Fabulous Magazine Rich List

Guest NicolaJayne

Guest NicolaJayne

No 42 Gareth Gates

£2.8 M

Signifies he is down 16 places

It was back in 2002 that squeaky clean Gareth Gates finished runner up to Will Young in the pop idol final.

His version of Unchained Melody became the second biggest selling single of the noughties, making him a millionaire within months of finding fame.

Gareth now 31 made made almost 2 million through west end roles in Joseph and the amazing dream Coat and Les Miserable.

He also made investments with Ingenious Media which promoted films including Avatar and X Men origins Wolverine,although the company came under fire last year for suspected tax avoidance scemes he was paid £75,000 to join Pop Group 5th Story as part of ITV2's Big Reunion, after taking part in Dancing on Ice tour last year(he starred in TV show in 2008) he was £160,000 better off.

A Greatest hits album The very Best of Gareth Gates brought in £450.000 last year.

I don't think this is accurate at all and don't know where they get their figures from they haven't mentioned his academies. And only know what he has made from the TV shows, it is all pure guess work in my opinion. I am sure Gareth is worth much more than that as I think he has a few properties.

Guest NicolaJayne

No that's true, he is a very private person. I just read an article that said 5 million but that's his business and nothing to do with anyone else. i think Gareth has a good head on his shoulders and will have invested his money wisely, not like some others I could mention.