Gareth is to Star as Joseph in his West End Debut

Yorksheather

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a lovely blog Khelda, thanks so much for posting it. My friend's grandson is in Joseph, he's worked with Lee for the last 6 months, and has already said to her that he is very excited about working with Gareth. It seems they all have huge respect for Gareth in the cast already, and realise just how talented he is. This is particularly pleasing, as Lee was also good, but Gareth will inject his own personal talent into the role.

Thanks Carol, that is good to know that your friends grandson is looking forward to working with Gareth.

Maybe you can find out more snippets sometime. :smile:

We do know that people who worked with Gareth in the past really respect and like him, and I am sure it will happen with this cast too. :thumbsup:

I don't want to get ahead of ourselves, but according to someone posting as a guest on the WhatsOnStage forum, Gareth is expected to go on stage tonight in advance of his official first night. There are often theatre insiders on there, so it's possible they know what they are talking about.

If true, Gareth has less than ten minutes to go! :frantics:

That is great Snowdrop, someone has also posted on the OS site, she is a musical fan :smile:

Btw, I'm not 100% sure, but I think Gareth will be on tonight already, as a preparation for his official opening night

Edit: sorry Becky, didn't see your post. There were rumours going around the theatre earlier this week about that, so I'm guessing he is.

Edited by marieken ( 3 minutes 38 seconds

A new member on the OS called Marieken posted these details how to get to the stage door to try and see Gareth.

I thought I better bring it over here for some of our members who have the wish to do this. :smile:

think I'm the next Joseph fan to stumble over this thread, thought I'd provide you with some answers too

Originally Posted By: xxalicia

Does anyone know how to get to the stage door?

Stage door is easy to find. From the Strand you can either get to Maiden Lane via Bedford street (facing the Adelphi it's on your left), and take the first right (next to EAT). There are two stage doors in Maiden Lane, one for the Adelphi, on for the Vaudeville, but the Adelphi one is next to the Porterhouse, opposite the Australia shop and La Perla. Coming from Bedford street it's the first SD

The other (easier) possibility is to use Bull Inn Court, a small alleyway halfway between the Adelphi and Bedford Street. Just follow that, pass the Porterhouse and you're at the stage door.

(Alternatively, if you exit the theatre through the bar on the left side of stalls you come out of the door right next to the stage door. Useful to know for after shows )

Cast has to be in approx. an hour before shows, so if you want to stage door before show that's something to take into account. Usually you're fine if you're there about 2hrs before show, though (of course) I've no idea if Gareth usually comes

I hope I am posting in the right thread. My friend, whose Grandson is in Joseph has told me that she has met and spoken with Gareth. She took a liking to him straightaway. Apparently during last week when Ricky was playing Joseph, Gareth was stood at the side of the stage inside , watching and practising his dance moves whilst singing at the same time. She has also emailed me this evening to say that there are a lot of bigwigs in the audience tonight, it's very important for Gareth that they are so interested, and rumour has it that ALW will also be there, as he expects only the best, even from his understudies. Those are her words, but it seems there is already a lot of interest in Gareth.

I hope I am posting in the right thread. My friend, whose Grandson is in Joseph has told me that she has met and spoken with Gareth. She took a liking to him straightaway. Apparently during last week when Ricky was playing Joseph, Gareth was stood at the side of the stage inside , watching and practising his dance moves whilst singing at the same time. She has also emailed me this evening to say that there are a lot of bigwigs in the audience tonight, it's very important for Gareth that they are so interested, and rumour has it that ALW will also be there, as he expects only the best, even from his understudies. Those are her words, but it seems there is already a lot of interest in Gareth.

Oh my goodness. Thanks for that insight. Pleased that he had a few goes before the big night if its full of bigwigs (+ALW)

Isn't it the date 7 years ago he was in the Pop idol final.

Wouldn't it be co-incidental if it was. He sure has come a long way.

Thanks Gatesgal for that information. What an important night this is for Gareth.

I think this has made me even more fidgety (if that were possible). :frantics: I am like a cat on hot bricks :frantics:

I've just realised what the date is for his opening night.

Isn't it the date 7 years ago he was in the Pop idol final.

Hasn't he come a long way.

Wouldn't it be co-incidental if it was. He sure has come a long way.

It is the same date - sorry meant to reply to Hazzy last night - got distracted. Well spotted Hazzy!