Manchester Pride Report

Well me and June got there about 11:15 and met up with some people from the boards!

We went roudn getting pictures for the street team with signs which I have just figured that my memory card has buggered up so there isnt any!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We got about 50 altogther so gutted that we wont have them like!

We got to the stage about 1:30-2 ish and waited for the acts to start!

They all werent bad really but Gareth was definitely our main attraction

They kept saying about him yet put another act on so we were ready with our cameras for over an hour lol!

Then he came on in a black shirt, jeans, pink belt and tie (utterly gorgeous)

He sang:

New Kid In Town

POTOS

Summer Of 69

19 minutes

lost in you

AOMS

Livin On A Prayer

SITS

so which was 8 songs and it was absolutely FANTASTIC best gig ever he was absolutely amazing! Sophie also listened to it all on the phone as she rang me to listen

We then rushed off to see him at the other sign where I got a pic with a link to the street team which again cant be shown as my memory card has had an eppy!

I then had a pic with him which was awful but still not that i can see it now!

Im honesly absolutely gutted about my camera

But otherwise it was a FANTASTIC day and Gareth was AMAZING!!!!!

THE PICTURES HAVE NOW BEEN RETRIEVED SO I HAVE THEM ALL BACK :D

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not long back - it was great. Gaz was great, and the people doing the introductions were describing him as the headline act. :thumbsup: They were clearly quite thrilled to have him. :heart: He was looking utterly sexy - as ever. I got a few blurry photos, and some dodgy video footage, which I'll upload later. :hyper: :frantics:

I'm not long back - it was great. Gaz was great, and the people doing the introductions were describing him as the headline act. :thumbsup: They were clearly quite thrilled to have him. :heart: He was looking utterly sexy - as ever. I got a few blurry photos, and some dodgy video footage, which I'll upload later. :hyper: :frantics:

I've been looking forward to your report and the gems you usually bring back :hyper:

Sounds like a good day was had by all :thumbsup:

Guest GarethsHotChick

Thank You for a GREAT report Nat hun, It sounds like you all had a BRILLIANT time seeing Gareth. I am really pleased he was given loud cheers and people were happy to see him. :smile:

I can't wait to see your photo's, It's good you have managed to get them again after thinking they had gone forever.

Thank You for the link Floz, I :heart: what Gareth was wearing, He looks GORGEOUS and suits those colours. :wub:

The weather was fab, the crowd was happy, the venue was rubbish, but Gareth was absolutely fantastic! :frantics: He put on a great performance - really ripped it up and clearly enjoyed every minute. :hyper:

The people presenting the show bigged him up on a regular basis and at one point described him as the headline act for the whole weekend - something I hadn't heard before, but only appropriate, obv :wink: :laugh:

When he finally came on - at the billed time, but it felt like we'd been anticipating his imminent arrival for hours - the crowd went wild. He looked gorgeous, is clearly a favourite and went down a storm. There were people there who weren't familiar with the album so three of the tracks went over their heads, inevitably, but he mixed it up well with the other, better known stuff and that got everyone singing along. On the strength of what she heard of the album, the friend Snowdrop and I dragged along has bought the album today and wants to come to the tour when it happens, so YAY! :smile: Fingers crossed that others felt the same way. :smile:

I have to say, I loved every minute of him being on stage. :frantics: He's such a natural performer and just looks as if he's having a ball the whole time. I just wish you'd could have all been there.

The people presenting the show bigged him up on a regular basis and at one point described him as the headline act for the whole weekend - something I hadn't heard before, but only appropriate, obv
the crowd went wild. He looked gorgeous, is clearly a favourite and went down a storm.

Thanks for your great report Maggie. I love these bits particularly. Its difficult to understand, when he's received so well everywhere he goes, that he didn't have more success with this album.

He's such a natural performer and just looks as if he's having a ball the whole time. I just wish you'd could have all been there.

I wish I could have been there too. Its sounds like this was one of Gareth's best performances ever.

And I'm gutted now. I had the opportunity to go to Blackpool on Friday and had to turn it down, because I have an appointment at the hospital on Saturday morning and won't be able to get back in time :sad:

Just my rotten luck unfortunately. I really hope we do all get the chance to see him on a tour soon :heart:

Yes it was a fantastic day had great fun with Natalie getting photo's of people all over the Pride with "Gareth signs" for the Street Team Web site . I am so pleased you managed to retrieve them after all Nat :smile:

I met gatesgal for the first time "It was lovely to meet you Carol" and met a few of the others I met before too.

But the highlight of the day was when Gareth came on :hyper: He was FANTASTIC! I loved every minute of it :heart: The best performance he has ever done it was AMAZING! :wub: It was brilliamt :hyper: to hear him sing "Living On A Prayer" :hyper:

I took some photo's there not brilliant I don't have a zoom on my camera. I have cropped them down.

post-343-1188335375_thumb.jpg

post-343-1188335345_thumb.jpg

post-343-1188335300_thumb.jpg

post-343-1188335403_thumb.jpg

post-343-1188335435_thumb.jpg

post-343-1188335472_thumb.jpg

post-343-1188335491_thumb.jpg

post-343-1188335514_thumb.jpg

post-343-1188335540_thumb.jpg

post-343-1188335562_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the reports everyone,I agree Gareth was fantastic,he gave his best performance ever,the crowd loved him. :heart: :hyper:

Let's hope we have a few more live gigs soon,people need to see and hear more of Gareth performing like this. :hyper:

If you take photos from below, people tend to look heavier. :tongue:

Those photos are much better than mine, which are all blurry. He should stand still! :frantics:

If you are reading this just after I've posted, this could still be processing, but here's a video clip of New Kid in Town - not the whole song I'm afraid, just a taster. :heart:

Guest GarethsHotChick

You're photos are BRILLIANT June, Thank You for posting them up to show us and for sharing your report with us too. Gareth looks VERY fit and handsome :smile:

He always dresses really smartly too, I :heart: the way he wears coloured belts to go with the rest of his clothes. :wub:

Thank You for sharing your videos with us Snowdrop, Gareth looks like he is really enjoying himself and the people watching are too. :D