Tour memories. Wembley

Floz

What follows is a series of personal accounts and newspaper reports, originally posted on GG............

From Sugar

OFFICIAL WEMBLEY *LAST NIGHT REPORT*

03/07/04

OMG I'm still in shock.

We got there (after such bad traffic) and got into the arena. Natalie, my friend off here, and I decided to see if we could get front row and luckily for us there were quite a few seats at the front so we took two next to each other.

All the way through Skyn Deep (which I thought were rubbish) we were sitting there and no one had come yet, we thought we were in luck!

About 8.20 no one had turned up yet and before we knew it, Gareth was on stage!

He started off singing UM and the first people he waved at were Natalie and I. OMG I was on cloud nine

Then he sang Foolish, abslolutely amazing. After a few more songs, I got another wave!

Gareth then had a chat with us and bless him about Skippy and the kissing (MY GOD, I went WILD!

Then he says 'Right, who wants to sing Suspisious Minds then?'

Next thing I know, he's in the crowd walking towards me and Natalie, he passed the microphone to Natalie to sing into and I leant over, grabbed his hand and sang too. He had trouble releasing his hand from my grip after LOL!

I couldn't believe it! I started crying and before I knew it, he said it was the last few songs - I cried all the way through SIIS and SITS. Gareth looked over at me and saw me crying and I hid my face, lol.

Oh and also my mum waved to Nicki Chapman who was sitting with Suzanne and another man.

So, what a NIGHT!

Also, lovely meeting you LAUREN, Debz Gates, Roz, Chantelle, Helen and Ami xxxxxxxx mwah xxx

From BlondeElaine on GG

My Wembley report.

I saw Gareth last night and to describe it in one word would be FABULOUS.

There were no fancy stage props or gimmicks just pure Gareth at his best. His singing was beautifull as usual but nothing prepared me for his dancing in perfect rhythm with his Dancers (think Suzanne must have been giving him lessons), also his speech was great, he had the whole of Wembley hanging on to every fluent word that came out of his mouth. You couldn't shut him up, he was so natural and confident and I felt so proud of him. Even poking fun at himself describing the different stages he went through with his stammer, to finally getting where he is now. He was so funny doing his skippy impressions. He said his biggest acheivement was his speech and being able to speak to us tonight and who would have believed it 2 years ago.

He had no hint of nerves and at 19 what an acheivement. I wonder does this make him the youngest star ever to crack Wembley on a solo Tour? If so he may go down in the Guiness Book Of Records. I allmost forgot to mention his other talents, Fabulous electric guitar playing, piano keyboard and also the drums, talk about multi talented.

The audience consisted of all ages, young, old, male, female and families. He sang his hits interacted with the audience and who was the lucky girl he got up on stage and gave a cuddle to?

He surely didn't dissapoint and if any of his critics saw the show, they will surely have to eat their words. A truly professional show from a truly professional performer, he has certainly proved his worth.

My friend who by the way is a Will fan, thanked me for inviting her along and when I asked if it was what she had exspected. She said no, he had surprised her and it was much better than she had exspected. I think I may have converted her, as she never stopped talking about it on the way home.

Elaine

From FrankieC on GG

Saturday 6th March 2004 was a red letter day for me One of the best days of my long life.

It started at 3.00pm when my son Gary and I left Thames Ditton,Surrey to meet lots of lovely people from Gareth's website at the Ibis Hotel Wembley many of whom I had met at the PITP in Bingley last year.

After saying hello to you all,Gary and I dashed off so I could buy souvenirs before the show started as I was anxious they all be gone if I wated until later.Amongst other things I bought a wand for my lovely 7 yearold grandaughter which she has taken to bed with her.

Next we bought some food and went to our seats to wait for the concert to start.

The girls who opened the show were quite good but now to the important part, Gorgeous Gareth.The "piece de resistance" the boy I had been waiting for all week.

He was even more brilliant than I had expected him to be and that's saying a lot because I always expect so much from him.

I can say right now Gareth is the most important,talented artist/star/siger/musician in popular music this country has and is a great ambassador for us in Asia,europe,South Africa and many other countries you would like to mention.

Gareth's speech is now clear and confident.It was inspiring to hear him talk to us and funny is to put it mildly.He was hilarious at times.

His singing was out of this world and his acoustic tracks carried me away. How brilliantly he played the guitar and keyboards and then came his mind boggling stint on the drums.[i knew he could play drums but not as great as that].It was terrific to see him playing alongside the band's drummer. Gareth has to be an exceptional drummer to be able to do it.

