Pizza Express Live Birmingham & Maidstone Kent.

eternal

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes GarethsMelody it was a brilliant night. It was Gareth at his very best, in fact the best I have seen him. 

The gig just flowed. Each song ran into the next song and the relationship of Gareth with Pete and ultimately with the audience too was fantastic. Gareth's voice was the best

I have heard it. 

I'm afraid I sat there and enjoyed every minute of it relying on others to take photos and recordings. (Hopefully we will see them soon).

I just remembered a couple of the songs: Faith a George Micheal song (Gareth sounds like George) and Perfect by Ed Sheeran.

A couple of the songs were so very touching and Gareth is amazing how after all he has been through, he manages to still show such emotion when singing them.

3 hours ago, garethsmelody said:

Thank you to all the ladies I spent the evening with.

Thanks from me too.

We heard the very sad news of Caroline Flack's passing this weekend and it was so good to be with people who we could talk about this news with. We were all able to agree that whilst Gareth has endured some nasty press and currently enduring some very cruel moments by others, he is lucky to have such a supportive family (his dad was in the background at Birmingham too) and so many long standing friends, who must have helped him through a rough time recently. Sharing Gareth chat with others is such a huge bonus. Can't endorse it enough.

Glad to say Gareth was looking radiant once more and really happy. He had a ball and so did we.

Thanks to you both and Dorral for such a fantastic afternoon, evening and breakfast today. We had an amazing evening, Gareth was perfect and a lovely audience and  venue. I loved every minute of it, even the horrendous weather didn't spoil it for us! Thanks to you all for the very funny stories back in the hotel, haven't laughed so much for a long time! 🤣😂

This time last week we were putting our best frocks on getting ready for the lovely evening ahead.😁

On 2/16/2020 at 10:55 PM, eternal said:

I'm afraid I sat there and enjoyed every minute of it relying on others to take photos and recordings. (Hopefully we will see them soon).

This sounds awful. I am hopeless with taking photos recordings etc. There were some taken but think our singing along spoilt them🙁.

For any on Instagram, Maria has put some lovely recordings on there Maria's instagram

Recalling a couple of things which happened on the evening. Gareth asked anyone to get up to sing with him. Two girls got up at the same time so he said" come on lets have a contest". He likened it to Pop Idol. Both sang lovely and we had to cheer whoever we thought did best. One girl had far more cheer because it seemed she was with a bigger crowd of people. Gareth held one of each girls' arms in the air declaring 'We have a Winner'.......... It's a Draw!! Always the ultimate diplomat.

As we waited in the foyer at the end of the evening for one of our party, Pete came down seeing some friends out. He was lovely with us and talked of what a busy night him and Gareth had ahead of them as they had to drop friends home in Birmingham, drive cars to respective airports as seems they were flying out to  the Carribbean from one airport but returning to another and then book into their hotel. Wow it was exhausting just to think about it

Great memories though of a lovely night.

Thanks EternaI was thinking about last week as well, at 5.30pm I said to my husband this time last week we were having a drink in  the bar at the hotel, didn't know then that it would be such an amazing evening! Pete was so lovely, taking time to talk to us when they had all that driving to do and then an early morning flight as well!! 🤗

Thanks for the recordings Maria, much better than mine! 👍

• 2 weeks later...