Cinderella

Guest NicolaJayne

Guest NicolaJayne

What a lovely day yesterday from start to finish.

i feel so lucky my husband took me to Manchester all the way from Hertfordshirevto see Gareth, unfortunately Linda couldn’t come this time.it was an early start at 6 30pm as we were going to the matinee at 1 00pm. We hit a bit of traffic on the way but got there in good time and parked up just opposite the theatre. Got variety bundle with our tickets £15 each and such good value included a programme drink before the show and drink in the interval a packet of crisps and little pack of yoghurt coated raisins. We took our seats on the front row. Gareth came on looking magnificent in his costume and sounding magnificent both speaking and singing. He sang unchained Melody and 2 or 3 others but don’t want to spoil for others who haven’t yet seen it. Les Dennis And Phelan out of Corrie made brilliant Ugly Sisters, and Buttons very funny and quick with his gags. Cinderella is my favourite panto and it was Gareths first at Wimbledon with the real horses. Won’t say anything about the horses in this one except to say they were amazing, you will see what I mean when you go. It flew by as usual and finished around 3 15pm with Gareth giving me a little wave at the end. Not sure if he would come out as he has to eat and don’t know how much time between shows. It was freezing cold but Gareth did come out and I had a few words with him and a quick pic before he dashed off, Phelan came out too so had a few words with him as we are ardent fans of Corrie. Then we went round the Christmas markets which are nearby. Then on to China town and a lovely meal at the Yang Sing which was special as the Brass band came in playing Christmas carols, we knew about it as had been before with my son when he had an exhibition at Salford. Then we went to premier inn where we stayed the night about 10 miles away very tired but happy. Then this morning called at Stafford on the way home what a lovely place worth a visit if you are ever near and now just got home.

4555E0C8-621B-4A77-8AE9-162A631B5929.jpeg

AE14EB38-9EF8-4161-A6FA-80520929CC78.jpeg

9B612C06-434C-4430-8538-567CA6983490.jpeg

00941E19-27BA-4286-A773-1D8F3ACA6062.jpeg

F080065B-911D-4793-BD9B-F964442D9EEB.jpeg

3FBC6452-C0B4-4EEA-9200-A9D7F3D65214.jpeg

Guest NicolaJayne

Forgot to say there was a girl in a wheelchair very excited waiting for Gareth so waited back till she had a pick with him, and a few waiting for Phelan who was such a nice person, but Les Dennis never came out. 

I found the people in Manchester very friendly. But I thought London was bad for homeless People, but never seen as many as there was in Manchester, so sad just being stopped all the time by people wanting money for hot drinks as it was so bitterly cold.

Thanks very much Elaine, loved reading your report and seeing your photos. Unfortunately Manchester does  have a lot of homeless people., seems to be more everytime I go in!

Andy Burnham who is the mayor says not to give them money but instead to a homeless charity as a lot of the time it will be used by the homeless for drink or drugs, very sad, can't imagine what it must be like, especially at this time of year.

What a lovely report to read and fabulous photos. I thought my husband has been good at coming to shows etc to see Gareth, but even I think your husband deserves a medal to drive so far at this time of the year. You sound as though you packed in a lot of things in your time in Manchester though. 

Yes Elaine your husband is a real gem.

Us Brummies headed for Manchester and met up with Lindajan on the way. She has recently been poorly so was really good to see her and the journey she had made on her own. We met up with Valr and Dorral who luckily were able to give us directions from the station to the theatre and where to eat etc.

The theatre was absolutely beautiful and I read somewhere it holds 1900 people. I would say that the matinee we went to most of those 1900 seats were taken. There were lots of school children and they were all really well behaved.

The panto was a laugh a minute from start to finish. There wasn't any minute that something was happening on the stage to hold everyone's attention. The chap sat next to me was really laughing which made me laugh all the more.I was even laughing at the Coronation Street jokes and yet I never watch it.:unsure:

Gareth was certainly the dashing handsome Prince. It was lovely to hear him talking in his 'aristocratic' accent and his manner of the Regal Prince were performed to perfection. His voice sounded lovely although we thought the mic could have been turned up a bit more for some of the earlier songs (will leave Lindajan to tell you which songs he sang). The Unchained Melody scene was just delightful.

Every member of the cast gave a fanatastic performance and it would seem no expense has been spared with the costumes and the scenery. There was one amazing spectacular scene, which you just have to go and see to believe it. How it happens we could not work out.

I thought last year was a fantastic Panto in Wolverhampton for Gareth but I think this one was even better.

Gareth did come out to the stage door very early. He was so lovely with everyone and took time to have photos. He was the only member of the cast to come out (that I saw anyway).

Such a lovely day. Thanks for the company Ladies.

Guest NicolaJayne

Brian really wasn’t looking forward to the journey, he doesn’t like driving long distances nowadays.but really enjoyed the Panto and all the other things we did on  the day. Such a shame we didn’t manage to meet up with you but was restricted when we were availlable to go with baby sitting duties.

Guest NicolaJayne

Thank you so much for your lovely report Chris.

i agree about Gareth with his posh ascent don’t know how he does it, I just think he is amazing. 

It was a fabulous panto and would take  a lot of beating. I don’t blame him for favouring the North for his panto’s with both his family and Faye’s up there, he only gets one day off for his Xmas holiday and means he can have as much as possible family time. Pleased you enjoyed your meet up. Miss the old days when we had our meet-ups. 

Another great report and I am really starting to feel I'm missing out on it all. I've never been a panto fan to be honest, but they do sound as though they've got better over last few years. It's good that Gareth takes the time to come out to see people after the show. He must know that some people have travelled far and wide to see him in the show.