Reports from Birmingham Les Miserables

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

At last I have seen this fantstic show too. :frantics:

It was absolutely marvelous, loved every min of it. Mind I had tears running down my face for quite a while too, lol

Loved the music, can't wait for the CD to be released, hope they do that soon.

Gareth was fantastic :wub: , and I did spot him in a few of his other roles. :smile:

It qas lovely meeting people from the boards too, catching up and saying hi.

We saw Gareth come out of the stage door too, looking lovely, I taken a few photos. He was then running down the street with his hood up (it was raining) and clutching a bag of goodies.

It was a great day. :D

Yes, it was another brilliant show. Not that I expected anything else :thumbsup:

It was nice to catch up with you again Khelda. Sorry I didn't say goodbye, but I turned around and you'd gone. Don't know what could have been distracting me :laugh:

It was absolutely marvelous, loved every min of it. Mind I had tears running down my face for quite a while too, lol

Gareth was fantastic :wub: , and I did spot him in a few of his other roles. :smile:

We saw Gareth come out of the stage door too, looking lovely, I taken a few photos. He was then running down the street with his hood up (it was raining) and clutching a bag of goodies.

So glad you enjoyed it.

Sounds like you had a brilliant time.

Was the show as you imagined it?

I'm so pleased you enjoyed it, and all went well for you to get there Khelda. It must be great to finally join in properly with everyone who has already seen it. Brilliant you got to meet up with Val too - and a quick audience with the man himself. :thumbsup:

Yes it was lovely. :thumbsup: I think the show was as I imagened It, having seen little snippets, but still better. The music was so powerful on occassion, I had goosebumps. John Own JOnes is utterly fantstic, and I loved the singing of the girl who dies in Gareth arms. Still dont know all the names, lol

Gareth was amaziing, but he could have sang more for me, even hubby said shame he did not sing more solos, lol But ofcourse he couldl only sing what the role permitted. :laugh:

I loved the singing of the girl who dies in Gareth arms. Still dont know all the names, lol

That's Eponine, played by Rosalind James. She's been my favourite female in the show every time I've seen her. Fantine is OK but Cosette I feel sings a bit too high and it sounds a bit shouty to me.

The scene where Eponine dies is still my favourite of the whole show and Gareth gets more emotional every time. The way he sobs at the end is heart-breaking :heart:

Another brilliant show yesterday,it was lovely to meet up with other fans from the boards.We saw Gareth after the show,he was happy to sign and have pictures taken .

Katica had eventually persuaded her boyfriend to go to the stage door after the show with us.When she'd had her programme signed she stood back,even though she'd given her bofriend the camera hoping for a pic.I said to Gareth that Katica had come over from Hungary to see him in the show,he was genuinely pleased and thanked her.Katica told him how happy and amazed at his performance she was and she'd only ever seen him live once before in the pantomine last year.Katica was watching Gareth with the other people, ,I asked her if she wanted her picture with Gareth,he heard and came to her put his arm round her,the camera was thrust at me to take a picture.

Here are a few pics I took of Gareth yesterday.

lesmisbirm002.jpg

lesmisbirm005.jpg

lesmisbirm003.jpg

lesmisbirm004.jpg

Lovely report and pics Doris, thanks so much.

I'm so glad you have now seen it Inge, and enjoyed it so much. What a fantastic show!

Loving all the reports and snippets. great to read and the pics are fab too.

Thanks for posting :D

This probably sounds like a silly question but on twitter I have seen a few of them talking about a cover run. what does this mean?

A new member on the OS posted this:

have to completley agree went last night to see the show had reservations about Gareth in the role as Marius having been a great fan of the show and having seeing Michael Ball in the original cast but have to say was completley blown away he was amazing have always liked him and his voice but his performance and his voice in Les Mis was in a different class all together fantastic , going on line now to see if I can get more tickets !

A new member on the OS posted this:

What a wonderful comment, thanks for sharing it with us Inge.