Broadway to Westend - the reports

Snowdrop

Thanks to a very helpful lady I met at the concert, certain files have come into my possession, which I said I'd share with you in exchange for a donation to the CLIC Sargent charity.

Hopefully you'll enjoy them so much that you'll consider making your own donation to www.clicsargent.org.uk/ if you can. :thumbsup:

First up - Gareth's solo song: Why God Why?

The audio quality isn't amazing I'm afraid, not compared to the real thing, but it gives you a good idea of what it was like, and Gareth's reception too. :wub:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I nearly stopped breathing, as I was holding my breath for so long, while listening.

They were just wonderful. I can't wait for Les mis.

We are all so lucky to hear this, thank you so much. :heart:

Thank you so much for posting those clips Snowdrop. I was fortunate enough to have been able to hear Gareth singing them on the night, but it will be so good to be able to keep the memories fresh once they start to fade a little :heart:

How kind of the lady to send you the recordings and such good ones too. Please thank her on our behalf. I had visions of never being able to hear Gareth singing those songs again. Now I'll be able to :heart:

Another snippet, posted by someone on the OS, but I'm struggling to find it again, so apologies for the lack of name-check, but they met Gareth at the stage door before the show and he was going out for something to eat with Stiles & Drewe. I love that he's chummy with these people - all very good for the future. :heart:

Can you tell me, did they just sing, or was there acting, like in the clip you have in your post.

It was mainly singing... but with lots of expression :smile: Gareth did a bit of moving around the stage though.

Oh and it was the opposite sides to that clip. Gareth was on the left.

He was facing his partner for what seems ages and ages. I don't know about anyone else but I kept thinking 'Stop looking at her and lets see you from the front'. He eventually faced forward....and it was worth the wait :heart:

I am :hyper: about being able to listen to these tracks again. How wonderful for us?

I absolutely loved both songs on the night but felt that the solo Why Oh Why made the biggest impact.

On hearing both I am loving Gareth's voice best on the duet :hyper: .

Many thanks to the lady who made it possible. Please thank her Snowdrop.

Sorry I've been so long in adding my two penn'orth - had all sorts of PC problems and not been able to post on here.

As I boarded the train from Preston to the big smoke I noticed that it was called 'Clic Sargent' and felt that this was a good omen for the show in store the following evening. And so it proved. The whole thing was absolutely fantastic. To use Gareth's vernacular - a proper wicked show.

He of course was the highlight and, by the sound of his reception, not just for me! It was a joy to see and hear the way in which he was received. I noticed more than one person turn to the person they were with and clearly express surprise at just how good he was.

Lovely as well to see the interaction with him from others as they all assembled on the stage for the finale. I was just SO proud. The guy just wins over every single person he meets.

Thrilled to hear the clips Snowdrop - so kind of that person to pass them on to you - there'll certainly be a donation winging it's way to CS from me! Brilliant that we can all listen to him over and over again. Thanks so much for posting.

Thanks Maggie for your lovely report, its so great to hear how people appriciate Gareth' s voice. I just love Gareth singing 'Why god why'. he is fantastic.

And I totally agree with you about the little recordings, its especially nice for us who could not be there. :thumbsup:

"The Heat is On in Saigon" which was on just before Gareth came on

I can't remember this being on before Gareth came on :whistle: Must have been the nerves.

Good to hear it again and see how it sets the scene (using the famous helicopter sound too). The orchestration is brill.

Never satisfied, this person didn't get any photos did they?

I notice on the link to the musictalk site there is a group photo with Gareth in the middle. Can any clever person make it bigger and clearer?

• 3 months later...

FINALLY! I've found the lead to upload pics from my camera. So here they are - not great, and all much of a muchness - apologies. I didn't dare get my camera out until after I'd recorded his vocals just in case it got confiscated and Snowdrop's recordings didn't work, so they're all of the ensemble at the end, but still . . . they've got 'him' in them :wink: :D

post-7-1263742833.jpg

post-7-1263742846.jpg

post-7-1263742860.jpg

post-7-1263742879.jpg

post-7-1263742895.jpg

As you can see, he's right at the centre of the stage (appropriately :wink: ), next to the guest of honour. Stiles and Drewe, by the way, are the two chaps standing next to the lady on Gareth's left. :)