Altrincham Christmas lights

eternal

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is good::jump:

I’m gonna put this out there and say This was the best Christmas light switch on in years Well done

and so is this::thumbsup:

Replying to   and 

No problem. Never been a fan but that Man can sing. I suppose I better give him his due and the acting/singing teaching place he has set up with the lady from Corrie. They have done good

Gareth was in excellent form for the Christmas lights switch-on in Altrincham this afternoon/evening. I sat on a wall for the earlier part of the main entertainment but got up and moved gradually closer to the stage when Gareth came on stage. He looked very smart with a grey winter coat over his clothes but not close enough to describe better, (I'm sure Maria will as she was right at the front).

Gareth sang five songs:

• Suspicious Minds
  • Anyone Of Us
  • Perfect (which he dedicated to Faye who was in the audience)
  • Unchained Melody
  • Spirit In The Sky

He encouraged the crowd to join in throughout and there was a great atmosphere. It was especially lovely to hear Perfect in full and live. Gareth's voice suits this song so well and it seems completely back to its very best. Gareth then left the stage for a few minutes before coming back with the other guests to switch the lights on. Shortly after it was all over.

Maria & I hung around for a while to see whether Gareth would come out. After a while James Moores and Emma Lansley (Fates) appeared. We stopped them & chatted a bit  about Fates, then asked whether Gareth was coming out but he & Faye had already left another way to go to his car on the roof (car parking extended over several of the buildings).

It was lovely to see Gareth performing again and hadn't really expected to be able to speak to him on this occasion. Good to see Maria too before and after the show.

It's always so lovely when you know people are going that they come on here and tell us how it went. It's exciting!:jump:

So glad you could make it as know you haven't been well lately. Shame you didn't get to meet Gareth but I suppose with the amount of people there it was safer for him to dash off. Saw on Twitter someone say security was a bit of a nightmare.

Hope someone has a recording of Perfect.

Thanks Linda

Guest NicolaJayne

Thank you Lindajan for telling us all about the lights switch on and what Gareth sang. Not had chance to listen to the snippets yet as I am at the moment in A & E at Harlow Hospital 

Here’s 3 short recordings I’d done of Suspicious Minds, Any One of us and Perfect, I realised after I should of done more of each song especially Perfect as it’s not been sang as much as the others of course. I’ve not really had chance to listen to the videos others have done so don’t know if they got the high note in Unchained Melody, I’d of definitely recorded that song too if I thought he won’t get the crowd to do that part like he has for as long as I can remember since the vocal cord injury.

Theres not much I can add that Linda hasn’t already explained bless her, was lovely to see her, I got covered in fake snow being at the front. I should of stood at the right side of the stage instead of the left lol as the right side was where Gareth hung about between his gig and the light switch on itself.

Suspicious Minds

Sorry for starting this as a new topic but for some reason I am unable to post a reply on the original one.  Thank you so much Linda for your excellent report about the lights switch on, pleased you found somewhere to sit as I know it's was a small area and not many seats there. Thanks also Maria and glad  that you got so close even if you think you were on the wrong side and got covered in 'snow'! I've also watched several of the videos posted on Facebook by Andy Egan and Altrincham Matters and it really does look as though it was a brilliant event - regretting not going now!

Edits to say that I've just looked at the Altrincham Matters facebook page and it's been viewed by 4.6k people which can only be a good thing for Gareth!