Gareth is to Star as Joseph in his West End Debut

Yorksheather

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can see the footage here as Andrew Lloyd Webber presents Lee Mead with a coat ( not the original ) :smile:

And Lee Wishes Gareth 'Best Of Luck '

http://www.reallyuseful.com/news/exclusive...ngs-up-his-coat

That new coat looked too small :shocked: . He soon whipped it off because he looked uncomfortable in it.

Quite an emotional night and one that the Lee fans will treasure I will think. A lovely mention of Gareth with a great reception.

Thanks for the link. Made the Joseph Experience that little bit closer.

BTW will Gareth have to wear that white outfit Lee was wearing or is that his casuals he wears under the coat?

I really hope everyone has a fantastic time when they go to see Gareth as Joseph. I'm sure looking forward to reading everyone's reports, just like I've loved reading everyone's reports from Cinderella.

I would love to go myself not sure I'll be able to though.

Guest NicolaJayne

have just been on the Adelphi Theatre site, it holds 1,500 people thats a lot of bums on seats LOL

I would have thought the theatre would have been one of the smaller ones, knowing how many new shows there are in London and how long Joseph has been running.

Not sure myself how long its been running but must be around 20 years, bit of a wild guess.

Good quess I have just read that its the longest running touring stage musical almost 20 years and is in The Guiness Book Of Records and one viewing is enough to tell you why

Just posted this on the O/S so thought I'd post here. Just prooves Joseph must be one of the most popular musicals. :D

Having taken one day's holiday Gareth will now be on day 2 of rehearsals. I was sitting wondering today, (when I was meant to be working) how he would rehearse. With the cast already in place and performing nightly, how will Gareth get to perform (and gell) with the cast? :ermm:

I doubt they would be up in the morning, let alone do a run through.

I wonder if Gareth will be doing private rehearsals and then a couple of run throughs before the opening night?

Thinking about it, when I have witnessed local pantomine rehearsals, different groups practise on different evenings and then they all come together for a few final rehearsals and then ultimately the dress rehearsal. Perhaps this is how if will be for Gareth, but he will be rehearsing alone :aww:

I was wondering if the producers would be mean enough to the regular cast to make them come in on their day off (Tuesday) to work with Gareth, or if he would be working on his own with a vocal coach and a stage director to go through the songs and then spend a couple of hours a day in the afternoon with relevant bits of the cast working on particular scenes.

I know he met the cast when he went for the photo-call, but he was doing a lot of press that day and hadn't been feeling well, so probably didn't get to know them very well. Fortunately Gareth is very good at meeting new people, which is just as well as a good rapport with the rest of the cast will help him immensely.

I was wondering if the producers would be mean enough to the regular cast to make them come in on their day off (Tuesday) to work with Gareth,

I hadn't thought of this option. I suppose the cast would like to give a little extra of themselves, if they felt that it will help towards the show being a success and having a longer run.

By the way their day off isn't Tuesday http://www.josephthemusical.com/buytickets.php It's Sundays when there aren't any performances.

By the way their day off isn't Tuesday http://www.josephthemusical.com/buytickets.php It's Sundays when there aren't any performances.

LOL, I realised that as I was closing down my computer last night and meant to come in and edit, but then forgot. :unsure: :laugh:

Tuesdays was the day off for Cinderella, and a lot of West End shows have Monday off, but not Joseph it seems. I can't see them making the cast come into London on a Sunday, so I'd guess they'll try to have their run-throughs in the afternoons when there is no matinee.

I read that in New York a lot of the theatres have one night of the week (I forget which one) where all the shows start a little bit earlier, to make it more suited to people who work in the City to go straight from work and be able to get home again at a reasonable time. The later starts are more suited to people who have to travel a little bit further first. :smile:

• 2 weeks later...
Ricky Rojas is currently appearing as ‘Joseph’ until Gareth Gates takes over on February 9th. We are all busy in rehearsals every day with Gareth so lots of tired people around the theatre right now, but I can say that Gareth is going to be great and you will all love him in the role. Like Lee he brings something new to the role and what a gorgeous voice he has too. He already brings tears to my eyes when I sing ‘Any Dream Will Do’ with him at the end of the show. I’m looking forward to his first journey infront of a live audience when I get to hand him his coat on February 9th. Hopefully I’ll see some of you there.

:D:wub::D