Stiles & Drewes CD

Val4Gareth

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just read the information properly now, and noticed it says there will be six songs from Soho Cinders, so hurrah!!! :laugh: :laugh:

Celebrating 25 years of songwriting by composer George Stiles and lyricist Anthony Drewe, A Spoonful of Stiles & Drewe includes a wealth of material from their shows Honk!, Just So, Peter Pan and Mary Poppins, as well as previously unrecorded material and six exclusive tracks from their upcoming show, Soho Cinders, an alternative gay fairytale based on the Cinderella story.

:wub: :wub:

I've just ordered a copy now. I didn't notice any bit where you could change how many you buy, so I could only get one!

Good news though for international fans - they have prices to send to Europe and the rest of the world, so you should be able to get a copy direct. :laugh:

I've just ordered a copy now. I didn't notice any bit where you could change how many you buy, so I could only get one!

Good news though for international fans - they have prices to send to Europe and the rest of the world, so you should be able to get a copy direct. :laugh:

How did you manage that Snowdrop, for me it still says error when trying to buy. :unsure:

I sent an e-mail to the address Figaro posted on OS and have just received this reply, from Neil Eckersley

Hi Valerie,

I’m sorry about that. It appears that Paypal are experiencing problems with a small number of ISP addresses. However, you are welcome to remit the £11.50 directly to our Speckulation account:

Bank: Natwest

Branch: Covent Garden

Sort Code: 60-50-00

Account: 35576502

Or the CD is also available at www.amazon.co.uk for £11.99 plus postage or Dress Circle at £12.99 plus postage, but that’s without the pre-order release discount. Either way, your CD would be delivered w/c 8 Dec once it’s released. Many thanks for contacting us. I really do appreciate it.

If you do choose to send funds directly to our account, please drop me a line with an address.

Best,

Neil

Neil Eckersley

Speckulation Entertainment Ltd

2 Charing Cross Mansions

26 Charing Cross Road

London

WC2H 0DG

0207 240 2101

07769 755 902

neil@speckulationentertainment.com

www.speckulationentertainment.com

Review

"Often Sunday night galas such as this are hastily put together, but it was apparent Stiles and Drewe - onstage throughout the evening - along with a sophisticated creative team had put a great deal of thought into devising this one." --The Stage

Review

"Gareth Gates proved not only that he has left his Pop Idol days behind him, but also his undoubted potential as an accomplished theatre performer." --Musical Stages

Love the reviews Amazon put up.

and we can rate the cd too. :D

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.theatermania.com/content/news.cfm/story/16537

A Spoonful of Stiles & Drewe CD Gets Release

By: Brian Scott Lipton · Dec 8, 2008 · London

A Spoonful of Stiles & Drewe, a live highlights recording of this summer's gala, celebrating 25 years of songwriting by composer George Stiles and lyricist Anthony Drewe, has been released on CD. All profits from the recording will go to Mercury Musical Developments, a British charity nurturing new musical theatre writing.

The CD features material from their shows Honk!, Just So, Peter Pan and Mary Poppins, as well as previously unrecorded material from their upcoming show, Soho Cinders, an hilarious twist on the classic fairytale, in which Cinderella is running for his Prince while his Prince is running for the Mayor of London.

In addition to Stiles and Drew, the CD features performances by Joanna Riding, Clive Rowe, Leanne Jones, Gareth Gates, Julie Atherton, Helena Blackman, Daniel Boys, Richard Dempsey, James Gillan, Alison Jiear, Shona Lindsay, Claire Moore, Lisa O'Hare, Caroline Sheen, Scarlett Strallen, Rebecca Thornhill, and Oliver Tompsett.

For further details and to purchase the CD, visit www.spoonfulcd.com or www.dresscircle.co.uk.