He played rock guitar to the rock song he has written ie "Enough of Me" and Gary sitting beside me said,"That is a great song brilliantly sung and what great guitar playing".He also said that "Given space and time to develope his own style in music Gareth will have a long career".

There wasn't a moment without Gareth being in complete control of his stage.His movement around it was terrific and talk about dancing!"Wow!!Can that man move? his dancing was sexy, supple and confident.

Didn't he just know how to play his audience? He held us in the palm of his hand. Not many artists can do that.

There are so many things to talk about.If I named them all I would have to write a book about them. I was completely engrossed and carried away by Gareth's artistry and beautiful performances of his many different great songs. He is a complete entertainer but sadly it was over all too quickly for me.

If my very grownup son hadn't taken me all the way across London I wouldn't have been able to see Gareth so Gary made me a happy mum.

I hope my "piece" is of interest to one and all and helps to fill a little space in the experiences we have shared together.

Love Frankie

SPECIAL REPORT FROM AN AMERICAN FAN: Sorena on GG

Well, I'd been avoiding reading the spoilers for the tour so I would be completely shocked by it all. So all I knew was that UM was the first song and he had lots of costume changes.

Saturday 6 March

I arrived into the UK this morning and I headed for London. xxxLaurenxxx was going to be staying with me. Jon (Allnatural 18) , Leroy and Lauren met me at the Victoria station. At about 4:45pm, Lauren and I left to meet the gang at the Ibis Hotel. I had on a black sequin one shoulder top and beige pants. A little dressed up but it was worth it. Orginally Khelda (Inge) had given me a spare ticket she had for Wembley. She was my angel and still is. So I was looking at A3 row 6 for Gareth. Then one of the members of the boards, I forget her name right now but will insert it later, met with us and gave Lauren some spare tickets. I had moved from row 6 to row 4. I was already bouncing off the wall to be looking at row 6, row 4 was going to blow my mind. Lauren and I headed over to the Ibis and that's where I met a lot of people including Rachel (R4RLJ), Jhoy (chinkeyeyes), Inge (Khelda), Shivers, Sharon, Sharons' mum, Pepper, and many others. We were running very late and so we all rushed over to Wembley.

Gareth_Wembley_3.jpg

So we got there and I was waiting to go in and I met babygates (I love you so much babygates) and Sophie, and so many more people that I forget. So we left to take our seats and when I walked onto the floor I was already jumping and smiling like an idiot. When we were walking forward to our seats my mouth dropped. I thought the block that was in front of me was the back of A but it was the back of the B block so I started naturally freaking out as we kept getting closer and closer. I thought I was going to die when we got to our seats. Then without knowing, Lottie turned around and I gave her a huge hug. I had wanted to meet her for ages and I finally did. I say Hay and Jules and went to give them some spare row 9 tickets I had.

Well Lauren came to me and she told me to come and sit down. I was a little fuzzy on the details and why exactly I was sitting where I was but one way or another, I ended up with a front row seat in A2 row 1 seat 19. I was beyond shocked and happy and just ready to bounce around. It was time. Gareth was about to come out. The concert was starting.

I saw Gareth take a few steps toward the crowd and he started coming forward. I just sat there, going picture happy. He looked amazing and then he came down the stairs. When he came over to my side I dont know what had happened to me. I was so full of happiness and joy for the whole night that tears started to fill my eyes. I couldn't take it. I didn't know what I had done to ever... (tearing up now thinking about it) deserved such luck to not only see Gareth in person but to be there in the front row. I was just so overwhelmed, I guess that's the right word. He was so gorgeous in the flesh and he had the voice of an angel. I turned back and looked at Lauren and Sharon in the 4th row. I waved my banner proudly which read "ALL THE WAY FROM THE USA". I'm sure he saw it. I don't have to go through the songlist as you already know all about it. It was just absolutely fantastic. I was amazed not only by the dancing and the songs but by the costumes and his speech.

Gareth_Wembley_2.jpg

The dancing was just amazing. So energetic and fun and I wanted to be up there dancing with him. During "Sunshine" he put this little twist on the words and it drove me mad. It was so amazing I was singing along and cracking up and laughing and taking pictures and mini video clips of him throughout the show.

The speech. OMG, the speech. I can't even give it enough justice. He had me in stitches over the Kangraoo bit and thie kissing part. Oh it was so adorable. I was laughing and enjoying it. His speech was amazing. For seeing him speak live for the first time then, I would have never thought he had a stammer if i hadn't know he did before hand. It was amazing. He spoke so clearly and so cute (I have a thing for English accents... What can I say? I'm one of those American women who fall for that. People who've seen Love Actually know what i'm talking about. Speech was amazing. I was so proud of him.

Gareth was hilarious. When Sharon threw the pizza box, I made sure to get it all on video tape. It was so adorable. Gaz laughed and had a fun time with that. Gareth later came down onto the ground floor during one of the songs, I forgot which one it was at the moment and he came over to A2, he was so close to me. The girl singing was 5 seats away from me. I was 3 feet away from Gareth. I was screaming and I couldn't belive it. I wish I could have sung into the mic but it wasn't meant to me. So then he ran right past me and down to A4. That was amazing. He jumped back on stage and I just didnt' know what to do. I was still in shock that he came down.

Later on, Gareth pulled the girl onstage to sing with him. He then made the comment that "I heard I have some German fans here tonight" and I was like "oh no.. he didn't mention Germans" so I started screaming at him "USA! USA! U S A!" and bless him he coudln't hear me and he goes "wot?" and I continue screaming "USA! USA!" and he says "wot?" again and it hit me that he couldnt' understand me, I was either saying it too fast and he couldnt' understand so I started screaming "AMERICA! AMERICA!" So then he finally takes out his earpiece and goes "what?" and I scream again "AMERICA!" and Gareth is looking at me and he says "America? I have fans in America... ROCK ON!" During the whole thing, I had my hands flayling in the air screaming and pointing at me and all the girls next to me were pointing at me too. And after the rock on i just raised my hands and screamed as loud as i could. I immediately turned around to face lauren and i yelled "yes!" That clearly was amazing. All I had ever wanted was for Gareth to know that I existed and that I had come from America and he has a very loyal fan here. That moment I had finally accomplished what I wanted. "Rock on" will forever live in my heart. I will never be able to hear those two words again without thinking of Gareth at Wembley and his America comment. So finally Gareth saw me. I felt like I could die right then and my life would have been complete.

Gareth_Wembley_1.jpg

So Gareth continued the concert and I was just still on a high from "rock on" and nothing was going to bring me from the sky. My head was there and I wasn't comind down for a while. So after the concert, Lauren and I rushed to try and see Gareth leave but he never did. We waited till almost midnight and he'd not come out yet. It was insane. But I met up with Lottie again and we took pictures and then I took pictures with a lot of othe people and then made my way back to the hotel.

Wembley was the best night. Most acts dont go two hours but Gareth did and it was amazing. 2 full hours of non stop Gareth, I even manged to catch glimpses of him when he was changing and backstage behind the sets. I was so happy to have just seen him. I would have loved to have met him but I feel blessed to have just had what I had. Everyone, including my mom, could sense the happiness in my heart. It spread throught my eyes, mouth and my heart and in my voice.

To see Gareth was amazing in itself but the fact that I was able to share my first Gareth expirence with so many of my close Gareth friends, some of them family in my heart, meant more to me. It was the best night of my trip to London and it still stays with me. My mom was amazed by my photos which i hope to have up soon.

I want to thank everyone involved in getting me to Wembley including my uni, Lauren, Jhoy, Inge, Rachel, Hazel, Jon, and a very special boardmember who gave Lauren the 4th row tickets. I owe you so many hugs and love from all of my heart.

It truely was the best night of my life, hands down. I'm tearing up again thinking about it and all of you. You are so amazing and I dont know what I would have ever done with out you all. To all my friends on the boards, you mean more then words could ever express my love and eternal gratituede that I have for you. I'm crying now thinking about all of you and how much you have enriched my life in so many ways. You been pillar of strength, hugs and love and truely some of the best people I have ever known.

So I firstly have to thank Gareth. Without him, I wouldn't be on these boards and I would not have met so many awesome people who mean so much to me. He's been inspiration to me and has helped me to accomplish things I never had before him. And to everyone i met and esp Lauren, Jhoy, Inge, babygates, Rachel, Hay, Jules and last but not least Lottie You are all the Sunshine of my life. I'm so happy I met you finally.

And to the people I didn't meet, I wish I could have met you, especially Blondelaine. I promise to meet you the next time I go to England even if I have to take a train or a bus or fly there. I promise you that.

I love you all and I thank you so much. I will never ever fully be able to thank you. And now, this novel is finished. I"m sorry its so long. There is still so much more I want to say but its already long enough.

