Les Miserables heads to Paris

Snowdrop

The show is starting on Wednesday, and by the look of things they've got some promotion lined up for there too. I found this on the WOS boards. It looks like there is going to be a radio or tv show (can't remember which one transmission is) next weekend. I think it's radio, so it might be broadcast online.

It looks like this time they've got Rosalind involved too - much better than whoever it was on Friday. :unsure:

I think it might have something to do with this website. http://sites.radiofrance.fr/francemusique/em/rue/emission.php?e_id=65000060

So everyone pay attention, and hopefully we can work this one out between us.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A new member has just joined the OS and posted this up.

Hello from france everyone!

going to see les miz on thursday..and will be one of the 40 lucky ones at the radio show on sunday!

Hopefully we may get to find out a bit more about it now.

(Missing the frantics and excited emoticons)laugh.gif

Another message from Philippe

I don't know if recording will be possible..

but...this show can be listened again on the "France Musique" website

http://sites.radiofrance.fr/francemusique/em/rue/emission.php?e_id=65000060

here is the link for last sunday show smile.gif

( Ré-écouter = listen again) on the purple menu on right side

That's fab, because I'm out on Sunday so I will not be able to record anything that goes out live. If we work out how to listen live, I hope someone will try to record it, as sometimes "listen again" things are edited, or lower audio quality.

I've just found the discussion about the show over on the OS! :D I hadn't realised that it had already been posted. I'm afraid I've been distracted doing all of the YouTube clips for you, and doing some behing the scenes bits for this site, so my trips to the OS have been brief so I missed out on that. :blush:

I thought I'd been really good by finding it, and must admit was slightly disappointed by the apparent lack of interest, lol. Little did I realise that you'd already worked on a translation - I hope you won't mind if I nick that now for others who might not have seen it.

"Les Misérables", "42nd Street" special broadcast on France Musique

Sun, 23/05/2010 - 12: 35 - Stephany Kong

At less than a week of arrival of the musical Les Misérables in Paris, the press and broadcasts devoted to the subject multiply in the media. France Musique is is no exception with a special issue on "42nd Street" Les Misérables, presented by Laurent Valière on Sunday, May 30 to 12: 13: 00.

As each week, the show is recorded live from the studios of Radio France. Journalist Laurent Valière receive John Owen Jones (Jean Valjean), Gareth Gates (Marius) and Rosalind James (Eponine) for interviews and excerpts from the musical Sung "live".

Interviews recorded with Alain Boublil and Claude-Michel Schönberg, two creators of the Les Misérables, show will also broadcast in the show. In addition to us to discover new production that play at the Théâtre du Châtelet from 26 May to July 4, Laurent Valière will return to the previous versions of the musical (Robert Hossein, Japanese...).

Unlike previous public emissions of France Musique, it will be in a small studio (approximately 40 people maximum). The number of entries is particularly limited, invitations are managed by our colleagues of Regardencoulisse.com (see their Facebook page for details of registration).

I'm guessing that's an automated translation, so be careful not to interpret it too literally.

I'm guessing France Musique is the name of the radio station, and 42nd Street is the name of the specific show, dedicated to musicals.

It's interesting that they've got interviews with the creators - one of which we'd been told might happen for the Radio 2 show.

It also sounds as if there will be some general discussion about the previous versions of the show.

From the Facebook page

Les Miserables 25th Anniversary UK Tour Bonjour from Paris. Everyone has settled in and are raring to go. The set looks fantastic in the Chatelet and we are ready for the first show tonight. This is a very exciting day. If you come and see the show here, make sure you let us know what you think. A Bientot.

9 hours ago

rhiannonsarah

The French loved it! Brilliant :D Wow. I love it here. about 6 hours ago via web

LynneWilmot

LOVES Paris, and the French, and the wonderful, awesome and astounding welcome they gave us at tonight's show! Thank you, thank you xx about 6 hours ago via web

johnowenjones

Can't sleep. Still buzzing after tonight's first show in Paris. An honour and a privilege to do Les Miserables here... And they LOVED it!!! about 6 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone

rhiannonsarah

The French loved it! Brilliant :D Wow. I love it here. about 6 hours ago via web

LynneWilmot

LOVES Paris, and the French, and the wonderful, awesome and astounding welcome they gave us at tonight's show! Thank you, thank you xx about 6 hours ago via web

johnowenjones

Can't sleep. Still buzzing after tonight's first show in Paris. An honour and a privilege to do Les Miserables here... And they LOVED it!!! about 6 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone

Great twitters from some of the cast :D