Gareth on board

eternal

Gareth seems to be performing on another Cruise Ship this evening. This doesn't appear to be the same 'brand' Dorral was lucky enough to see him on.

Great to have onboard ! The theater is set and the Cruise director is ready!! There’s a great buzz in the room!

DcxiACqX4AApf-2.jpg

DcxiACuXcAA3z7Y.jpg
DcxiACtXkAEvYmG.jpg

Under the Entertainment section on this article about a refurbishment to the ship

https://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/news/news.cfm?ID=8530

Is Gareth the 'Pop'?

Guest NicolaJayne

I can’t believe the shows that Gareth is doing, in what we thought was going to be a quiet year for him. He seems to just get busier, don’t know how he manages to fit it all in. Just hope he is back in the musicals next year.

This did cross my mind Elaine when I saw this as that’s now the second last minute cruise as there was an extra P&O cruise the other week which found out was more of a last minute thing. Don’t know how long last nights gig on this cruise had been advertised on their site but makes you wonder how many more cruises he’ll go on that we don’t know about. The other day he went to the South of France with Matt Daines so he was having best friend time, don’t know if that was part of the cruise and Matt went with him or not.

Thanks for posting this Chris, I’ll keep a look out for any tweets etc about the gig.

Seems he’ll be going on their next cruise according to this tweet

A couple of shots of @Gareth_Gates performing on #sapphireprincess last night. The guests really loved his show and we are excited to welcome him back next cruise for more headliner shows. @PrincessCruises @PrincessUKmedia #princesscruises #celebrityshowtime #garethgates #SA2018

1B6613A8-581A-4C07-97F9-32799A208B30.jpeg

40BD5AFA-283C-4D48-8072-DE43BF45D59E.jpeg

2FCD56BA-740A-4263-A5BD-72A2F5E74598.jpeg

Guest NicolaJayne
On 10/05/2018 at 4:44 PM, mariaw81 said:

Seems he’ll be going on their next cruise according to this tweet

A couple of shots of @Gareth_Gates performing on #sapphireprincess last night. The guests really loved his show and we are excited to welcome him back next cruise for more headliner shows. @PrincessCruises @PrincessUKmedia #princesscruises #celebrityshowtime #garethgates #SA2018

1B6613A8-581A-4C07-97F9-32799A208B30.jpeg

40BD5AFA-283C-4D48-8072-DE43BF45D59E.jpeg

2FCD56BA-740A-4263-A5BD-72A2F5E74598.jpeg

Pleased Gareth is doing so well and proving so popular, but nothing that is acessable for me to get to unfortunately. Wish I was able to sample one of the cruises but no chance of that. Never mind our turn will come and we will get to that date eventually, just hope nothing stands in the way.

Guest NicolaJayne

Just seen Gareth’s tweet about his gig on Saphireprincess, he seems to be going down very well on the cruise ships and going back next week, it must be very satisfying to be getting paid for enjoying himself. I am getting a bit worried that he may do a Jayne McDonald and Micky Dumoulin and decide this is the way to go. I am hoping not and that he will go back to the musicals next year. I am thinking the cruise ship gigs will be very hard to turn down. 

Will be interested to know what other fans think about this. 

The only disadvantages are not being able to see Faye, his family and Missy very often. 

I don’t think that will be the way to go and will just be something he’ll do in between, of course if he goes in musicals next year there’ll be no time for cruises but may be other years. He could see more of Missy if it’s a show in the West End rather than a tour but will be equally as hard to see Faye, friends and family. I just hope with him doing extra things this year such as the princess cruises he’s not missing Missy growing up as I thought that was the main point in him having more of a break this year, was lovely Missy was able to be in one of the crosses with him though. If he sticks to gigs I would like more theatre gigs or ones like Pizza Express, not mostly bingo or nightclub gigs and cruises.

I too am hoping Gareth goes back into musicals again next year although I suppose he can't please everyone all the time. Gareth seems to be busier than ever which is really great for him and even though I don't like the bingo or nightclub gigs either myself at least he's "not carrying all his eggs in one basket" so to speak!!  From a selfish point of view, I was disappointed when he said in his message to us that he had turned down two musicals for this year. At the time I understood his reasons behind it, but looking at his busy schedule this year I can't see how he can be achieving what he said he wanted from his decision. However, for him I suppose he is trying to appeal to a wider audience as well and it's very good for him that he is still popular and getting plenty of work. He does seem to have got his head screwed on though diversifying into business at the same time as entertaining his fans too.  It's always good to have a back up plan!  I last saw Gareth in Footloose for the second time in Bridlington last October and doubt very much now that I will see him again until he decides to return to do a theatre gig or musical again, if ever.  :mellow:

Guest NicolaJayne

I agree with Maria and Barbara about not being keen on Gareth doing the Bingo turns as I think he is better than that and also not keen on him doing the night club gigs because I am the wrong age group for night clubs. Can understand why he would want to do them though as it is the best way of attracting more younger fans. Can't see him ever finding the time to write new music though and wonder if it's not his priority any more, but he can't go on doing  gigs without introducing different songs. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest NicolaJayne

Thank you for the link to the fan meeting Gareth on the cruise ship eternal, such a lovely story and typical of Gareth to pick her to sing with him making her dreams. One true.