Pizza Express Live Birmingham & Holborn September 2021

eternal

So exciting to hear 😃 Thanks Chris for posting. I know they’re selling at half capacity because of covid for social distancing but I don’t know if that’s just until 19th July or for all their shows because of the uncertainty. I do think the Gareth ones are only selling half because there’s no guarantee when restrictions can be lifted. If the 19th July can happen they’ll probably start selling the other half.

I know vip says to watch 2 songs in rehearsals and premium seating with no mention of meet and greet so think they are still social distancing.

Myself, Sarahjane and Hayley will be going all being well.

• 2 months later...

Had such a fab night last night. 

Gareth was on form ( when is he never)?! His voice was amazing as was his piano playing. He was accompanied on stage by Simon. Not sure we have seen him before? He was an amazing guitarist (but Pete you were missed)!

Was lovely to be in such, what felt very safe venue  and to see many old faces who had made it back to see Gareth.

Unfortunately I didn't take any photos/videos but a very kind lady called Sharon has shared her amazing ones.

The set list for the night I will try and put up later ( once again Sharon came to the rescue).

Thanks Gareths Melody for your company ( it was a very big night for you). It was just so nice to be back having fun watching Gareth sing. Ladies who usually join us. You were missed! Perhaps next time?

IMG-20210917-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20210917-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20210917-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20210917-WA0001.jpg

Dorral I think that is possibly the same Simon, without a beard perhaps? Looks like the same suit🥼

I know people like to know the songs that Gareth sang. Well this was our attempt at trying to remember both during the break and at the end of the gig. (We struggled even remembering the first song)!

Apologies for the scribble on a serviette

20210917_231302.jpg

Thanks for your reports of the show and for the set list - it's very hard to remember all the songs Gareth sang and especially the order, so well done spotting Gareth's list on stage and taking pics. (I assume you weren't brave enough to take the actual pieces of paper 🤷🏼‍♀️) Would have particularly liked to have heard 'Bad Habits' in full, but actually hearing and seeing him live after all this time (whatever he sang) would have been amazing.

Very pleased you had a good night but I expected nothing less.

Edits to say the photos are great (I love seeing Gareth playing the piano, he seems to caress the keys) - thanks for them too.

I wasn't brave enough to take the set list that Gareth had left because I didn't see it! Gareth was kind enough to sign it so must have realised he left it.

Just remembered a special moment of the evening was when a fan called Rachel went on stage to sing with Gareth she threw her arms round him and said " Gareth I've missed you" to which Gareth replied " I have missed you too". It was so very special.