Bingley Arts Centre - Thursday 17th July 2014

Val4Gareth

• 3 months later...

I wasn't going to post a report about the show last night, as I haven't posted on here since before Christmas.

The show was outstanding, Gareth was fantastic,I must admit was getting a little tired of hearing the same songs at every gig we went to.

The show started at 7-45 with a local rock band,they were really good,they said they had been listening to Gareth's sound check,thought he was outstanding.After the interval the rock band men came back into the theatre and joined the audience for the whole of Gareth's set.All the Gates family except his dad, plus friends from Australia were there.Gareth sang non stop from 8-45 to 10-30pm,he started off with Sentimental,Listen to my heart,Sunshine,plus other songs from his 3 Albums.He sang Stars as well, what a brilliant arrangement him and Pete sang.The last 30 minutes Gareth said lets now have some fun.People went down to the front of the stage, his sisters joined in as well with the Austalian visitors.

Gareth sang Angel on my Shoulder for his Mum,he called her down to the front,gave her a hug and said "Whose got a 30year old son now,your getting old kid"

The theatre was packed,on the 2 clips above it doesn't sound like it.

In the raffle to meet Gareth, a girl in front of us won,she was in her mid teens,she broke down in tears and sobbed when it was annouced. We watched for a few minutes when Gareth came out afterwards,didn't stay as there were lots of people waiting.

The only thing that spoilt the evening was 4 young women who were sat next to ValR,they were drunk and carried on drinking throughout the show.

They were talking and giggling all the time,Val asked them to stop,the abuse she was given from them for the rest of the evening was disgusting.

I must say I thought this gig was one of the best we have seen,The set arrangement was different and perfect,Gareth's singing was perfection, I am now looking forward to his November tour.

Thank you so much for posting your report from Bingley Doris , I was hoping someone might let us know about the show .
It sounds a brilliant night, with a good choice of songs , I also get a bit fed up of the same old songs. I would love to hear Gareth 's version of Stars . I hope someone has recorded it . It's good to hear the local rock band stayed to watch the whole show :thumbsup:

Thank you for posting your report Doris. The set list sounds very similar to the one he did at Wednesbury except he didn't sing Stars then. Would love to have heard him sing that. Hopefully next time.

What a shame the girls spoiled it a bit for you.

The gigs do seem to be getting better and should even more so when he starts singing more of his new material. Think that will be on his November tour.

Thank you again for posting.

Guest NicolaJayne

Thank you for you report Doris, so pleased you decided to post it up, it's always nice to hear about shows you can't get to and especially his local ones.

Shame about the drunken girls who spoilt it a bit for you.

I am also now looking forward to his tour in November.

Great to read your report Dorral.

You have given us so much information that we wouldn't otherwise have known.

It was good to read about the Rockband coming back into the audience to watch Gareth too.

Actually it was good to read every snippett. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sounds like it was a really fab night.

Thankyou.

Thanks for writing your report Doris -as you said Gareth's voice was outstanding, choice of songs was great and his speech was perfect as well. It was lovely when he got Wendy to come down to the stage and he also had Mia and Max up on stage near the end. He started off singing whilst holding them then said I can't do this, gave them back to the family and said 'I'm knackered'

As Doris mentioned I had some horrible girls next to me, thank goodness they went down to the front to dance for the last half hour but I was quite upset at what they said to me.

Looking forward to seeing Gareth in Manchester in November now.