News in from Bristol

Snowdrop

I've just had a phone call from eternal, who has been at today's signing. She said it was brilliant! :wub:

She wasn't sure how many were there, but she said Gareth said it was his biggest crowd yet, and a warm reception from all - most of whom weren't on the boards. She thinks over 100 queuing to have a CD signed too.

He sang the usual, AOMS, Can't Believe It's Over and Pictures, plus on request, Spirit in the Sky! She thinks he still had a bit of a husky throat, but a bit better, and he didn't mention it. :smile:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am back, it was fantastic. I asked hubby to guess how many were queing and his guess was at least 200. We were at the end of the que slowly moving forward and when looking back the end got longer, more people seem to come into it.

Gareth was delayed by at least 1 hr through jams on the motorway, the M4 was closed at one point on both sides, then then only started moving real slow again.

There were loads of people packing out the front of the shop. The shoppers were directed in from 1 door only and had to go around all the people through the music section to get out. Some of them did not know why all the people stood there waiting and when they heard some of them stopped and waited too.

I talked to a woman who was there with her about 13 or 14 yr old daughter, and she only knew because when shopping on Wed saw the poster.

You seen little kids under 10 and younger clatching their cd, some boys too, and then older teens, some young men, and then all ages upwards.

When Gareth at last arrived he walked across a bridgeway (where he also sang from) and the screems started, lol he just walked across into what looked like an office, and I think there he had photos taken with some staff members, we seen flashes going off. In the meantime some men were setting up the mikes and the speakers. Then when Gareth come out with Pete the screems started again. In the between time some people were shouting Gareth, Gareth lol

Gareth wore his black and white striped top with long sleeves (like in Hyde Park) with blue belt and blue tie underneath. He looked gorgeous :wub: . His voice was still not quite right, he changed the high notes in POTOS to a lower register, but it sounded great. He also sang AOMS (first) and Cant believe its over, and as said finished with Sits (again a rockier version) because he said the audience was so good.

A couple of people had banners held up saying I love you Gareth.

When Gareth first come on he firstly apologised for being late and thanked everyone for waiting and turning up.

They also played his album in the music section before he turned up. They did not have his cd on the shelf but when you asked you could buy it, and they said they sold lots in the morning already.

I also met footygirl and said hi to her, she did a sterling job organising the event. :D

I had my photo taken with Gareth (from hubby), Gareth sat at a small table with his PA standing to the side, they had 2 big posters of Gareth's album cover behind him.

I asked him about his throat, he said its getting there, but was holding it like it still hurt.

I aslo told him the album is fantastic and wished him well.

I also spoke to his PA, and asked about how he was doing , and she asked me what I thought, then she said he is doing fantasticly. :D

I did meet Eternal, Val, Anne, Sharon and her mum before the event, but lost them after, and we had to get home for the dogs.

It was a great day, I loved it.

Can't really add anything to what Khelda has said. She's related it brilliantly.

All I can add is that I've had the most wonderful day. I didn't think anything would equal going to Hyde Park last week, but this topped it as I actually got to meet Gareth finally :heart: He is just so beautiful and so lovely words can't really describe how I feel at the moment.

It was also lovely to meet so many people from the boards, but it was also great to see so many other people there appreciating Gareth the way we all do. He had the most tremendous reception.

I'm a very happy bunny this evening :wub:

post-1293-1183238703_thumb.jpg :laugh: Hi to everyone thanks for coming to our Asda today, it's been a busy 2 days sorting it all out, but it was well worth it.

We were a bit panicked when we knew he was going to be late, as there were a lot of people waiting.

It was great to meet Khelda in person, sorry i didn't meet anyone else i was rushing around a lot.

I will try and put some photos from the day on here if i can figure out how to do it.

We were all on the side of the bridge when gareth was singing and had a great view of him & pete, fantastic performance, and we got to say hi after, i even got a kiss on the cheek.

xxxxx

post-1293-1183238929_thumb.jpgheres another one.

Thanks for putting up the pictures footygirl.

I'd also like to thank you and all the staff at Asda today, for giving us such a brilliant day. Your organisation was spot on and you couldn't have done it better.

Look forward to seeing more pics if you can manage it. Oh yes, and we saw you getting your pic taken and your kiss from the restaurant. My were we envious of you all having him all to yourself :laugh:

He is one special person isn't he :heart:

Footygirl, that is lovely that you come on and post these great photos, having been in the middle of the people, it was hard just to see how many there were. That looks quite impressive, and we were all good waiting patiently. :D

It was nice meeting you, you done a great job.

And lucky you getting a kiss of Gareth. What did you think of him and what was the reaction of your colleges?

Footygirl, that is lovely that you come on and post this great photos, having been in the middle of the people, it was hard just to see how many there were

That picture doesn't reflect how many people there were there. I can see myself on the side of the picture and there were almost as many the right hand side of me as there were on the left. I'd love to know how many there actually were there.

It sounds as if it was an all round fantastic afternoon footygirl - thanks so much for all your efforts to make it a success. :)

fantastic performance

SO pleased you thought so - obviously we're all a bit biased on here and think he just has an amazing voice, full stop. :laugh: Always great to know that someone who isn't necessarily a fan thinks so too :)

post-1293-1183239877_thumb.jpgSome colleagues were just joking all week about him coming in, but everyone was spellbound, his voice was so good, even with a sore throat.

There was a fantastic atmosphere all day, lots of colleagues watched from the foyer, and some in the canteen standing on chairs just to get a glimpse.

I loved it but couldn't do it every day, the security guards were fantastic and bowled lots of females over with their charm and good looks.xx

Thank you footygirl, for the great pictures.

My, thats a big crowd, looks more the 200 there.

Glad the day went well after the delay you had.

Thank you for all your great reports. I have just come back from seeing Smokey Robinson at the Bridgewater Hall in Manchester. It was a fantastic evening but I couldn't help thinking how much I would love to see Gareth at such a venue in the future.