Fake Gareth on Twitter

Yorksheather

I've reported it Heather. If you just go to the little cog next to the follow button there is the option to report.

How do I report an impersonation violation?

You can report an account for impersonation directly from that account’s profile. For instructions on how to report directly from a profile

How to report profiles for violations:

1. Open the profile you’d like to report.
  2. Select the gear icon 1423784993_9870.jpeg(on web or Twitter for iOS) or tap the overflow icon 1426638952_724.jpeg (on Twitter for Android).
  3. Select Report and then select the type of issue you’d like to report.
  4. If you select They’re being abusive or harmful, we’ll ask you to provide additional information about the issue you’re reporting.
  5. Once you’ve submitted your report, we’ll provide recommendations for additional actions you can take to improve your Twitter experience.

This is the same Jenny who also follows the official Gareth Gates who has had several accounts and keeps saying how he has her mobile number she gave him when she met him, was just looking at her tweets to this fake Gareth, I think she definitely has some learning disabilities with the way she goes on and it's sad really that this fake is making fun of her.

Will definitely report him too as reading their tweets to each other, its worrying that if she actually meets up with this guy and it's of course a total stranger who may hurt her.

Reading their tweets to each other, I wouldn't want a conversation like that with the real Gareth over DM

I know what you mean Chris, I was also wondering actually along with the possibility of it may be being what I said, I was also thinking that there's no learning difficulties at all and she is just doing it on purpose all this trying to get Gareth to text her and saying she would love to be his girlfriend, suppose she is just saying what some fans may be thinking as in the past myself have thought how it would be a dream come true to become his girlfriend but i'd never dream of saying i'd love a relationship with him if he wasn't with Faye, I wouldn't even attempt to give him my mobile number and want him to text me even just as a friend, as far as being fans supporting him is concerned, there is Twitter to tell him what we think of him as a multi talented artist, no celeb should give a fan their number unless it's someone who is a friend of the family anyway.

I always thought that Jenny has learning difficulties , and I'm not thinking they are in it together , but who knows ?

I think she does have learning difficulties and she has definitely met Gareth and been up on stage with him at one of his gigs, so, certainly not the same person.

I reported him yesterday and again today, but Twitter doesn't appear to have done anything. Feel so sorry for the girl as she's obviously got problems and has been taken in by him. She really thinks she's talking to Gareth. Such a shame.

Yes, such a shame, I feel like saying something to him if i'm honest, worse thibng that can happen is my get verbal abuse on there from the guy and possibly Jenny as well and tbh I can take it, although it may upset Jenny, I get more upset when I see others getting hurt, and like the idiots who decide to make fun of Gareth from time to time.

I think she does have learning difficulties and she has definitely met Gareth and been up on stage with him at one of his gigs, so, certainly not the same person.

This is very sad if this is the case and she thinks its really Gareth talking to her.

Doesn't anyone think it's important she is informed it's not Gareth?

This is very sad if this is the case and she thinks its really Gareth talking to her.

Doesn't anyone think it's important she is informed it's not Gareth?

I doubt she's believe anyone Chris. She'd just think it was someone being jealous because Gareth was talking to her.

Guest NicolaJayne

Good for you spotting the fake Gareth site Heather and I think Katie did the right thing reporting it, don't know what people get out of it.

Also I think you did the right thing Maria telling her she wasn't speaking to Gareth.