LAST NIGHT AT MR AND MRS

Heather

Elaine rang me late on Thursday night to say she had tickets for Mr and Mrs, so after making some rearrangements to my weekend, it left me free to go.

Saturday morning was unbelievably warm, just like a Spring day, so I decided not to wear my boots and big coat, just opting for light shoes and a jacket. Bad mistake!

We managed to get lost and took the long route from Waterloo to the studio, and it had just started to drizzle. It was a very pretty part of London on the South bank, so I enjoyed the walk and the sights.

We got there much too early, and they told us to come back at 6. it was then 4, so we looked around a few novelty shops, and then went for a coffe and a sit. We had both bought sandwiches, but after trying in vain to get a bowl of soup, I brought out my lunch and ate it, as no-one seemed to care. It was a bit like Faulty Towers.

We also had another funny incident, which I'm sure Elaine won't mind me saying about. The tube station was packed, and I wasn't sure we would get on it. Elaine moved forward and said, " Is there romm for 2 more in here?" and as she did so, the door closed on her, and all I could see was her agonised face with her eyes nearly popping out of her head with fear, on the other side of the door.

I was going to tell her to wait for me at the next station, where we had to change, but a kind passenger managed to get the door open and so she could get back out. We then got on the next Train.

When we went back to the queue the rain had decided to really come down, and where we stood on the corner queueing, the wind was howling, and it was so strong, it broke my umbrella.

A lot of the people didn't know who was on, so we primed them about Gareth, and I was so proud that when they came on, Gareth and Suzanne got the loudest cheers, and it wasn't just us!

It was lovely see see Gareth and Suzanne appearing together in a show. We know Gareth's personality, but now we can see Suzanne's. They both looked amazing, what a beautiful couple, and the whole show was funny and very entertaining.

We were on 5th row, and had tried to get nearer , but they were not having it and we sat at the side. Later I was glad we did, as I managed to catch Denise Welch' s eye, and she smiled and waved.

I was determined to let Gareth and Suzanne know we were supporting them, so when they went off afterwards to the side, Elaine and I both waved, and we caught his eye, and Suzanne's too, they both smiled and I could tell by his face he recognised us, which is always a lovely feeling.

I am now minus an umbrella, and I had to drive home through blinding rain with no lights on a lot of the country roads, but who cares! Seeing Gareth has made my weekend, and seeing what a happy and close couple they are.

My thanks again to Elaine for inviting me, and I was more than happy to meet you at Liverpool Street.

Lovely report. Sounds like you had an amazing time despite the weather and the tube!!

Thanks - can't wait to see it

Yes it was great!

Thanks for your report Carol. Glad you had a good time. Can't wait to see the show now. Hope we don't have to wait too long.

I heard someone say in The New Year, although that is a bit vague isn't it? I think it's great that Gareth has been in that and also Family Fortunes/ :smile:

Beatiful report, Carol.

You are welcome. I hope you are well. x