Gareth Lights Up The City

Yorksheather

Thanks for the scan Rachel :D I saw a member of one of the rock groups,don't know which one,but he had long hair(drummer I think)go over to Gareth on stage at the end and shook his hand and patted him on the shoulder.I don't think there was any hard feeling at all,and I'm surprised someone posted it on gg ;)

I hadn't realised that Gareth fans were chanting for him during Rooster's set when I made my previous comments about them, I agree that it's rude and seen Gareth give similar episodes "disattention" :P

Hopefully they will have enjoyed his beautiful voice.

The scan has appeared since I started to type this. Gorgeous photo and it really does look as if a good time was had by all.

Thank you very much R4LJ.

What a great write up - thanks for posting Heather. I'm so pleased that the people of Bradford showed their undying support for Gareth. He must be chuffed. And such good photos thanks for scanning R4RLJ

I was at work for the Pulse broadcast so missed it but I tuned in around 7pm and about 5-6 people phoned the studio to say how great Gareth was and how much they enjoyed his performance.

Just a taste of such good things to come next year.

I saw a member of one of the rock groups,don't know which one,but he had long hair(drummer I think)go over to Gareth on stage at the end and shook his hand and patted him on the shoulder.

Probably recognises him as a fellow drummer ;):D

Fabulous pics Rach! Thank you for posting them :D It looks like it was a wonderful evening :)

Guest NicolaJayne

All I can say is Gareth got the reception he deserved, it might have been snowing and we were wet through, but thoroughly happy. Gareth's performance and speech were fantastic and the extra song Silent Night was the icing on the cake.

Yippee Gareth did headline after all. :D:D:D:D

Thanks for letting us see that fantastic write up and the lovely pictures.

T&A have done him proud.

Re Headlining- I wonder what it actually means because do you remember when Gareth did Coventry he was reported to be headlining that event and yet he was on first?

Re Rooster I think there were only a few that were calling for Gareth and I think the singer once he had finished just said something like 'Now you can have your Gareth'. He was a bit sarcastic but he wasnt really rude. In fact it has probably done Gareth's credability a whole load of good because Rooster themselves have seen first hand what support there is for Gareth. I did notice one of the group going over to shake his hand but that is a lovely gesture. I wonder whether this is because they could see what a decent chap he is.

When Gareth had performed and was waiting to do his bit with the actual turning on of the lights I was watching him all the time and he seemed so humble. Perhaps they could see how he definitely wasnt up himself.

Great that Gareth can now be backstage mixing with these groups because next year they are probably going to be appearing on many an event together.

It definitely didn't sound rude on the radio. More like friendly banter - slightly taking the piss, but not in a bad way. But I do think it was rude of the Gareth fans to be calling for Gareth while Rooster were on. There was no need for that. They'd see his support before and afterwards.

Hi Aimee, if you go to the Music section this site you'll see a thread with links to clips from the concert. You should definitely download them.

If you join sugarboxgirl's site, www.sugarboxgirl.co.uk you'll be able to download video clips Songbirdofgaz took too. Fantastic.