One last message: Fran, Thank you for giving me the opportuinty to express just how i feel to the rest of the boards. Thank you *hugs*

With Lots of Love,

Maria xxxxxxxxx

A report from a German fan. PopidolGarethfan on GG

After loving Gareth's songs and watching the DVD "Live" so many times I had the great desire to attend his next tour at Wembley. Herewith I want to describe my way to this fantastic event. All concerts were described already so well here, much better as I can. Therefore, it will be another kind of report. I hope nobody is disappointed.

In October I bought my Wembley ticket, too late to get a front row seat. I intended to fly to London. Always I wanted to visit the UK and London, and now I had a very good reason more. But then I looked for a front row ticket still available at other venues, and I got it for Newcastle. Finally I decided to go by ferry from Amsterdam to Newcastle and then via Bradford to London. I booked the Ibis Wembley, but no accomodation in Newcastle. There are many hotels and no visitors, I thought. But Gareth was there and also many people because of the football match versus Norwegians. It tooks ages to get a bed - the last, and only with the help of the tourist information. The hotel was not the best, but very expensive. In other countries I would get Hilton or better for the same price. Fortunately there was no hot water in my room and therefore the price later halved. Before the concert I spent many hours strolling through the city. In Newcastle and later in Bradford all people, from the policemen to the salesmen and the car-drivers, were very friendly, patient and always ready to help.

The concert in the evening was my first pop event and so amazing, and I was so close to the stage. Gareth was brilliant! The arena wasn't sold out but I think there were more people as reported. And the screaming was tremendous! I was surprised and supposed twenty thousand Red Indians behind me. One moment was very funny: as the screaming climaxed, the curtain came down, and no Gareth but only some workers on the stage. We all had a laugh. I was also very impressed how lovely Gareth dealt with the young girl on the stage. I can understand that so many people say: That gorgeous boy is the son, son-in-law, grandson, brother, friend, or lover I wish I had. And with his charm, look and smile he's able to melt the biggest iceberg. His singing is amazing, but his speaking too. And saying "Thank you" on stage or in a dialogue he enchants entirely. Sometimes I think he's an angel sent by the Lord himself to enjoy all people who loves beautiful voices and noble characters. Sorry, I know he's only a human being but he's a very special and so precious for all of us.

From Waygoose

It was the first time I've had the opportunity to see Gareth performing live and boy !... am I glad I was able to go!!! The most brilliant evening, well worth travelling for!

Must go again whenever I can now!!

So pleased to meet all of you lovely peeps for the first time as well!

P.S. Husband thought it brilliant too!!How good is that?!!

Chris x

From Sophie *Gareth is my sunshine*

First of all we have to say:..........

ROCK ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND OMG WHAT A FANTASTIC NIGHT AT WEMBLEY.

Me, my mum Linda and my cousin Rosie just got back from Wembley Arena, cos we stood outside for ages waiting for Gareth to come out, but we never did.

Anyways first of all a SHOUT OUT TO EVERYONE who we met today and to the people who we met for the first time, especially Maria (Sorena), nice to meet you hun and Jonathan and your friend, sorry we didn't say hello to you properly but it was nice to see you anyways and Hello to you now LOL.

Anyways now on with the show, what a Fantastic Concert Tonight, the crowds were just fantastic, everyone was screaming, shouting, crying.

What a Fantastic Entertainer Gareth is, he is just pure talented not only has he got a voice of an angel, a Fantastic dancer, play the guitar, drums and piano but he can also do a magic trick LOL. He made a piece of pink cloth disappear. What a Talented Young Man that we are proud of so dearly.

Gareth done Spectacular Performances. And this time when Gareth sang Suspicious Minds he came of stage and came to us all in the audience, and made fans sing in the mic, he looked drop dead gorgeous. Every fan was going absolutely mad, and rushing to the front to see Gareth walking along the row.

We are ever so proud of Gareth, he keeps every fan happy, by blowing kisses, waving etc, what a sweetheart he is.

So what a Fantastic Concert to end a SPECTACULAR TOUR. Hopefully, fingers Crossed that Gareth will do another SPECTACULAR TOUR Next Year, (Which we are pretty sure he will do one.)

Thank you to everyone for a fantastic time tonight, it lovely meeting you all.

And a MASSIVE THANK YOU to the MAN HIMSELF MR GARETH PAUL GATES. Thank you Gareth for a SPECTACULAR TOUR and showing us and everyone else what you are made off, YOU ARE A SUPERSTAR BABE. LOVE YOU LOADS.