WINSFORD AND BOLTON GIGS cancelled this weekend/ moved to January 2020

ValR

Twilight Productions @TwilightProdUK 37m37 minutes ago

Just seen this on twitter - can't believe another one cancelled. Once again people have hotels and trains booked - not good enough with no proper explanation!!!

•  
  •  

Due to some unforeseen issues we have found it necessary to postpone our @Gareth_Gates gigs in Winsford and Bolton. We are currently awaiting confirmation on a rearranged date in January and all tickets will remain valid for the new date. We will confirm these dates ASAP.

• 1 month later...

I’m confused as to what on Earth has gone on as I just seen Twilight Productions shared the status and said this.

So this came as a bit of a surprise to us in the early hours of this morning as we were due to announce the new Bolton venue on Monday. 

Right at this moment I don’t have any further information so I’m not in a position to answer any questions - bad timing as it’s a weekend and we’re out on another event. 

As soon as we know exactly what’s gone on I’ll post an update here.

Yes still nothing from Twilight. I somehow missed Mondays posts in here or I did but forgot I’d seen them and to reply. I replied the day after Twilight put their response to Gareths managements announcement and I said it’s a shame if something can’t be sorted to keep these gigs on and that I held on from getting a refund so far, next morning they replied to me it’s this. 

Maria Witherford I would love to tell you the exact reason behind this Maria but I can’t.  I will say that it isn’t Gareth that has the issue and it came as a shock to us to see this on Saturday as we were about to confirm the Bolton location. Then I replied, Kevin Gurney I understand you can’t tell me the exact reason. I knew it wouldn’t be Gareth with the issue bless him. Thanks for your reply. x

The other day I decided to email See Tickets requesting a refund as that’s where I bought them, I’ll copy and paste my emails and theirs to which I haven’t replied back to their last reply yet.

I would like a refund for this event as it has been cancelled by Gareths management. I know the original date for this event was a couple of months ago but was postponed to January but this has now been cancelled. As it is Christmas next week I am unable to risk waiting if there'll be a new date as this sounds unlikely due to circumstances around why it was cancelled.

Thanks
Maria.

Dear MISS MARIA 

We've been informed that GARETH GATES LIVE 2020
at Holiday Inn Bolton, Bolton on 19/10/2019 has changed date.

This event will now take place on SATURDAY, 11/01/2020.

Tickets remain valid for the new date or, face value refunds are available if tickets are returned*.

All refunds must be claimed no later than 10 days before the event date.

Please return ticket(s) to See Tickets, 4th Floor, Norfolk House,
47 Upper Parliament Street, Nottingham NG1 2AB, along with a copy of this
letter/e-mail.

Please note that refunds can not be issued if we do not receive your
ticket(s), therefore we recommend you use a secure postal service.

If you haven't received your ticket(s) and you wish to claim a refund or have
any other query, please contact us at
http://www.seetickets.com/CustomerService (Live chat available)
quoting 59121537.

*E-tickets or print at home tickets are not required to be returned.

Best regards,

See Tickets Customer Services

As you can see See tickets think the new dates are going ahead but as I dont own a printer and I refuse to mess about going to a library to print the email for a cancelled event so I replied back to say I’m confused to what is going on between Gareths management and Twilight Productions then emailed them a copy and paste of Gareths managements message and Twilights response and even sent them link to the statuses then they emailed me back with this.

Dear MISS MARIA

Thank you for contacting SEE Tickets regarding your order for 
GARETH GATES LIVE 2020 
at Holiday Inn Bolton, Bolton on 11/01/2020

At this stage, we have not had any confirmation from the relevant department 
to advise us that the event has been cancelled. 

As far as we are aware the event is scheduled to go ahead as planned. 

If the event were to be cancelled or significantly changed then, all 
affected customers would be contacted via email and advised accordingly. 

If you have recently seen an announcement via social media then, please 
allow some time for the event to communicate this back to us and if they do, 
we will contact you via email. 

If you have any query regarding your order, feel free to contact us at 
http://www.seetickets.com/CustomerService (Live chat available) 
quoting 

So as far as See are concerned the gigs are still going ahead because they haven’t heard from either to confirm the cancellation. I think I’m going to have to email Gareths management and ask them to inform See tickets.

28 minutes ago, eternal said:

Thanks for telling us this Maria. I think Gareth's management need to see this as we are all bring messed about. I will DM you the email address.

You’re welcome. Yes definitely being messed about, even more annoying the principal of the thing is it’s right on top of Christmas and some of us could probably do with the refund money if it ends up definitely not happening. If there is any more discussions between both parties to try and get the gigs to stay then someone needs to let us know they are trying.

1 hour ago, Barbara said:

It's this type of thing that puts me off booking these events now. 

If Pizza Express gets cancelled I’ll go spare, it’s one of the very few things my best friend can get to with me due to her autism and anxiety unable to stay away from home in hotels etc.

Just filled in the form to See Tickets and received this back within minutes.

ValR

We regret to inform you that GARETH GATES 2020
at Winsford Academy, Winsford on 10/01/2020
is cancelled and will not be rescheduled.

A face value refund will be credited to the card used to make the booking or
your Paypal account respectively and tickets are not required to be returned.
Please allow 3 - 5 working days for this refund to clear.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused and if you have any
further query, feel free to
contact us at http://www.seetickets.com/CustomerService (Live chat available)
quoting order reference 59173240.