News of the gig

Floz

wasnt a big deal...knew I wouldnt remember otherwise....how are people getting 10 songs out of that though...he only sang 8 (he did two of them twice but there are only 8 songs)

or did I miss something?

There were 8 only, and yes, he did 2 twice.

I think he said he still has some songs that he hasn't performed, that's why he came out again for the encore.

But then he sang Changes and Pictures again because some fans wanted to listen to these two again.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There were 8 only, and yes, he did 2 twice.

I think he said he still has some songs that he hasn't performed, that's why he came out again for the encore.

But then he sang Changes and Pictures again because some fans wanted to listen to these two again.

Can't quite believe its happening after all this time we have all waited so long for it to happen. What wonderful news pictures and reports. I am here nursing a broken leg but still as happy as larry he is back. :D:D:D

Thankyou

To moliudamia for the superb pistures.Gareth looks a gorgeous handsome 'fella'.

To Khelda for the speed in sending your info'.

Janice thankyou for the lovely words.They sound as if they come from a love sonnet.

All the titles seem to be telling a story.

Thankyou so much to everyone who has brought us news of Gareth's great gig

And thankyou to Simon Fuller for making it happen.

Gareth was absolutely brilliant last night . He was full of confidence and speaking well , and as you can see from the pics he was looking good. Gareth's voice was amazing, very strong and rich, he sounded very different. I loved all the songs , which were all quite different , I hate albums where all the tracks sound the same.

Some of the songs had a heavy guitar sound , I think there were three guitars , I liked the sound very much. Angel Over My Shoulder made me cry . Wendy is very lucky to have a son like Gareth .

Just came back to read this whole thread again, now I've calmed down a bit.

Two very noticable things I didn't pick up on last night. Not only was Gareth ready to stand and sign autographs for about an hour, but he also was prepared to listen to what the fans were saying to him. Look at the concentration in this first photo.

Gig012.jpg

And here in this second one, its not the fan grabbing hold of Gareth's hand its Gareth holding hers.

Gig010.jpg

That's what we all mean when we say he really cares for his fans. We are so lucky to be supporting a pop star such as Gareth :wub:

Edit: Thanks Heather for your report. I'm so pleased you enjoyed yourself last night :heart:

Guest GarethsHotChick
Ok quickly as I have to get to sleep I have exams soon

I will put the pictures up tomorrow but here is the official set list as I took it off the stage as well as a water bottle :blush:

Afterglow

Pictures

Changes

Angel on My Shoulder

New kid in town (only track not written by Gareth)

Lost in YOu

Can't believe its over

19 Minutes

Really really unbelieveable show. New music is exciting and I think most will like it. I cant find a way to explain it but its good. Easy listening rock pop with meaning.....(figure that one out) hehe

will post more pictures later but for now

P1010007.jpg

P1010008.jpg

P1010010.jpg

::faints::

Thank You SO much for posting your pictures and the setlist for us Walkatir, It sounds like you had a GREAT night at the gig lastnight. I am SO pleased for you that you've finally met Gareth. I bet it made your night even better meeting him, The songs sound FANTASTIC from what I've heard about them.

Let's hope it's not too long until Gareth is back, I CAN'T WAIT to hear his new material. :D

thanks Heather for your report...

nice to know that you had a wonderful time.

wendy is really lucky to have gareth as a son :smile:

Thank you all for your reports on last night. It makes us all feel part of it, everything seems to be coming together now, It's made the long wait all worth while. Gillxx : :smile:

Thankyou Heather for your lovely report.

So happy to know that Gareth was very confident.

It will carry him through his interviews in future.

Guest NicolaJayne

:D :angel: :angel:

Just came back to read this whole thread again, now I've calmed down a bit.

Two very noticable things I didn't pick up on last night. Not only was Gareth ready to stand and sign autographs for about an hour, but he also was prepared to listen to what the fans were saying to him. Look at the concentration in this first photo.

And here in this second one, its not the fan grabbing hold of Gareth's hand its Gareth holding hers.

That's what we all mean when we say he really cares for his fans. We are so lucky to be supporting a pop star such as Gareth :wub:

Edit: Thanks Heather for your report. I'm so pleased you enjoyed yourself last night :heart:

Having met Gareth twice, I would say this is Gareth, he allways has time for his fans and makes every one of them feel special, he even missed the second half of the football match at the Banquet to make sure he had time for everyone in the room. Even asking how to spell your name to make sure he gets it right. Gareth is a true star. When we saw him at the house he stood outside for about an hour even though he was on crutches with an injured ankle and suffering from the heat, it was a very hot day and he had a black long sleeved top on. But never complained once. :angel:

Guest GarethsHotChick

This is just SO AMAZING that we have people on the boards who are willing to share everything with us that Gareth has said and done and the songs he performed. I :wub: him a LOT more than I did before and those feelings will never go away for as long as I live, Gareth means SO much to us all and he is just FANTASTIC for being himself and making sure the fans don't miss out on anything.

We weren't actually there but that doesn't matter one bit because we have so many people as I said to tell us what happened, Seeing and hearing him make so many dreams come true makes you realise why you believe in him the way we do.

I'm sure that we will all get our dream come true one day and meet him, I can't wait for that day to come. When it does it will be BRILLIANT and probably the most wonderful and amazing day ever.

Here's to an EXCITING, VERY happy and Gareth filled 2007, Gareth we all love you SO MUCH and are proud of you more than you'll ever know. I just feel all emotional reading these reports and looking at the pictures.

Bring on more exciting and happy times. :D :frantics:

I am back home now, and firstly I want to thank Moliudaima again for giving me her second ticket, and I want to thank Walketier for guiding me through the London tubes, lol Thank you both. :heart:

It was brilliant, absolutely brilliant. It was a small venue, a bar at one side and the stage at the other.

Gareth was with a great live band consisting of a drummer, a keyboard player and 2 guitar players who were also doing backing vocals.

The first thing Gareth said when he come on stage was to thank his fans for sticking by him all this time.

He chatted a lot and was as always very funny and lovely.

I did indeed have tears in my eyes when he sang the song dedicated to his mum, Angel on my shoulder.

All the songs are having a real grown up sound, and even though most of them are rocky, they all have a great melody to them. Gareth vocals were amazing and the songs really suited his voice.

The instrumentation on those songs really impressed me too. I love hearing instruments by themselves until the voice sets in. (lol not sure if I explained myself correctly here :D ).

Gareth performance was awesome to say the least, he sang with such passion and emotion, I so want the album now to hear it all again, lol :D

And afterwards when he come to meet us all, he was his usual charming self, given everyone who wanted the pics and autographs they wished.

By the way I did not talk to the ITV crew, but to Cheryl who is in charge of Gareth from 19. She is the lady in red in a few of the photos.

Thank you Khelda, for your report in the calm light of day. But thank you also for giving it to us so quickly last night and also for your telephone call. Felt so much better after I'd spoken to you.

I'm really looking forward to the album even more than before now. The music sounds fantastic. But really we weren't expecting any other were we.

Well done you, for remembering everything so well and giving such a detailed report when you must have been in turmoil inside :D

Looking forward to seeing your pictures now.