Blackpool Illuminations switch on

Floz

http://doctor-no1.livejournal.com/155980.html

Friday 31st August 2007

NEW The Blackpool Illuminations

On: BBC Radio Two (0102)

Time: 20:30 to 21:30 (1 hour long)

Dale Winton presents live coverage of the switching-on of the Blackpool Illuminations by David Tennant. With live performances from Natasha Bedingfield, Natalie Imbruglia, Ghosts and Gareth Gates.

So - you can hear it on radio 2 as well

(edits - can't believe I found this on a Dr Who Blog!!! :tongue: )

Well found Floz. I will be listening!

I usually go every year,this year I will have to go and see Gareth at the switch on, even though it's always heaving with thousands of people.

Blackpool switch on is televised live in the north west news programme between 6-30 to 7pm,interviews with the stars performing before the actual lights switch on.

Guest GarethsHotChick

Thanks for posting that up Floz, I wish I didn't live so far away from Blackpool otherwise I maybe could have gone. But it's GREAT we can listen on the radio and I will be tuned in to hear how Gareth is getting on. :smile:

I hope people who can go have a brilliant time and I can't wait to read reports. :D

My gran's just phoned me to let me know, bless her. We usually go to Blackpool around November once the lights are on, but we've never actually seent hem being switched on. The hard pasrt is convincing the parents to go, which is tough, especially when it comes to the ligths actually been switched on, and it'll be hectic. They'll just thow the 'You've met him!' line at me, because they think that will get me to change my mind. But they know anyway, so I'll let them decide.... :whistle:

Guest GarethsHotChick

I can't wait to hear Gareth's performances on the radio tomorrow, I am REALLY looking forward to it and it makes up a lot for not being able to go to the actual event. :smile:

I wonder which songs he will be performing, Hopefully there will be some rockier songs in there like at Manchester Pride. I :wub: those ones and the songs from his album too. :D

I hope that anyone who goes has a wonderful time, just like i did at Manchester. :heart: