Gareth and Footloose the Musical 2021

eternal

Gareth is set to star in Footloose the Musical tour from April 2020.😀😀

Whatsonstage

Footloose will embark on a new tour starring Gareth Gates as Willard, it has been announced.

The tour will commence in Wimbledon on 24 April 2020, before visiting Birmingham, Barnstaple, Sunderland, Llandudno, Aberdeen, Brighton, Milton Keynes, Peterborough, Malvern, Blackpool, Edinburgh and Glasgow, with further venues to be announced. Tickets for the tour are on sale now.

Based on the 1980s film of the same name about a city where dancing and rock music are banned, the musical is directed by Racky Plews, with choreography from Matt Cole, musical supervision by Mark Crossland and design by Sara Perk. It features numbers including "Holding Out for a Hero", "Almost Paradise" and "Footloose". Further casting is to be announced.

Gates, who previously appeared in the show in 2017, said: "I'm thrilled to be back playing the role of Willard in the 2020 UK tour of Footloose. I had so much fun the first time around that I jumped at the chance to play such an exciting role again. I was born in 1984, the year Footloose the movie was first released; I used to watch the movie lots as a kid not knowing some years later I'd be playing the ‘cowboy that can't dance' on stages up and down the country. I'm a terrible dancer, so it's pretty much life imitating art!"

BOOK TICKETS HERE  🕺🕺

* Please note Gareth will not be performing on:

24th and 25th March  Cancelled due to Coronavirus

6th April  Cancelled due to Coronavirus

5th - 9th May Cancelled due to Coronavirus

13th - 17th May  Cancelled due to Coronavirus

6th - 12th June  Cancelled due to Coronavirus

10th - 15th August.  Cancelled due to Coronavirus

New dates confirmed for 2021😀👏

FOOTLOOSE UK TOUR 2021

This tour information is the latest update as of 3 June 2020

11 – 16 January 2021
MILTON KEYNES Theatre
BOOK TICKETS

1 – 6 March 2021
Blackpool Opera House
BOOK TICKETS

8 – 13 March 2021
New WIMBLEDON Theatre
BOOK TICKETS

15 – 20 March 2021
Regent Theatre, STOKE ON TRENT
BOOK TICKETS

19 – 24 April 2021
King’s Theatre, GLASGOW
BOOK TICKETS

26 April – 1 May 2021
Opera House MANCHESTER
BOOK TICKETS

17 – 22 May 2021
Malvern Theatre Worchester
BOOK TICKETS

20 – 24 July 2021
EDINBURGH Playhouse
BOOK TICKETS

More dates to follow

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 months later...
On 2/20/2020 at 12:01 AM, lindajan said:

Some extra dates have been added to the Footloose tour (Gareth is not doing some of them). Most dates are here:

Footloose Musical website

However I've also received an email about the show being in Bradford from Monday, 2nd - Saturday, 6th September starring Gareth, so he'll be appearing in his home town again.

Thanks Linda

Great news for everyone.

The whole cast have now been announced including Darren Day who will play Rev. Moore.

Looks like a great team😀 

Gareth is supposed to be leaving the show on 26th September, disappointed he won’t be performing when the show comes to Manchester in October.

2️⃣0️⃣2️⃣0️⃣ VENUES
Here’s where we are heading on tour this year...
🎟 footloose-musical.co.uk
#EverybodyCutLoose

New Wimbledon Theatre
The Alexandra Birmingham
Derby Theatre
Queens Theatre Barnstaple
Sunderland Empire
His Majesty's Theatre, Aberdeen
Theatre Royal Brighton
Milton Keynes Theatre
Peterborough New Theatre
Malvern Theatres
Winter Gardens Blackpool  Now March 2021
Edinburgh Playhouse
Glasgow Kings
Theatre Royal Plymouth
Bournemouth Pavilion
New Theatre Oxford
Alhambra Theatre, Bradford
Doncaster Cast
Everyman Cheltenham
Opera House Manchester
Embassy Theatre Skegness
Wales Millennium Centre
New Victoria Theatre, Woking
Stoke Regent's Theatre

Please note Gareth Gates will perform on the tour until 26th September but will not be performing on 29th – 6th April / 5th – 9th May / 13th – 17th May / 6th – 12th June / 10th – 15th August.

We can’t guarantee the appearance of any artist as this is always subject to illness and holidays.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh wow. Didn't expect this tonight. Thanks for posting it.

Gareth does look like the young 17 year old he is supposed to be (well nearly).

Doesn't Daren Day look old? (Then he is supposed to).

Who is playing Ren?  Luke Baker was a fab Ren in the last production. This guy has a lot to live up to.

• 4 weeks later...

I could be wrong, but I can’t see any of these Footloose performances going ahead. I would love to see Gareth in Footloose again for the 4th time, but just can’t see it happening. I for one will not want to sit in an auditorium for the rest of this year!  This pandemic has scared the life out of me. Luckily we are retired now and can isolate ourselves, but we worry so much for our daughter and son and our little grandchildren who don’t live near us.

Keep safe everyone. xx

I think there are so many productions that have been pulled and won't be returning after this Coronavirus is all over or at least till some sort of reality returns, that it is good there are still plans to go ahead with Footloose. However I wonder how theatres will cope because I think we are all going to have to practice social distancing for a long time to come. Perhaps leave a seat or two in between each person and every other row empty. Just not sure how it can work. Am hoping some solution will be found.

• eternal changed the title to Gareth and Footloose the Musical 2021