Drive Cover

alicia297

Hey to everyone :smile:

What do you think about Gareth's Drive Cover ???

When I listened it for the first time it nearly made me cry. It's really touching, and, in my view, the best cover I've ever heard (apart from Unchained Melody) :heart: .

What about you? Were you as touched as me when you listened to it? :wub:

x

Alicia

Just thought I put the link up again for people who might not have heard it for a while. :smile:

Thank you for posting the link to the song because I had never heard that, and absolutely LOVE it!

I also listened to

that went with the song. What happened to that campaign that Gareth and the presenters where talking about?

Hey to everyone :smile:

What do you think about Gareth's Drive Cover ???

When I listened it for the first time it nearly made me cry. It's really touching, and, in my view, the best cover I've ever heard (apart from Unchained Melody) :heart: .

What about you? Were you as touched as me when you listened to it? :wub:

x

Alicia

This has always been one of my favourite songs and I adore Gareth's version. I wish it would be released and publicised, it is beautifful :heart:

Gareth's version of Drive is beautiful. His voice is husky and emotional, and it sends shivers up my spine! :heart:

I also listened to
that went with the song. What happened to that campaign that Gareth and the presenters where talking about?

I think it was more a campaign that the presenters were talking about and Gareth was just humouring them.

However, I do think it would be a good idea to spread this link around the internet and to different radio stations, on the anniversary of it being added by Sugarboxgirl, 25th May 2007.

Anyone in touch with Joe Whiley in the Live Lounge, on Radio 1??

Have really loved listening to this song. I would even go as far as saying it is better than the Cars original.

However, I do think it would be a good idea to spread this link around the internet and to different radio stations, on the anniversary of it being added by Sugarboxgirl, 25th May 2007.

Thats a great idea!

I've dont go on that many sites other than Gareth one's, Myspace and Facebook. But I'll try post the link about.

I have just posted a link to the video in Myspace Bulletin :)

Just emailed Jo Whiley - I'm not a Live Lounge listener but thought it wouldn't harm emailing, wasnt sure if they did requests either but I explained I thought that Gareth's version was really good and that it would be great to hear him sing it on her show. I also sent her a link to the to the video.

Just emailed Jo Whiley - I'm not a Live Lounge listener but thought it wouldn't harm emailing, wasnt sure if they did requests either but I explained I thought that Gareth's version was really good and that it would be great to hear him sing it on her show. I also sent her a link to the to the video.

That is brilliant. Jo Whiley is the first person I would have thought of.

I listen to Chris Moyles a lot and was thinking of contacting him.

I do think in all these instances of trying to promote Gareth, it is far better received if the listener/poster is seen to be genuine. I think mass emailing to all and sundry has a negative effect on the artist.

I know one person on Gareth's Official site has built up a rappor with one of the Heart DJ's and in my opinion this definitely works in favour of both the artist and the fans.

I don't know what anyone else's views are on this but I feel that it could be a good way to promote Gareth. People may be surprised by the quality of the cover. However it is a cover so is this the music we should be promoting for Gareth?

I've also put the video on my myspace and bebo profiles and I also have it as a ringtone on my mobile too.

I'm not sure where else to promo, but don't want to mass promote and build up negativity for Gareth and fans; like you mentioned Eternal.

I think a bit of lowish key "promotion" is the way to go. It shouldn't look too much like promotion, never mind a fan campaign. But if you have Gareth's music on your various profiles or as a ring-tone, then people will hear and some will take an interest. You can change it to a different song every now and then too, keep it more interesting, and if it allows, you could write a little blog about what it is you like about that track. People will take more notice too. :thumbsup:

Can you tell me how I get this song as the ringtone on my mobile please?

I would love to change to this from Angel on My Shoulder.

Hi, I'm not very good at explaining instructions but to get Drive as ringtone.

I copied the Drive MP3 music file from my music folder on my computer.

Then I connected my mobile phone to my computer using my mobile phone usb lead.

My phone then appears in My computer as a driver (like where you would find your digital camera drivers)

I open the "phone" driver and locate my music folder on my phone.

Then Paste the copied mp3 onto my phone.

The Drive file is now on my mobile so I disconnected the phone from my computer.

Goto my music on my phone, locate Drive and select use it as ringtone and message tone.

Hope this helps.

Now that I have asked for instructions to add Drive to my mobile I am scared of losing Angel on My shoulder. Am going to give it a go though. Thanks for the instructions. Will let you know how I get on.

Can we add any music to our facebook accounts, does anyone know?

Now that I have asked for instructions to add Drive to my mobile I am scared of losing Angel on My shoulder. Am going to give it a go though. Thanks for the instructions. Will let you know how I get on.

Can we add any music to our facebook accounts, does anyone know?

Yesterday I started a topic about adding music to Facebook in Promotion. I hope it will help you. :thumbsup:

Yesterday I started a topic about adding music to Facebook in Promotion. I hope it will help you. :thumbsup:

Yes it certainly does and I have just replied.

I must admit that facebook is new to me (I haven't really ventured far with my myspace) but feel that as this is invited friends I feel more inclined to persue this avenue. However how do we find out our 'friends' on facebook? Am I sounding particularly thick?