Diamond & Ice Charity Ball 16/11/19

eternal

Thanks for posting 🙂it’s brilliant Gareth is taking part in this the 3rd year running. I won’t get to see him much this year so I’m determined to go to this especially as it’s an important charity too, The illness has been in our family as with many others. Hopefully one day there’ll be a cure.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I had ended up cancelling this just a day or two after saying I’d booked as I didn’t think I’d be able to afford it when Bolton came up and I’d decided to book that as it’s close to Manchester but now that’s been put back to Jan as I recently decided to get a refund for that because  there’s no guarantee it will still happen.

Booked again now when I heard there were still tickets left, yesterday they posted on their Facebook it’s now sold out.

Such a beautiful evening for such an important cause, when I heard Gareth was performing at this event again and at the time didn’t know if I’d get to see him this year I thought I have to go this year and why not if it’s possible.

It was such a relaxed atmosphere and instead of all sitting round tables to eat a meal like previous Diamond and Ice parties they had food trucks set up where you could go when you wanted.

There was a bar and DJs playing music so you could get up and dance when you wanted or sit down and relax, there was the main room with all that and where gareth performs then another with seats where the live auction and raffle later took place and another with seats so you can relax.

I met Lisa Stamp a Gareth fan from Twitter and Facebook and her friend who were both lovely. Gareth appeared near the bar, we said hi and got hug off him, Lisa had a pic but I didn’t ask at this point, Lisa doesn’t get to see him much and I knew I could have one later.

Cheryl who set up the event done a speech on how she got through having thyroid cancer and how it changed her life, she expressed how important it is to check our necks and that she set up the event to raise awareness and to help others in similar situations.

Gareth came on and did an acoustic set in the earlier part of the evening, he didn’t sing anything new but was beautiful to hear all the same and to see him playing the piano for a few of them, another one of his talents always beautiful to hear. Dance with my Father, Ed Sherans Perfect, Yesterday, Faith, Unchained Melody and a couple of others. This was followed by a guy doing a couple of magic tricks.

Later on the Robbie Williams tribute did a set then a little while after that Gareth was back on doing more of a party vibe, again doing songs he’s done before at those parts of gigs but still fun all the same, he done quite a few, more than just 5 or 6. He got a few people on stage with him like he does during Spirit in the Sky, because I couldn’t hear myself anyway by this point because of all the music and cheering I put my hand out to get up then he chose me, was such a lovely experience being up there with him, probably the last as no way I could if I could hear myself haha.

After his set he went off to freshen up then came back to have a drink at the bar where he was chatting to the Robbie tribute and some others involved with the party, photographers etc then had pics with some people, there wasn’t a meet and greet set up but because of the set up he was more than happy to have photos with anyone who wanted one. He gave me and Lisa a hug, I didn’t ask for a photo at this point, Lisa had a joint one with Gareth and the Robbie tribute. Gareth later went off but he was still at the party in the room at the opposite end sat chatting to a few I think involved with the party, we went to say goodbye to him as the party was almost finished and I had a photo with him then, wasn’t very clear due to the lighting in the room and my phone, think I still had flash turned off though from when I visited Kitty Cafe with Sarahjane for her birthday. One pic was a stage selfie I managed to get. I’ll post some pics here but will post videos separately.

FF0F3B3B-E62F-4F4D-B7A4-2D2DAD3AEAFA.jpeg

1C06330D-3026-4EF0-8D66-F27C906F337E.jpeg

BEB0F40F-F479-4195-A5CE-DE27B3012DBD.jpeg

AAA2D648-6E33-4523-8CCB-0F94D6FE6486.jpeg

623F278B-DC76-48FE-B71F-0DAA1900510F.jpeg

77A96C18-DFE4-4C59-9530-0215F81D7759.jpeg

C53C54A6-2A6E-4875-9744-6EF8E5AA4058.jpeg

38131D2F-998C-46C7-942A-A206EB260C9A.jpeg

07A62ABB-8716-46D1-A09A-0D0FE5AD9DD1.jpeg

So many thanks for posting this report and all the lovely videos and photos Maria. I kept wondering how the evening was going.

It's so lovely to read of how the format of the evening went and where and how everything was placed.  You have given us a real insight. 

You were very brave getting up to sing but it may have been a regret had you not, when you had the chance. You looked lovely with Gareth too.

Would have been great to hear so many songs from Gareth playing the piano and of course playing for the Robbie Tribute too.

Thanks once again for sharing these.

Of all the photos I think this is the one I like most

07A62ABB-8716-46D1-A09A-0D0FE5AD9DD1.jpeg

Thanks so much for your excellent report and all the photos and videos - I love hearing him sing 'Dance with my father again', gets me everytime. 

It must have been wonderful for you to be able to see so much of Gareth not just when he was singing, and having made such a long trip I'm so happy for you that it was such an amazing evening! 😁