Friday Night is Music Night on Radio 2

Snowdrop

I'd go as far as to say that I prefer country, and even western to jazz! :lol:

But how fab was Empty Chairs? Loved JOJ's Bring him Home too - I wonder if Gaz felt the over-powering urge to have a little nap during that. :unsure:

I was less keen on the woman singing I Dreamed a Dream and On My Own. Cracking pair of lungs on her and all that, but way too much vibrato for my liking. Just ended up being a bit warbly.

I'm not convinced that the version of Do you Hear the People Sing quite worked either, especially as Gareth and John don't really sing in it during the show, haha. But I suppose they needed a big number to finish on, and it gave the warbly woman a chance to warble again.

What an amazing evening. Can't find words to describe how I feel wub.gif

I wish there was a way of getting a recording of the whole show. Trulty brilliant.

You can use moviemaker whilst listening to it on listen again

Instructions (thanks to Snowdrop) here

Loved most of the show. Hope desperately to be able to listen to an edited version sometime in the future.

Have a vision of John OJ walking off the stage with his arm round Gareth, congratulating him on a great night.

Edits to say I just wish I could be listening in to Gareth's DJ set tomorrow. Then it would be a couple of nights total contrast in music.

What a diverse entertainer 'our guy' is/

Just got home in time to hear JOJ sing and then Gareth sing Empty Chairs. After reading through your posts it sounds like it was a great show,can't wait for the "Listen Again" to go up.

Edit Thanks Snowdrop for the link,off to have a listen.