Gareth Gates Joins Stiles & Drewe Concert Line-up

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As i said befor Khelda, I'm sorry, didn't realise! Mine was a late birthday present, which I value very highly.

Thanks very much Khelda!

I couldn't afford the aftershow party or stall seats so got grand seating instead but still can't wait to see him in 8 days time. Everyone going to the after party have a fantastic time and hope you get the chance to wish Gareth well.

Guest NicolaJayne
Whoever is going to the party, have fun and enjoy. :smile:

I count myself very lucky to be going to this show and After show Party as I was on holiday in Corfu at the time and my good friend Carol took a chance and got me a ticket as she couldn't get in touch with me.

I am really looking forward to it and hope to see some of you there. :biggrin:

I know really can't believe it is tomorrow I still won't believe I am going until my friend touches down from her flight tonight with the tickets.

Wow, I hope it will all go ok with your tickets, I think you get the prize for coming the furthest. :D

Thanks Alicia. :smile:

Well done Alicia, it's amazing how far we travel for Gareth, but he is so special! I just can't wait for tonight, so exciting!

I just got back from London, just a quick report now.

Gareth was fantastic, he did not just sing some songs, he acted them out too, like they do in the musical.

He sang 2 duets, and 1 kind of by himself, and then with all the group.

It was a great night, enjoyed all of it. :hyper:

I am so pleased he was there too Lilian, after the disappointment (understandable though) of Gareth not being at the DOI when I went. :smile:

It was a great evening, the show went in 2 parts, with the writers talking about their career, how it started, what breaks they got, and in between the explaining, they had lots of West end stars singing (and performing) songs from their past musicals. It was really funny in places too, what they said and also some of the songs.

In part 2 they explained about the new musical they written 'Soho Cinders' and what it was about, they then said they will showcase some songs to tell the story.

It was a huge surprise to me that it all was like in a musical, the acting and performing whilst singing. (Somehow thought the singers would all just stand there and sing, lol)

And Gareth did duets with a couple of other singers, and he acted out the part he played. And he danced at one point, and he was good, lol :laugh:

It was fantastic, and it certainly looked like Gareth had a ball. He loved working with all the other singers, it showed. :smile:

The writer made a point of saying that they both really enjoyed working with the new people who were taking part, and thanked them all for giving their time for free for the charity. And that of course is not just last night, but all the rehearsal done.

They had a brilliant orchestra playing the music, consisting of 4 violinist, a couple of guitar players, a bass player, a keyboard player and one of the writers himself who was playing the piano to all the songs.

It was a success, great night.

Now cant wait to hear how the after party went. :D

Still in London have met up with Chantel (Browneyeschantel) from here, Ross (R0SS1987) from official boards and we are going to brave sight seeing in this weather. Gareth was amazing last night blew us all away so proud of him. He showed to people that he can really sing amazingly and can really act! We loved every single moment of it and Gareth seemed to be really enjoying himself too. We managed to get our programs signed sadly didn’t manage to get a picture with him to many people by this stage.

He came on in act two and like others have said he played a gay guy called Robbie. He sang old Compton street, wishing for the normal, gypsies of the ether which really blow me away so much emotion. It’s hard to tell that is when he was doing his dirty dancing which he was amazing at. Also sang they don’t make glass slippers that was my favourite of his again so full of emotion. Then they all sang you shall go to the ball.

Hi to the people in the lift too last night nice meeting you all sorry I am a little shy.

Sorry for the essay!

Suzie

I'm just home! I can't say much now, other than to say Gareth was fabulous. He was in a line-up made up of seasoned pros, and he didn't look a bit out of place. He's got such a beautiful voice, and it was lovely to hear it again in person, and I'm certain he impressed a lot of people too. He was warmly received by all, and got a lot of applause. :wub: