trip then girls, sounds amazing looking forward to your report. You were very brave to go with the forecast and lucky transport was on as so many trains have been cancelled today.

Well, just back after great couple of days!

Firstly thanks to Doris for keeping people updated but so sorry I got the name of the song wrong. If you thought Can't Believe in You was a new song- no it isn't. It should have read Can't Believe It's Over :blush: (just put it down to the G & T). It's one of Gareth's POTOS tracks and it was fantastic.

Apparently Gareth was delayed but not that anyone in the theatre (which was fabulous) noticed.

Both him and Pete began the evening with the three new Acoustic tracks. The theatre seemed to have great acoustics making the tracks sound even better. The remaining band consisting of drummer, guitarist and keyboard player joined them ready to rock Buxton.

I am not that great at remembering at what order the songs came but I know they began with Sunshine and Anyone Of Us followed at some point by Mr. Brightside which had the whole place rocking. Val with her better memory will be able to fill in the blanks of songs and orders.

Sat immediately behind us was Linda who, if she pops on, may also contribute to songlist. Thanks for your company Linda. So glad you, like us, made the last minute decision to go. You are inspirational. (Isn't it so nice to share Gareth stories too. So much easier face to face than by twitter/facebook/pm etc)?

Gareth's second half once again began with the three remaining new acoustic tracks sang with Pete. It may have been the acoustics of the theatre but the words of the songs were certainly more clear and I think Val may be able to fill in some of the lyrics we weren't sure of in the New Songs Thread too.(Once again I can't remember them). The one track which I think is Born to Fly (although I am not convinced this is the title) sounded far rockier than I thought previously. All three sounded so good.

Once again the band then joined Gareth and Pete to do some of the rockier stuff.

Gareth had great fun and I think each and everyone of the audience were up on their feet having such a great time.

Stand out songs from the evening for me, apart from the acoustic tracks were I Can't Believe It's Over and Mr. Brightside.

I thought Gareth at Bingley was great but dare I say this was even better. I just loved him singing with the band.

So pleased that you and Val were able to get to Buxton Chris in spite of the awful weather! I must say when I heard about the number of train cancellations I was convinced that Val wouldn't be able to get there, so pleased she did, it would have been awful to have another cancelled trip!

The show sounds brilliant - so good that he has been able to showcase so many new songs and I wish he'd sung 'I can't believe it's over' at Blackburn as it's my favourite one off POTOS.

It sounds as though Gareth as usual managed to involve the audience, it's so obvious that he loves to perform in front of an audience - hope the new songs turn into an album!!

Val did have a cancelled train when she got to the station but she soon changed plans and arranged an alternative way of getting there. She is great coping with her travel considering she usually has a long way to go.

Yes I wish you could have heard Can't Believe It's Over too (...... :shiftyninja: you may be able to :shiftyninja: ) . Pete on the guitar( a different one) was brilliant on the track.

Yes lets hope there is a new album.

Maria I think when you are sitting at your computer there is a certain worry about Gareth (as there is for all fans of artists) but once you have seen him having such a good time performing you wonder what the worry is about.

It certainly lifts you to see him perform and to also meet other fans.

It's exciting then to relive it by posting a report.

I can't really add much to what Chris posted, other than to say it was the most fabulous day ever despite the weather. I don't think I've ever seen Gareth looking happier or more relaxed. His voice was even more perfection than it always is. Don't know whether its because he has been recording but he seemed to emphasize every single word and it was so much easier to hear what he was saying. I took several videos but unfortunately I couldn't have pressed record properly for Free as it didn't work. I know Linda took lots as well so hopefully she will have managed to get that one.

These are some of the ones I took.

If This Ain't Love

I Believe In Us

Born To Fly

Stay

Hold On Tight

Can't seem to get the videos to embed again. Can you help Chris.

Have managed to do it.

I just copied and pasted the url and then wrapped the appropriate flash around it.

Also there is a limit on how many links you can put in one post.

Have added this separately:

I Can't Believe It's Over

Guest NicolaJayne

Loved reading your reports Val and eternal and the video's are fantastic and have to agree the clearest lyrics I have heard off Gareth's new songs.

I find it amazing that you both made it especially Val with all the trains cancelled in the aftermath of the storm, even Gareth couldn't get there by train and had to resort to driving there.

Hi,

Sorry I haven't been around on here for a while. It was totally unexpected that I was well enough to be able to go to Buxton on Monday - but I'm so glad that I did. The concert was amazing and it was so lovely that it was Gareth throughout (no support act).

I just happened to be outside when Gareth arrived in his car and, although it was quite late, he willingly stopped to have a chat for a few moments - as always he was so lovely. What a special young man!

In the theatre, I was again just behind Val and Chris (as at Bingley), so it was great to meet up again. It's lovely to be able to talk to someone else who loves Gareth and his music as much as I do! I'll post more later about what he sang (not that I can remember everything or the order) and also have some videos to put on Youtube but haven't time just now.

It was a fantastic evening, with great company, and Gareth, Pete and the band performing - what more could you want?!

Love Linda