Big Reunion Hammersmith Apollo gig 21/2/14

Val4Gareth

Thanks for the updates.

All sounding good and yes I can hear Gareth's voice over the others too.

According to the Sunday Sun reporter who is tweeting loads, these are the celebs at the gig:

Celebs in the crowd: Emma Bunton, Mutya Sugababes, Anthony Costa, Duncan James, MNEK, Mark Wright, Arg, and, erm, Vanessa Feltz.

The same reporter:

Natalie Edwards@NatalieSEdwardsI think I'm loving @WeAre5thStory a little too much at the Big Reunion gig.

and

Natalie Edwards@NatalieSEdwards I did really want to see Gareth Gates rap. I'll have to settle for his 'street' moves instead. #grabscrotch #BigReunion2014

and

Natalie Edwards@NatalieSEdwards 31 mins

5th Story are singing Breathe Again. Kenzie is rapping parts. I know this should be awful but I love it. https://vine.co/v/Mmu9ngwjaxT

There are some rather nice photos here:

http://www.rexfeatures.com/livefeed/2014/02/21/big_reunion_concert,_hammersmith_apollo,_london

and the Daily Mail have obviously used a couple in their article. Whilst not talking about Gareth's performance, they do relive their article of yesterday BUT provide some lovely close up photos:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2565434/Jodi-Albert-reunites-Girl-Thing-The-Big-Reunion-gig-alongside-Eternal-5th-Story-Damage.html

Guest NicolaJayne

The pics are amazing Val and thank you for finding them and putting them on here.

Just like to say I have done a report in a new thread but if you want to keep all the Big Reunion together feel free to transfer it here, or to the 5th Story thread. I won't be offended.

I know sometimes people don't like to start a new thread or feel uncomfortable about telling us about gigs etc or simply like to 'pop it in here' for fear their story isn't as good as any others etc so we will leave your post about the gig independently but will change the title so others can pop their tales in there too.

Thanks for being understanding.

We'll be able to see footage from the concert on the show on March 27th.

http://www.tv3.ie/entertainment_article.php?locID=1.803.813&article=127110

• 720212_636x357.jpg
    5th Story perform for first time at Big Reunion gig

5th Story performed for the very first time at 'The Big Reunion' concert last night (21.02.14).

The newly-formed super-group roused fans at London's Hammersmith Apollo with a set comprised of songs made famous by each of the band members, including Another Level's Dane Bowers, Blazin' Squad's Kenzie, Gareth Gates, Kavana and Adam Rickitt.

The group's set list featured Another Level's 'Freak Me', Blazin' Squad's 'Flip Reverse', Adam's 'I Breathe Again', Kavana's 'I Can Make You Feel Good' and finally, closing the show, Gareth's number one hit 'Spirit in the Sky'.

Speaking to BANG Showbiz after the concert, Dane revealed it was ''difficult'' to gauge which songs fans would want to hear from the various band members' back catalogues but knew 'Freak Me' - which was a number one single for Another Level - had to be included.

Reformed 1990s soul group Eternal surprised fans by introducing Bebe Winans onstage to sing their own number one hit, 'I Wanna Be the Only One', while former teen heartthrobs A1 entertained the crowd with songs such as 'Take On Me' and 'Caught in the Middle'.

US band 3T paid an emotional tribute to their late uncle Michael Jackson by singing 'Why', their collaboration with the King of Pop, as family photos appeared on screens behind them.

Former Spice Girl Emma Bunton was among the celebrity names at the gig to support her fiancé Jade Jones and his band Damage, who serenaded the crowd with songs such as 'Wonderful Tonight'.

The gig also marked the culmination of a painful reunion for short-lived girl band Girl Thing, who were created by Simon Cowell but were unceremoniously dropped by their record label after two songs.

The group performed their top 10 charting song 'Last One Standing', a cover of Katy Perry's 'Roar', and for the first time they performed 'Pure and Simple' - the song which has been a source of contention on the second series of 'The Big Reunion'.

Girl Thing claim they wrote parts of the track, which was eventually released by 'Popstars' winners Hear'Say and topped the charts in 2001.

The Hammersmith gig was attended by stars of 'The Big Reunion' 2013 including 911 and Atomic Kitten's Liz McClarnon, as well as Kenzie's pal Mark Wright, Keith Lemon, Mutya Buena and Laura Mvula.

The concert will air on ITV2's 'The Big Reunion' on March 27.

Guest NicolaJayne

In the Sun on Sunday today they have an article on the show and a pic of 5th Story, sorry can't scan but I will type what they have to say about 5th Story.

Combining the various talents of Pop Flops, Adam Ricketts, Gareth Gates, Dane Bowers, Kavana and Kenzie never sounded like a good idea on paper.

But the 5th Story Man Band most certainly not formed by popular demand actually did a decent job on their first ever Live Performance. There never going to be The new Take That but their slick performance ticked the guilty pleasure box and satisfied the crowd. This won't be the last you will see of this odd grouping as they are already lining up a Tour alongside Blue.

It says lots more about the show but only got time to type to type the bits about 5th Story.

This is what I feared and hate the way they have banded Gareth with the others as a Pop Flop when he has never stopped working.

I just want to say that this is my opinion and if anyone doesn't agree, then each to their own - I see 5th Story as an amazing opportunity for Gareth to do something different for a change :) And also I really like Gareth in the band and he said on Twitter yesterday that all of his fans should follow 5th Story which I love as well :)

From Hayley