Gareth as Marius in Les Mis International tour

Floz

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if its an actual tour in the US going from one place to another there not just in one place there gareth wont do this cos even if suzanne and missy go with them it would still be taking missy from one place to another and thats what gareth decided he didnt want over here and surely he would go over there on his own and be away from them for 3 years

i could be wrong of course cos i dont know everything about gareth

I don't think anyone will be doing the full three years Maria. With that sort of thing people tend to get a one year contract at most anyway. I can't see Gareth wanting to go to America for any length of time, and I also expect that he might fancy doing something different. He's had such great reviews from his time in Les Mis that it is bound to open a few new doors for him.

But it's all in the timing. This Les Mis tour has been brilliant for him, because he was able to get a bit of a break after Joseph and Cinderella before that, and do his RADA course and have a bit of a life before heading off on the road, and getting to be involved with the CD etc.

I must admit that a little part of me would like Gareth to reprise the role in the West End, even if it's for a very short run. It seems that this tour is considered to be very prestigious, with a lot of that cast leaving the West End to take part - aided by the promise of the cast recording I'm sure, but for a lot of people they presume that a regional tour is inferior. And so for Gareth's CV if nothing else, it would be good for him to play it in London too - apart from The Barbican, lol. Howerver, I'm not sure if he'd want another full year of it, but perhaps two or three months. Long enough for him to make an impression and for us to visit! :wub: