Jane McDonald and Friends

KGates

It was superb seeing Gareth on 'Jane & Friends' last night. I loved that his duet with Jane was something I'd never heard Gareth sing before (in fact something I ddn't know at all). He sounded fantastic and his voice went well with Jane's. I've rewatched his performances several times this morning and became quite emotional when thinking tthat this is what he should be doing more often. 'One Day More' was a fitting finale for a programme celebrating musicals and again showcased Gareth's beautiful voice.

As I didn't recognise the duet, I had to do a bit of detective work this morning. I quite quickly found the song that Gareth started with - 'You Will Be Found' from 'Dear Evan Hansen' but then realised that this doesn't include all the lyrics they were singing. More searching led to 'The Story Of Tonight' from 'Hamilton' which is what Jane began with. These are two musicals that Gareth was very impressed with when they first came out. The duet was therefore a clever rearrangement of the two songs.

Good to see some lovely comments online too.

Love xx

On 11/15/2020 at 1:18 PM, lindajan said:

As I didn't recognise the duet, I had to do a bit of detective work this morning. I quite quickly found the song that Gareth started with - 'You Will Be Found' from 'Dear Evan Hansen' but then realised that this doesn't include all the lyrics they were singing. More searching led to 'The Story Of Tonight' from 'Hamilton' which is what Jane began with. These are two musicals that Gareth was very impressed with when they first came out. The duet was therefore a clever rearrangement of the two songs.

Thanks for the detective work.

How clever it was a mashup of the 2 songs from those musicals. It worked very well and suited both voices.

Let's hope Jane asks Gareth to join her for one night on her tour next year.