• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

Selladoor have released the following statement:

Whilst the news is understandable in these Pandemic circumstances we have to feel glad that the Production Company have faith in their productions and artists to still continue. They have this to say about Footloose:

Footloose the Musical due to open April 2020 at Wimbledon Theatre will now open at the earliest in Zurich Maag Theatre Music Hall (Switzerland) November 2020 - with UK dates commencing from January 2021.

I saw this Eternal and hope for the company and all the actors that this will happen. I wonder if by then the cruises will have started and if Gareth will be performing on them, could mean he won't be able to do Footloose. 

Fingers crossed that we can see him next year. 

P&O cruises are suspended until  31st July up to now, all 6 ships are moving between Southampton and Weymouth Bay.This week-end P&O are chartering a flight to take over 300 crew home.

Gareth could  do both cruises and Footloose next year ,the cruise companies accommodate artists when they are available ,lots of acts are in shows at the same time.

Are the ships just going from one Port to another? Can't they stay in one Port?

Sounds good if Gareth can do both. He is usually good at fitting things in.

Think the whole country is realising that mostly in 2020 not much is going to happen. Think everyone is looking forward to a bumper 2021.🤞

I have been told that the ships have to sail out to sea after about a week to offload the treated  soiled water and take on  sea water which is then desalinated for use on the ship.P&O  ships are sailing between Southampton and Weymouth Bay where they stay for about a week in each place.

• 2 weeks later...

We have new dates for 2021😀 FOOTLOOSE 2021  (I am sure by this time there will be solutions to theatre audiences as all sorts of ideas are coming up at the moment).

FOOTLOOSE UK TOUR 2021

This tour information is the latest update as of 3 June 2020

11 – 16 January 2021
MILTON KEYNES Theatre
BOOK TICKETS

1 – 6 March 2021
Blackpool Opera House
BOOK TICKETS

8 – 13 March 2021
New WIMBLEDON Theatre
BOOK TICKETS

15 – 20 March 2021
Regent Theatre, STOKE ON TRENT
BOOK TICKETS

19 – 24 April 2021
King’s Theatre, GLASGOW
BOOK TICKETS

26 April – 1 May 2021
Opera House MANCHESTER
BOOK TICKETS

17 – 22 May 2021
Malvern Theatre Worchester
BOOK TICKETS

20 – 24 July 2021
EDINBURGH Playhouse
BOOK TICKETS

More dates to follow

Thanks for this information Eternal. Good to see that the tour will still be going ahead. Good to see that it will be in Manchester, fingers crossed that things will be back to some kind of normality by then - we can't possibly carry on social distancing for ever! Won't be rushing to book tickets just yet though.

Same here. Good that Footloose dates have been rearranged. Like you say Val, we can’t do this social distancing forever. However, I won’t be rushing to book tickets either. I can’t help feeling it’s going to be a long time before I’m going to want to sit so close to anyone, but I know not everyone feels like us. I may feel better as things go on! 

• 1 month later...

It’s annoying as there’s a few where Gareth isn’t mentioned and I asked one once on twitter and got told they are unable to say at the moment meaning they didn’t yet know. I hope it isn’t to long until the Footloose tour or Gareths management can announce the ones he’s doing and not doing and the tour knows all venues.

I noticed on the links to the new dates earlier in the thread while along with Milton Keynes and New Wimbledon dont show Gareth on the poster, Manchester doesn’t show him or Darren either but Gareth must be doing that venue apart from the Saturday as it says he won’t be appearing on Saturday May 1st.

I have also noticed on Manchester Gareth and Darren are mentioned in the writing above and below the poster whereas not on MK and Wimbledon which according to all this it doesn’t mean Gareths not doing a venue just because he’s not on the poster.

Definitely best to check with the theatres before booking just to make sure however if he is on the poster I think we can safely say he’s doing it.

Thanks for checking this Maria. I expect once the go ahead for Theatres to operate normally we will hear some confirmations from the individual theatres (and maybe from Gareth himself)🙄

So Gareths Melody is it Wolverhampton in April and Malvern in May?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • eternal changed the title to Gareth and Footloose the Musical 2021