A GPG logo?

eternal

We have been wondering about getting a new logo for this site.

It may be nice to have some sort of photo/text/saying that would represent this site and also reflect both Gareth and his music.

There have been some great photos posted this week and am sure there are more to come but are there any people out there who would love to have a go at suggesting, prompting or designing this logo.

Any suggestions or thoughts could be put together?

I am hopeless at anything to do with photos (both posting or merging) so any suggestions at all would be greatly received.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not very good at coming up with ideas for this sort of thing either, but I think it would be great to have something.

It will need to incorporate the name of this site, and some kind of tag-line about what we do and what we are about, but nothing too fussy. Something nice and striking that might look good at the top of the page. :D

That would be great.

I agree, there isn't any "need" for a photo. We can use photos along-side a logo, but I would see a logo as a nice visually appealing, easy to recognise, graphical way of writing GPG, garethpaulegates.net and some other bumph about us.

The problem with photos is that they date quickly and it's hard to pick one that sums up everything we want to say without being too fussy.

Perhaps we ought to be thinking of something that would replace the big GPG at the top of this page, to sit next to whichever picture we favoured at that time?

By all means, if it's going to be helpful, create a logo to go with a specific photo if you think it works, or to use as an example, but it's not compulsory. :D

Guest GarethsHotChick

This probably sounds silly and wouldn't be possible, But what about if someone made the slip and we had a picture of Gareth holding it with the logo on so that it was official and that way Gareth could do a bit of modeling which he is BRILLIANT at.

I'm not sure how that would work, You could maybe ask someone to send it to him and ask Kelly (His PA) if it is possible a photographer could take a pic of him holding the logo. :D

Guest GarethsHotChick
Hi, i'm not too sure just what your looking for, but i've been having a bit of a fiddle and come up with this. I'm now trying to put the photo into one, i'll post it up once it's gets to look right lol.

logo.jpg

WOW thats ABSOLUTELY AMAZING Rachel, I LOVE all the stars on the letters. Thanks for sharing it with us. :D

The photos do add a certain something, but sadly we couldn't use any of the ones that are copyright to 19, such as the ones from the calendar. But fab to look at on here! :D

I love seeing how people work the photos into the text, and it gives us some great ideas for the future and how we could use a logo, but I do think that a logo itself should be photo-free. :D

R4RLJ (think I have got that right) I love your ideas and your Hazzy.

I think now I see the ideas with the photos I realise that the logo itself should give us all the information(still love that one particular photo though).

If you do think of any more ideas please post them because I think this is an exercise that really could benefit the site.

All those logos are great! :D

R4RLJ - Love the one with no writing! :)

If anybody has any ideas but not sure how to go about making something, i'd be happy to try and help :)

Is it at all possible(and have you the time) to show us a few more ideas so we can compare?

Is it possible to incorporate some music notes(treble clefs etc) around the GPG as opposed to stars?

Tis just an idea(not a very good one I know) but am pretty hopeless with advertising.

Thanks

Three cheers to R4RLJ and Hazzy who have worked so hard and used their imaginations to create such inspiring and beautiful logos. Real talent here. I love them all.

I think the only way to get around the copyright problem is to produce the loco as a drawing rather than as the actual photo. If someone has enough talent to draw Gareths lovely face than perhaps we can have our own copywright. However, unlike pictures, a photo free logo is timeless and in the long run may be much better. All good food for thought.