Album title: Pictures of the Otherside

Snowdrop

Joe Mott has done a mini review of the album today. He's not exactly glowing and being his usual cynical self, but he does compare Gareth to George Michael (which is a very good thing IMO), and also Matt Willis, although I think in the second case it's more the style of Lost in You, which he wasn't keen on, but then he admits the album isn't for him. Or at least he doesn't think it's for him - presumably still stuck in the idea that it's for women. :tongue:

Thanks to Pongo999 and Yorksheather for finding and scanning the article, and before going out. :laugh:

JoeMott.jpg

I don't like the photo used. I'm sure he must have access to much nicer pics, but he probably feels intimidated by Gareth's sexiness. The comparison to Ray Quinn is beyond daft IMO. :whistle:

Hopefully he'll go to the showcase tonight and be bowled over, because I get the sense that he doesn't understand Gareth's direction, so it should make a lot more sense in a live setting with the man himself.

Just to note, he has the title as "Pictures on the Otherside", rather than Pictures of the Otherside. Not sure if that's a deliberate difference or if he read it wrong.

edits - he read it wrong. Its been confimed as Pictures of the Other Side by the OS, so i've changed the title. Floz

Ah well. Its not too bad considering its Joe Mott and I think the George Michael comparison - which has often been made- is a positive one.

I would assume that he's read the album title wrong as he got the track title wrong too (unless of course its been chenged).

Not even going to comment on the Ray Quinn comparison. How daft.

Thanks all.

Thanks Snowdrop. I like the comparison with George Michael. As for the rest of his opinion, well I suppose he couldn't have said anything more positive, or he would have run the risk of losing his reputation for snidiness.

I think he's way off the mark with his comments about Ray Quinn.

Pleased they've chosen that title for the Album, even though it appears he's got that wrong as well. I thought it was `Pictures OF The Other Side'

How wonderful, we have the album Title. Brings it that bit closer, to getting the album in my hands. :frantics:

Didn't expect Joe Mott to be loving Gareths music, as I shouldn't think it's his type, so the review isn't to bad. Especially George Micheal comparison. Would love Gareth to be as succesful as he is after all the news he's been in business.

Thanks everyone for bringing the news to us.

I am disappointed with that reveiw to be honest, mainly because Joe has not been to the showcase and to be honest I feel a more honest review would have been achieved after the showcase - which hopefully the other tabloid journalists and magazine writers will offer.

I don't think Joe is comparing Gareth to George either - he thinks Gareth has been listening to George therefore implying that Gareth's music or at least Angel on My shoulder is influenced by George.

I wish he had waited until after the showcase - then he could've given a much more in depth review.

xxx

Blimey Joe, you could have waited till you had heard it live, tonight.

Comparisons with George Micheal will do for me as I have always said that Gareth's singing voice sounds link him.

Loving the title 'Pictures On The Other Side'.

Enjoy Gareth tonight Joe and hopefully you may give a different review.

I was a bit disappointed with Joe Mott's review this morning , but re reading it isn't too bad. It looks like he has been given the only ballads on the album ( but more mature ballads ) and Lost In You, which is a complete contrast . I agree that 19 minutes is the best of the tracts he has heard. I think he rushed his review out so he could be the first . Lets hope he is won over tonight when he hears Gareth perform live , because Gareth's voice was sounding brilliant at the gig . Fingers crossed we get some better reviews after Gareth's showcase tonight :thumbsup:

I was a bit disappointed with Joe Mott's review this morning , but re reading it isn't too bad. I think he rushed his review out so he could be the first . Lets hope he is won over tonight when he hears Gareth perform live , because Gareth's voice was sounding brilliant at the gig . Fingers crossed we get some better reviews after Gareth's showcase tonight :thumbsup:

My thoughts exactly Heather - have had time to read the review again and again and it is not bad at all really - I think I wanted a full thumbs up and 5 stars but then I do live in cloud cuckoo land a lot of the time! :laugh:

Lets see what tomorrow brings.

xxx

I don't like Joe Mott's review, it's the first one printed I believe, and my fear is that Gareth has read it. Not a nice thing to do to him just before he performs his showcase! : :angry:

I don't like Joe Mott's review, it's the first one printed I believe, and my fear is that Gareth has read it. Not a nice thing to do to him just before he performs his showcase! : :angry:

I agree its not nice of Joe Mott to do a review on the day that Gareth does his showcase for the press, but if gareth still does what his press training has told him, then he wont be reading any reviews untill afterwards.

I read the review this afternoon and at first was a little dissapointed , but on reflection i think Joe Mott could have really slated the album if he was so inclined, so for him i dont think it was too bad . He did admit that gareths music is not his cup of tea the other day so to be honest for someone who isnt into pop (unless its girls aloud and they do wear shorter skirts than Gareth :whistle: !!!!) in the grand scheme of things its not too bad.

I think i will be waiting till the real reviews are in before emailing Mr Mott