New single is Changes, released in April

Snowdrop

:frantics: :frantics: :frantics: :frantics:

Probably the most important thing from the webchat was that Changes will be the new single and it is out (sometime) in April!!!

It was played on the documentary, and there are clips on www.sugarboxgirl.com and Ralla did a mini-video with one clip too! :heart:

*Direct link here*

So what do you all think?

And what do you think the video will be like? :hyper:

This song means so much to Gareth :wub: as he told us, and its a very emotional song, and he sang with with huge passion on the gig. I love it, and I do hope he will promote it whilst playing the piano or keyboards. I think its a good choice as first single, and hopefully he will chose his brilliant up beat song Pictures as second single, to really show everyone that he also loves singing up beat songs. :smile:

I cant wait for the promotion to start. And to think it wont be long until we see Gareth new video on the music channels. :hyper:

But to be honset I haven't a clue how the video might look for this song. :unsure:

I think he's made the right choice with Changes. Gareth always puts all his emotions into his singing, but on this one its even more noticeable. And the lyrics obviously mean so much to him.

Haven't got a clue what the video will be like though. I'm never very good at guessing that sort of thing :whistle:

Guest GarethsHotChick

I am REALLY happy Gareth is releasing Changes, I think it's a good thing because he always seems to put more effort into songs that have a special meaning or important to him. I also think it needs to be a powerful song that will get everyone saying wow and get a great reaction, I have no idea what the video will be like.

I would imagine it will have epic scenes and something that reflects what it's actually about if that makes sense, So maybe Gareth will be walking about reflecting on things that have happened in his past in some way. :D

:frantics: :frantics: :frantics: :frantics:

Probably the most important thing from the webchat was that Changes will be the new single and it is out (sometime) in April!!!

It was played on the documentary, and there are clips on www.sugarboxgirl.com and Ralla did a mini-video with one clip too! :heart:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkjGnQ3g8LM"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkjGnQ3g8LM"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkjGnQ3g8LM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

*Direct link here*

So what do you all think?

And what do you think the video will be like? :hyper:

Hello all.

i love gareth gates so much. all of he's songs are great and sweet and i'm sure this will be succesfull to.

i dont know how the video might be but cant wait to see it.

cya all in he's concert :heart: :)

I love "Changes" - he puts so much passion and emotion into this wonderful song. Obviously he chose that song because it's very personal for him - the song as well as its title symbolize something important. But I think during his forthcoming promotion and interviews he should mention and show that he has also more rockier songs in store. With both beautiful ballads and amazing up-beat songs he'll able to get many new fans and listeners.

D500.jpg

I really like the little I've heard of Changes so far. I'm generally a fan of more upbeat sounding songs but I do appreciate that the richness and depth of Gareth's voice is best appreciated in a beautiful ballad.

Changes is a far cry,I think, from some of the over produced, dare I say old fashioned stuff of the past.

I'm thinking that alot of successful artists seem to sell well/get heard with a really good ballad. Example-Robbie-Angels. James Blunt-Beautiful. Take That-Patience. Will Young did an upbeat song as his first release off his last album and it didn't do great things until he quickly brought out Old Time Love. Ballads are more memorable I suppose. Touch peoples hearts even.

I've become a fan of Paolo Nutini recently. His success came with Last Request,then he followed it up with Jenny Don't be hasty which is very different and keeps his appeal open to a wide audience range.

I think Gareth who says he has been doing his own 'market research' is likely to do the same and I've a gut feeling because he's done his homework he's going to do well. :yes:

I like Changes, but after hearing all Gareth's songs at the gig, I wouldn't choose Changes for the first single, it will be loved by Gareth fans but I'm not sure it will bring in new fans like some of the other stronger , more catchy songs would. I was happy when I heard the new songs and thought Gareth would have no trouble with his comeback .

I like Changes, but after hearing all Gareth's songs at the gig, I wouldn't choose Changes for the first single, it will be loved by Gareth fans but I'm not sure it will bring in new fans like some of the other stronger , more catchy songs would. I was happy when I heard the new songs and thought Gareth would have no trouble with his comeback .

I didn't go to the gig, so have only heard snippets from the new songs. I thought 19 minutes would have been the one because it is a mix of ballad and rock, and very catchy. However, I have to say that I love all of Gareth's songs, because it's Gareth singing them and he's special. Changes is a beautiful song, and if it means so much to him, I can understand that he would want to release it first. A valid point was raised about ballads doing better than upbeat songs, so I think he would have put a lot of thought into which song would be the best one to do first.

Gareth's voice is so soft and gentle, so full of emotion , that I defy anyone who recognises good music, not to be moved by it. You can tell it comes straight from his heart, and his sincerity shines through. I have said this before, his new music is haunting, and it leaves an unbelievable impression on you. I think women particularly are going to love it, and the new mature Gareth will widen his fan base even more! :heart:

Interesting statement, Puppygates. :smile: By the way, some months ago I saw accidentally Paolo Nutini on TV and found that he's got an amazing voice which doesn't sound like the voice of a young man. :cool:

Hi GG Fan. Do take some time to listen to Paolo's album These Streets. There's loads of live Paolo stuff on You Tube. His voice IS amazing and he's only 19! And cute! :wink:

He writes from his heart and sings from his soul. From what Gareth says on his documentary and in his web chat his new album should tick both of these boxes. :yes:

Gareth's voice is so soft and gentle, so full of emotion , that I defy anyone who recognises good music, not to be moved by it. You can tell it comes straight from his heart, and his sincerity shines through. I have said this before, his new music is haunting, and it leaves an unbelievable impression on you.

Thanks for that perfect description !!! :cool:

Thanks for that perfect description !!! :cool:

You're welcome! I could spend all day talking about Gareth! :heart: