Gareth to star on Broadway to West End show 4 October

kenzieboy

Hi

Sorry I have not posted for a while but still keeping an eye on what Gareth is doing :smile: . Rushing to work today I noticed an advert at Victoria Station and saw Gareth's name. Not seen this mentioned anywhere which suprised me because any Gareth news appears on this site very quickly :smile:

Gazman

4 October. Theatre Royal Drury

Broadway to West End by Special Arrangement

Celebrating the career of award-winning arranger and orchestrator, William David Brohn. Music and songs from Show Boat to Oliver! With a cast of stars from the West End including (subject to availability): Rosemary Ashe, Graham Bickley, Kim Criswell, Daniel Evans, Gareth Gates, Alison Jiear, Josie Lawrence, Alistair McGowan, Robyn North, Charlotte Page, Jodie Prenger, Joanna Riding, plus many more to be announced.

More information at Useful

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, I'd not seen that before. It looks as if it was posted on the RUG website back in May, so I'm surprised nothing more has been said about it by anyone, lol.

I recognise some of the other names from the Stiles & Drewe concert, and I see they are going to be there on the night too.

It says "subject to availability", so I presume they are anticipating that some people might not manage it, although it is on a Sunday evening, so it shouldn't be a problem for most.

Thank you so much for posting about this. :heart:

The "subject to availability" was for everyone.

I think it's more likely that Gareth's website people haven't been told about it, or at least haven't been told that they can tell us. Often these things get agreed long before they are announced.

Thinking about it they probably put that on so that if someone pulls out, people can't complain or ask for a refund.

Prepare to extend your mortgage if you want to go - tickets are not cheap! *click if you are feeling rich*

Thanks for that. I think I'll have to do some overtime to pay for it!

Brilliant to have this confirmed.

Thanks Gazman too for alerting us.

I know there are lots of offers for London hotels on Sundays so it could be a decider to go along.

Will be an interesting night too. A taster for many a show in London and of course Gareth being a bonus.

Wonder what he will sing?

im wondering why theres only one price for the grand circle cos surely the seats at the back of it will be cheaper than the front cos the view at the back wont be as good unless it only consists of a few rows in which case i didnt know there was a theatre like that

They have put up the poster on the OS for this now. :thumbsup:

BroadwaytoWestEndposter3.jpg

Good to see the poster both on here and the official site.

Has Gareth appeared with some of the other participants peviously? Was Joanna Riding one who appeared at the Stile and Drewe concert?

Yes

Thanks, I thought she was.

and Alistair McGowan was in Cinderella! :tongue:

Yes I know. He has actually announce a tour and I wouldn't mind going to see him Here as I enjoyed him in Cinderella. Good that he is doing this Broadway Concert. Just hope he's not singing!

Do we know any of the other artists appearing? Must admit to not having heard of Rosemary Ashe and thought she was sort of a headliner as her name was first, but now see that the list is in alpabetical order :blush: