DOI at Sheffield

lilian

We had a great time yesterday at the Sheffield Sunday evening performance. I went with Janice, Rachel and Emily . We arrived in Sheffield early , as it was snowing , and we went for a meal at a Carvery on the other side of Sheffield . We arrived just as the cars were being allowed into the car park and we were straight in . It was bitterly cold and snowing.

First we had the warm up man, who was the same man who warmed up the television audience . He said strictly no video recordings , even from mobile phones , if caught they would be confiscated and you would be thrown out , it put me off, but I saw lots of people with their phones out :smile:

Andy Peters was comparing , and it showed Gareth and the rest on the large screens , from the TV show. Gareth mentioned that he had performed at Sheffield before , Andy Peters said to the audience " If any of you voted for Will Young, you should be ashamed of yourselves " :laugh:

Everyone skated brilliantly, there were no falls at all last night . Jayne said that Gareth had speeded up tonight , and he must have been eating his Weetabix :tongue:

The competion was just in the first half, and Gareth's performance was to Livin On A Prayer . I can't remember the score :unsure: but Gareth has much more competion , Linda , Zarah and David Seaman were below Gareth.

Wendy was sitting 3 rows in front of us , she was with a little girl and some lads who may have been friends of Gareth , they all wore their VIP passes .

Suzanne and Nicola were a few rows on front of them . Suzanne and Nicola both stood up cheering when Gareth finished his performance .

In the interval , Janice introduced me, Rachel and Emily to Suzanne ( I had met her years ago ) but Suzanne knows Janice well and gave her a hug :smile: I told Suzanne I had a Gareth mask but was a bit shy of showing it , Suzanne said " Get it Up " :laugh: I mentioned her standing up , and she laughed and made a comment :smile:

You could vote by text all through the interval.

The second half was more relaxed as it wasn't in the competion , and the professional skaters were fantastic , especially Fred and Mel , who were outstanding and had a standing ovation.

I loved the final sequence when the skaters all danced a new routine wearing their Bolero outfits , Gareth looked very good in his purple shirt . The judges were all up and dancing and jigging around ( it was also Robin Cousin's 50th birthday )

We then got the results and the skate off was between Chris and Suzanne. Suzanne won , but the audience were mad for Chris . We were very happy with the results and it was a great evening :smile:

Lisa from Calendar News was the guest judge , and it is going to be featured on Calendar tonight .

Thanks for that clip Floz. Second biggest cheer of them all I'd say. He looked really confident and good too :heart:

Thanks for your report Heather. From all the reports it seems its a really good show. So glad you got to meet Suzanne.

Thank you for your lovely report Yorksheather. I am so glad you enjoyed it. I thought you would and who wouldn't? It was lovely Gareth's family being there. Perhaps the children could be Gareth's parents foster children. What a gtreat for them all.

They must differ the routine because I don't remember them all doing skating in their Bolero outfits. I think they all came out in their Bolero outfits and just stood there while the results were announced.

Chris also got a much better reception than Suzanne when I was there too. However, Chris is also a Yorkshire lad and Frankie comes from Sheffield.

Apparently people are complaining that we are a staid lot in Yorkshire with no waving banners etc. I expect things will warm up as the tour progresses.

The last night of the tour is in Sheffield so that is bound to be a big party night I should think. Wish i was going.

Thanks for the lovely report Heather. Glad you had such a good time! Thanks Floz for the video too.

Guest GarethsHotChick

Thank You SO much for the reports Lilian, singingmuppet and Heather, They are all BRILLIANT and very detailed too. Unfortunately I won't be able to go and see Gareth on the tour either, So it's VERY much appreciated that we have reports from those who are able to go to the tour for us to read. I can imagine what it must of been like. :smile:

And I am SO glad Gareth and Maria got huge cheers too, Thank You Floz for the links to videos. I :heart: watching all the different ones, 5th place on the leaderboard is AMAZING. :thumbsup:

How HOT is Gareth's costume for "Livin On A Prayer". :wub:

Its at 22 mins on Mondays evenings news

How did you find Monday evening's news? It isn't showing for me. I'm guessing it's something at my end, because everyone else seems to be finding it without directions, but I've clicked on loads of links and nothing about Monday's news, or whatever it was people were watching the other day that I couldn't find either. :mellow:

Is there a link I should be clicking on?

How did you find Monday evening's news? It isn't showing for me. Is there a link I should be clicking on?

I clicked on Local News on the left hand side. Then it was 22 minutes into it, but you can forward through it, albeit a bit slowly.

I can't find it either?

I trawled right through it, but still not working fo me.