Foolish "duet" with Tyler James

Snowdrop

Thanks Snowdrop!

I think gareth sounds better singing it that tyler, it's good to listen to it mixed!

Hopefully a lot of people will listen to it on the net.

Luv Cassie xxx :D:D

Gareth is just amazing and sounds awesome always I think it would be hard to redo any of his singles no one can compare you know...So I think this guy just had a hard act to folow and if maybe gareth didnt make it sooo great before I would like him singing ..if that makes sense

I heard it the other day. Gareth's bits are the best (obv), but if you can get over the shock of someone else singing some of it, it's alright. I've noticed a lot of people are really shocked that Gareth sung it first, or that he and Tyler might sing the same song at all. People are so narrow minded, and if this gives them a shock, good!

Apparently this has been doing the rounds on the internet for the last week or so.  It's a bit strange, and I know who I :wub: the best, but it's worth a listen.

Right Click here to download.

i love gareths voice on foolish cant believe Tylers brought it was sorry he cant sing but still lovin gareths version :D:D love lisa maria xxxx

• 2 weeks later...
Apparently this has been doing the rounds on the internet for the last week or so.  It's a bit strange, and I know who I :wub: the best, but it's worth a listen.

Right Click here to download.

I know I'm well out of date with this post but I had to comment.

I found this a fascinating listen. I quite like the different instrumentation. It makes the song sound more up to date and trendy. Tyler Jame's voice sounds strained and weird.

I think the contrast between his and Gareth's voice shows off the quality and smoothness of Gareth's vocals. My 11 year old son just had a listen, and at first said he preferred Tyler Jame's voice but then when Gareth came on he suddenly said

'No' Gareth is much better.......more....rhythmical.....'

I thought that was pretty spot on actually. It's all together more together! Any comparison can't fail to, at the very least, get Gareth noticed.

Thanks a lot Snowdrop.

I wish I was a bit more computer literate. What does it mean 'click here to download'? Should I be able to hear the song? My pc just goes white and leaves me hanging there for ages. Anyway, I've heard the TJ version twice now and I still prefer the little fella's version. Johnnie Walker played it one morning (the TJ version, that is) on Radio 2 (he was standing in for Terry Wogan) and I e-mailed him and asked him to play Gareth's. I don't know if he did - he only had one day left before the Togmeister returned and I only hear about 45mins of that prog before I have to leave for work. Did anybody hear it?

Ivy

Hi Ivy,

On your mouse, use the right button to click on were it says ( Right click to download).

Then a list will come up. left click with your mouse on - save to target.

Then you should get a big box appear. Click the save button in the bottom right hand side. Take note were it says -save as- at the top of the box. It should say my documents. This is were you will be able to find it once it's been saved.

Then you wait for it to download. There will be a box telling you when it's downloading and when it's finished.

I do hope this helps and you can understand it. It does take time to get to know how these things work.

If you are still having a problem, let us know.

Well, you live n' learn, don't you? Thanks Hazzy and Khelda for the info. I managed to successfully download this onto my desktop (it took 15 minutes - is that normal?). It's certainly an interesting mix - I wonder who's idea that was? I still prefer the little fella's version - but the two together were better than Tyler James on his own. Thanks again for the help - I know what to do next time!

Ivy

Hi Everyone,

Haven't been able to come on these boards for a while, so have only just found this thread.

I've just downloaded the "duet" and it makes interesting listening. I have always loved Gareth's version of Foolish, it's one of my fovourite tracks from GYOW, so I must congratulate Tyler James on co-writing such a brilliant song. However his recorded version is not a patch on Gareth's and this download really emphasises the superiority of Gareth's voice.

Also, having seen Gareth's live version on his GYOW tour last year and Tyler's video, Gareth wins hands down when it comes to dancing. This was the first track that Gareth danced to and it was fantastic! It was obvious that Gareth was pretty chuffed with himself too and that he was doing something that his critics thought he couldn't do.

Have just checked where Tyler is in the singles charts (No. 16) - I'm sure Gareth would have done much better.

Looking forward to Gareth's next release.

Love Linda