Best of Gareth CD release 10 March 2014

eternal

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Khelda , I saw Gareth had updated this on his facebook today , it's 153 at the moment .

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152229182565871&set=pb.22143480870.-2207520000.1391712680.&type=3&theater

Gareth has just posted on his facebook that it's Number 1 on the movers and shakers chart , not sure how that works out

http://www.garethgates.com/2014/02/very-best-of-gareth-gates-number-1-in-amazon-movers-and-shakers-chart/

I wonder if Gareth's manager is aware of the reduced price and the non-eligibility to the charts at this price?

I saw her tweeting yesterday advertising it so why would she do this if it won't chart?

Perhaps someone who is in touch with her could verify as with all she has going on at the moment, she may not be aware.

Well, here it is. What we've been waiting for.

See the videos to Gareth¹s new acoustic tracks here first via his own youtube channel.
The first will be uploaded tonight at 6pm and the next 2 between now and the 10th March.

We hope you enjoy them!

Gareth HQ x
1451461_10152274149875871_1878683444_n.j

Maybe they aren't bothered about the charts Chris - no idea how it works these days with iTunes etc. There was an interesting article in the Sunday Times last week, mainly about how well behaved the artists are at The Brits now compared with in the past - here's part of the article

'Why? simply because nobody believes they can afford to take risks anymore. The money from the British music industry has long drained away - and with it the bullish bravado and invincibility that used to make nights like the Brits memorable.

On the morning of the Brits, midweek album sales revealed that the biggest selling album had barely scraped 6.000 sales. Ten years ago it would have been at least 10 times as many. Combined with the decreased sales is the lack of opportunity for musicians to perform on television. Since the demise of Top of the Pops, the Brit awards is no longer just another industry knees up, but an annual lifeline for artists trying to connect with a wider audience.'

When you think of how many millions of records Gareth sold and the number of shows available for him to promote when he started off, he probably knows that there is no money to be made from them now, but he just wants his fans to have the CD.

Well, here it is. What we've been waiting for.

See the videos to Gareth¹s new acoustic tracks here first via his own youtube channel.

The first will be uploaded tonight at 6pm and the next 2 between now and the 10th March.

We hope you enjoy them!

Gareth HQ x

1451461_10152274149875871_1878683444_n.j

That's brilliant.

Will be so good to see them.

Valr that's so interesting. I missed that in the Sunday Times. Love articles like this that give us an insight into the music industry.

I still can't understand why no artist would want an album to chart and to appeal to a wider audience. There is a lot of effort (and I would think, expense)gone into the videos etc so surely some of that needs to be recouped.

Like you say perhaps it is just for the fans which is a nice gesture.