Tour memories Glasgow

Floz

What follows is a series of personal accounts and newspaper reports, originally posted on GG............

Daily Record THE RAZZ: GARETH GIVES THEM A NIGHT TO REMEMBER Mar 1 2004

LIVE REVIEW: GARETH GATES

With Beverley Lyons And Lee-Ann Fullerton

GARETH GATES proved he is a true pop idol with a stunning stage performance in Glasgow.

The 19-year-old star kicked off his UK tour on Saturday night at the SECC and wowed the packed-out auditorium as he belted out his string of chart-topping hits.

The teenage heart-throb's stammer was virtually non-existent as he laughed and joked with his fans a first for Gareth on tour.

He even teased the girls, asking if they would like to see him in a kilt, and phoned to order himself a pizza for after the show.

Gareth really got the crowd going when he launched into Grease classic Summer Loving and danced across tables. An energetic performance of Comic Relief tune Spirit In The Sky also had fans screaming with delight.

Gareth took the heat off the crowd a little with a rendition of his No.1 hit Unchained Melody, getting fans to sing the lines with him.

The sexy singer made one lucky girl's night when he whisked her on stage to duet with him on Anything Is Possible.

Cute Gareth thanked his fans for sticking by him and even started a round of applause for his Glaswegian speech coach, Michael Hay, who helped him overcome his nerves. Gareth proved his critics wrong with the high energy-charged performance and left his fans wanting more as he strutted off stage.

From Jess, about the meet and greet

What a day????

We travelled from Leeds to Glasgow. We had to change trains between Edinburgh and Glasgow so got on a connecting train. We were walking down the carriage when we saw Paul Gates, lol! He sed hiya so we went over and sat with him. We were on the train to him all the way to Glasgow. Gareth rung him up and was chatting about the tour. Paul sed "will u just do me a favour Gareth and speak to some1" *screams* He passed me the phone and i had a chat with Gareth and then passed the phone onto Amy. He was really excited about the tour and sounded exactly the same on the phone.

The meet and greet was fantastic We were taken into a room and lined up. They then bought Gareth into the room and sat him at a table at the end. 2 at a time every1 went up to Gareth. Michael (gareths speech coach) came straight over to us and sed "Hi, I know u, it's Jess and Amy, isnt it" Lol. We had a nice little chat with him. Before we got to the table Gareth looked up and saw us and sed hiya! When we went over to him he was really pleased to see us. He signed my thing and wrote my name without me telling him and then he wrote amy's names aswell. It was really funny coz Kelly was so impressed at him remembering our names because he's awful at that. She patted him on the back and sed "good boy" We chatted for a bit and then both had a pic with him. He kept on going on about how funny it was that were on the train with Paul. When i was just about to have a picture with him, he kinda shouted "Loyal fans" When we left he sed to me "I'll cu soon" and was like "I'm sure u will" and he winked, lol!

The concert was fantastic but i wont give anything away. We were front row in the middle which was fab. His performance was amazing and his speech was brillant! I can't put how good it was into words

From Jennyfer luvs Gaz

I had the best night of my life and it was made even more special by MEETING THE MAN HIMSELF when he arrived at the SECC for the meet and greets! He was soooooooooo lovely and friendly! He got off the tour bus and came straight over to where me and a few other girls were waiting. He was lovely. I told him I had come from Ireland and he said 'oh wow thank you' and squeezed my hand, we chatted for a few mins and I said good luck and I couldnt wait for the show!

I cant believe I actually spoke to him! I always thought if I met him I wouldnt be able to speak but I did!

His tour manager took a pic of us and it came out so well Im SOO happy!

Unfortuntely my Dad is really iffy about me posting it as he doesnt really want me posting pix of myself on the internet. Me and mum are gonna try get around him and hopefully I can post it soon!

Glasgow Feb 28 was the best of my life! I'll never forget it as long as I live!

And thank you Gareth for taking the time to come over as I know you were running late!

tour7.jpg

tour5.jpg

tour11.jpg