eternal

Rate Gareth's New Music  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

With thanks to Becky and to Val we have had the chance to both hear and see Gareth perform six of his new tracks (hopefully from a new album).

Now we get the chance to choose our favourite :thumbsup: (yes very cruel) :unsure:

1.Free

2.Hold on Tight

3.Stay

4.I Believe In Us

5. I Was Born To Fly? (we think)

6. If This Ain't Love

:thumbsup: From this thread here (embedded versions too) :thumbsup:

Might be interesting to see how our opinion changes the more often we hear the tracks.

I've been singing If This Ain't Love all day! I can't get it out of my head... god help the people in work tomorrow haha.

It will be interesting to see which song is his first single... it might be a different one that we've not even heard yet!

I think if there will be a single, then Gareth has to make sure its one that is catchy and sticks in peoples mind. I sometime worry if people put songs like Free as their choice and if Gareth or his management look up on polls of fans, they chose the wrong song, like they did with Changes. Even though they are good songs, as singles they have to capture non fans too to be successful.

I think so too Val, the same as Changes is real lovely, but I dont think they make good singles. Just my opinion of course, and they probably will release whichever song they like anyhow. :)

Still say Skeletons would have been a classic if they had released it as a single. Really catchy with a great hook.

I think all the songs we've heard so far, Gareth has written to reflect his personal feelings. I've also got the feeling we've not yet heard the song that he has in mind for his first single from the new album.

Get very excited every time I write or see written those last few words. :jump:

Agree with you Khelda. I think he needs a really catchy song to get the attention of none fans this time. I have listened to the six songs loads of times now and think Free is the only one I can actually remember and even then I'm not sure I like it. Just my personal opinion, but I think most of the songs are a bit the same and the lyrics are a bit repetitive throughout each song. Does anyone else think this or is it just me? I'm just hoping he has something else up his sleeve that we haven't heard yet. I did wonder though if I might like them more with a backing track instead of acoustic. I have loved all his albums thus far and have them on in the car all the time.

Barbigirl I was actually thinking similar to you re backing track. I personally am not so keen on acoustic, I do like it when you hear more instruments, and sometimes the instrument playing makes a song imo.

So I am also looking forward to hearing what these songs sound like recorded.

Guest NicolaJayne

My favourite has to be Free just because it seems to have more to it than the others, but it's also very emotional and very sad and not so repetitive. But I have to agree with Khelda that i I,m not sure it would go down well as his next single. I agree that it. Needs something more upbeat and catchy.

Having said that I. Like all the new songs but just think it has to be something different to release for the first single as it has to make a big impact on non Gareth fans.

I sometime worry if people put songs like Free as their choice and if Gareth or his management look up on polls of fans, they chose the wrong song, like they did with Changes.

No guests can see any results on here and it's only members who can vote so no chance of any management seeing them.

Free is getting the most votes at the moment.

I too would like to see a single/album released with some backing and not Acoustic. Gareth very obviously may feel different as he may want it to reflect the Acoustic tour he is doing.

• 2 weeks later...

Personally I like Free the best, and the lyrics just get me every time. Having said that, as others have said I'm not sure it would be enough to catch the people who aren't already fans. Would also like to hear them with a backing track as I think that can make a huge difference to a song, rather than just acoustic. I just think he needs something extremely catchy to get other people interested. Not sure any we have heard would do that, as much as I love them myself.

Guest NicolaJayne

I agree with Laura we fans all love FREE because it's very personal to Gareth but not sure that it would appeal to new Fans or non fans who didn't understand the meaning of those very special lyrics