Pizza Express Maidstone 23rd feb

Guest NicolaJayne

Guest NicolaJayne

18CF23D7-508E-4C05-B25B-26486BC3B6AA.jpegLinda came  to mine and we set off about 3 45pm after Brian picked Becca up at college to babysit Jack. I know it seems quite early for. 7 00 show but I always worry about holdups and accidents when we have to cross the toll bridge. As it happens this time we had a good journey arriving just after 5 00, not allowed in till 7 00 but was told that the tables were allocated on how early you booked and as we booked October or November expected a good seat. With the weather being so cold we had to find a cafe nearby, with lots of spare time.

when we went in saw Caitlin and Sharon, Kimberley with her husband and Kelly and Kirsty. Nice to see some familiar faces. Just before we went into the restaurant Gareth and Pete walked passed us, a surprise I wasn’t expecting. Then we were shown to our places.  Not all together happy with our seating as we were down the side about 4 back but as someone didn’t turn up moved down a place.

Had our meal which was very nice, but not a pizza lover so had pasta. Then I think dead on 9 00 Pete came on stage quickly followed by Gareth in his flowered suit, he has really taken a shine to them but this one not one of my favourites. But Gareth can carry anything off.

As I am never any good at remembering what he sings I tried to write them all down so here goes. First half

Suspious Minds, True Colours, which I think he played on the Organ, Anyone of us, Angel on my shoulder, Footloose lovely that he included this one, Faith, Yesterday, love this one, I believe I can fly, Valerie, Hold tight, My Girl and Dance then it was time for the interval of about 20 minutes. Second half All of me, That’s when you know, Dance with my Father, In Heaven, Sweet child of mine, Say it isn’t so,Unchained Melody, Brown eyed girl, Mr Brightside, SITS, and everyone was shouting for more so then he sang Mustang Sally. Gareth got people up on stage for SITS one being a lady sat next to us as it was her Birthday. It was a really lovely intimate evening in a nice comfortable setting and I hope Gareth does more of these type of shows, just wish I was able to go to the one in London.When  the show finished Gareth’s roadie said to stay seated and Gareth would come out to do a meet and Greet, which he did almost immediately, we were lucky to be at that end of the stage so near the front of the queue. Gareth was lovely with everyone, signed the booklet for everyone and had pics with everyone.  I asked him if he enjoyed the cruise and he said it was fun. He is so lovely and even offered to help me down the step from the stage, such a gentleman. We stayed and watched others meeting Gareth as I really love how he makes everyone feel special. 

Didnt like the stage lighting so my pics were a bit dark, but as we went out Gareth was in the corridor       Talking to Sharon and Caitlin and they had their pic there also Kimberley had a pic there, so I asked him for another but had my coat on as were just leaving.

So nice to have the Meet and Greet  in the warm and not have to wait outside in the cold. Hope everyone going tonight and tomorrow have a lovely time, you are in for a treat.

5D3A0BC9-4E89-410B-953C-08338F815880.jpeg

6C656E7F-6F1C-4C33-AC6E-BE0E1C9135D9.jpeg

F55FCAED-FDAE-4B20-9804-3A4B20B7B71A.jpeg

AE365D79-A173-4C1E-B625-1370297BE8FF.jpeg

2EB9C85B-60F2-4281-8734-59522DAD7BED.jpeg

05EFA69C-D950-42BE-BF0C-8DA31506DD9B.jpeg

Guest NicolaJayne

I would also like to see Gareth do more of these type of gigs, suitable for all age groups Chris. 

I am a bit past the night clubs now. 

Pleased all that went to Birmingham last night had a good time, would love to have gone to the one in London tonight but unfortunately it’s not possible.

Anyone got any pics from last night? I would love to see them. 

Also if this thread should have been in news, feel free to move it.

Thanks for your lovely report Elaine, it sounds as though it was a great evening and I love the set list with quite a few different songs that I really like. Unfortunately I've no idea when I'll next get to see him, hopefully he will be doing some more of this kind of show.