Other Sites reporting on Gareth's interview and showcase

Yorksheather

I have just seen the interview has been on the Anorak news site today, I'm sure this will be the first of many , glad the news is getting about , although Anorak can be quite a cruel site .

http://www.anorak.co.uk/features.php?featu...%20Speaks%20Out

FForgetting Jordan - Gareth Gates Speaks Out

Date : 22.02.2007

WHO says that talent doesn’t out?

And we open up the Sun to read that Gareth Gates is back.

Not that the reality TV singer ever went away, not really. Gareth, who rose to prominence on Pop Idol, losing out in the final to Will Young, was just taking a breather between words.

Gates, of course, had a stammer. And a singer with a stammer is never a good thing - unless who are Chaka Khan’s warm-up man.

So Gates worked on his stammer. And now he has lost it. Gates is stammer free.

“I’ve spent the last three years working on my speech,” says Gates in real time. “I’d never say I’m cured because that’s the wrong way to look at it. But being able to speak has changed my life.”

The Sun’s Victoria Newton says she chatted to Gates for an hour. In the old days, she’d have done well to come away with ten words of copy. But now Gates is eloquent and free to talk about his life and his future.

And Gates has turned his back on cover songs, those karaoke takes on popular hits of old, mainstays of the Simon Cowell-inspired pop charts.

The new all-speaking, all-chatting Gates is playing his own instruments on his own songs.

And the Sun wants to know all about it. So, Mr Gates, is it true that you shagged Jordan?

Oh, the temptation for Gates to revert to his old ways as his mind’s eyes is infiltrated by the pneumatic presence of the glamour model. Will he now FF-orget his breathing?

But he comes clean. He breathes. Says Gates: “The truth is we did have a relationship.” (Back in 2002, Gates denied that he’d lost his virginity to the thrusting Jordan.)

“I don’t blame her for slagging me off over it...She’s a nice girl. It’s very easy for people to slag her off but when you get to know her she’s great.”

And Gates did get to know her. And now he looks forward to meting her again and putting “things to rest”.

He might even apologise. And he can. With a nod to Elton John, for Gates sorry is no longer the hardest word to say...

Share this story!

Comment Email Print

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Article from the metro paper

http://www.metro.co.uk/fame/article.html?i...mp;in_a_source=

Gareth's back with Changes

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Singer Gareth Gates is launching a comeback bid Pop Idol runner-up Gareth Gates is back - with a brand new single and album due to hit the shops in the coming months.

The spiky-haired singer performed a showcase of his new material at London's Pigalle Club last night, to an audience of journalists and music industry bigwigs.

It's one of the first times the 22-year-old has performed since he was dumped by his record label BMG when his Pop Idol success tailed off - he's one of the better known talent show casualties.

But with a new look and having conquered his famous stutter, Gareth's feeling positive about having another crack at the charts.

"My expectations are realistic," said the singer, whose new album is called Pictures Of The Other Side.

"I know some people might just hear my name and throw my CD out of the nearest window, but I also know that this is a strong album I'm completely proud of.

"I am anticipating a lot of preconceptions about me from the public, and I just hope this album manages to establish me as a more credible artist in people's minds, not just someone who was a five minute wonder."

As Gareth, whose single Changes hit the shops on April 9, prepares for his comeback bid, we take a look at some other reality show singers and the new brand of fame created by talent shows.

Wow! I'm happy to admit I was really panicking about his comeback before this week, but now I've seen nothing but positive comments I'm really quite surprised (and incredibly excited). I can't get over how well he's going to do with the backing of all those previously very cynical journalists! :hyper:

ITV News Site

Gates set for chart comeback?

10.50, Thu Feb 22 2007

http://www.itv.com/news/entertainment_2682...ae853bb53d.html

Former Pop Idol star Gareth Gates is set to make a comeback after a few years away from the charts.

Gareth, who has been getting help with his speech impediment, is due to release a new album having signed to the Universal record label.

The singer has spent the last few months writing and recording songs in the studio with a band.

He said: "What happened with my first two albums is that I arrived at the studio, walked into the booth, was told what to sing and left an hour later.

"That was the only input on the records I made. But with this one I've had the freedom to be able to play guitar and piano on it. It's much more about me.

Gareth, who lost out to Will Young on Pop Idol in 2002, released two albums but was dropped by BMG records in April 2006 when sales took a turn for the worse.

He added: "I was gutted when I was dropped. But I'm not bitter...One of the things that irritates me is artists who complain saying their life is terrible.

"It's funny how life turns out. It's worked for the best really because I have signed to Universal."

Now magazine

http://www.nowmagazine.co.uk/celeb_news/ce...cle_110588.html

Home » Celeb News Thursday 22 February 2007

Singer wants to apologise to the glamour model

Gareth Gates says he feels a bit of a twit for ever denying he enjoyed a bit of love action with Jordan.

The Pop Idol runner-up, who is about to relaunch his music career after a couple of years in the pop wilderness, says he feels bad for originally denying he had sex with the glamour model when she was six months pregnant with her first child.

'I look back and wish I'd been honest about it,' the 22-year-old tells The Sun. 'The truth is we did have a relationship. She was made to look foolish because I denied it all, and I regret that.

'I don't blame her for slagging me off over it. I don't regret my relationship with Jordan. I've never bumped into her anywhere but I hope I will so I can have a chat with her and apologise.

'She's a nice girl. It's very easy for people to slag her off but when you get to know her she is great.'

Gareth's new single, Changes, is out on April 9.

Music rooms , but not too great, but at least Gareth's name is everywhere .

Gareth Gates Admits To Jordan Relationship

22 February

http://www.musicrooms.net/cm/live/templates/?a=4081&z=3

Gareth Gates has begun on the road to a pop comeback - and has finally spilled the beans on his relationship with Jordan.

The stammering 2002 Pop Idol finalist, who lost out to Will Young, was dropped by his label after poor sales of his second album.

"I feel so privileged to be doing what I'm doing and to be given another chance after being dropped" he tells The Sun today.

Back in 2002 he also denied reports that he had lost his virginity to a six-months pregnant Jordan. But now he has decided to come clean about that as well.

"The truth is we did have a relationship. She was made to look foolish because I denied it all, and I regret that" he admitted.

Perhaps a duet with Peter Andre will now be on the cards? That would be amazing.

Gareth releases his new album in April.

This is from Entertainment News , you can vote on what you if yuo are excited about Gareth's come back , 69 % o far say they can't wait .

Gareth Gates Returns

Stammering singer on road to comeback...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By: Zoheir Beig on 2/22/2007

http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news?id=28286

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gareth Gates has begun on the road to a pop comeback - and has finally spilled the beans on his relationship with Jordan.

The stammering 2002 Pop Idol finalist, who lost out to Will Young, was dropped by his label after poor sales of his second album.

"I feel so privileged to be doing what I'm doing and to be given another chance after being dropped" he tells The Sun today.

Back in 2002 he also denied reports that he had lost his virginity to a six-months pregnant Jordan. But now he has decided to come clean about that as well.

"The truth is we did have a relationship. She was made to look foolish because I denied it all, and I regret that" he admitted.

Perhaps a duet with Peter Andre will now be on the cards? That would be amazing.

Gareth releases his new album in April.

Are You Excited About Gates' Comeback?

Thanks Janice, I have seen that one, I thought it was posted, but you know me, always getting in a muddle :unsure:http://www.nwdaily.co.uk/CelebrityGossipView.aspx?id=1513

Now, we must admit to being a bit dubious about going along to Gareth Gates' comeback showcase last night. There's never been any doubt the boy's got talent, but that's just the problem - he's just a boy! Well, not anymore. We can officially report that he is now six foot of strapping, loin-stirring, buff man. Swoon. (And 22, so totally legal.)

The 2002 Pop Idol runner-up sang six songs, including the single Changes - out 9th April. GG (yup, we're that close) penned most of the tracks himself, and we'd like to go on the record right now to say they weren't half bad!

NW's Beth Ivory and Danielle Hine managed to get some alone-time with Gareth backstage. And proceeded to fall deeply in love.

He chatted to us about domestic life with his girlfriend of four years, dancer Suzanne Mole. 'I love cooking. My favourite is chicken breast stuffed with rosemary and garlic butter wrapped in Parma ham.' Always on the look out for a free meal, we promptly invite ourselves over for dinner. Our suggestion is met with a blush and a giggle. (Ad-or-able.)

We ask how he feels moving from teeny-bopper-poster-pin-up to bona fide Sex God. Again - more blushes. 'Any bloke who said he didn't like the attention would be lying. But I'm more interested in whether or not people like my music.'

Well, we're behind you all the way Gazza - so much so, we're going to start our very own 'Gareth for number one' campaign. Keep your ears out for the single....

To celebrate Gareth’s return check out our, ‘Where are they now?’ reality TV stars gallery

Guest GarethsHotChick

WOW all these articles we are getting today about Gareth and his music are AMAZING, I am EXTREMELY proud of him for everything he is doing and it's BRILLIANT to see so many positive things being said about him coming back.

He sounds so passionate about his new material and the fact he has been given more freedom in the way his music is, And that he will be happy just for it to sell well and isn't too fussy about getting no.1's. Although that would be BRILLIANT. :D

Lovely pic Janice :thumbsup:

view all comments (0) - add your comments

GARETH GATES AIMING TO REBUILD STUTTERING CAREER

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/artic...0career_1022876

Pop flop GARETH GATES is attempting another assault on the charts, and ears, of the UK after being signed by a new record label.

The sweet-singing young star has undergone three years of therapy on his stutter, allowing him to talk in public with no problems, according to the Sun.

Gates, who came runner up to Brit nominee WILL YOUNG in ITV's POP IDOL in 2002, managed just a handful of cover versions before the UK became bored and his record label dumped him after two albums.

However, Gates is now looking to return with a new style, having beaten his speech problems and having had some input into his new songs rather than recording karaoke numbers.

He told the newspaper: "What happened with my first two albums is that I arrived at the studio, walked into the booth, was told what to sing and left an hour later.

"But with this one I've had the freedom to be able to play guitar and piano on it. It's much more about me."

But Gates knows he has to work hard to win back fans after he became the butt of many jokes and bad press by having a relationship with glamour model Jordan, denying it, then being dropped by his record label for dismal sales.

He admitted: "I'm a realist. I know that the name Gareth Gates has a stigma attached to it. People think of my speech and the cheesy pop and think I'm not credible."

But while he added that he has put his "all" into his latest attempt, if it's not successful "it doesn't matter".

22/02/2007 15:58:59