Les Miserables heads to Paris

Snowdrop

From a new member on the OS

Just back from Paris - I saw Les Mis on Friday - I have to say it is not one of my favourite musicals BUT I adored the show.

My first time at Chatelet - a lovely theatre.

Once I have recovered from a very hectic weekend I will start looking to book to see it again in a few weeks and hopefully on the last day.

Gareth was amazing! (as were all the cast)

Eli

x

And this is Philippe's report of the show

hello all smile.gif

seen the show thursday (i'm french and live near paris).

I've already seen it in london and broadway...but this tour is the best production ever!

The new designs are great and the cast is incredible.

Will go back for one of the last performances ..and maybe more if I find the money!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not watched this yet, so I don't know what the quality is like, but Philippe has posted up a video from this morning

Thanks Val for bringing it over - I tried to open the link on the OS and am getting the message - The file you are trying to access is temporarily unavailable - has anyone managed to open it yet? Perhaps someone could ask Philippe if there is a problem. I would, but still can't log on to OS site so have to content myself with "read only".

It does take a little while to download, but its well worth it.

You have to put the four characters at the top of the page in before you can download Jenjo.

Don't know if that is what your problem is.

Gareth felt every single word he was singing there. He's such a fabulous performer, you can actually

believe him to be in the situation he's singing about. wub.gif

Thanks Val for bringing it over - I tried to open the link on the OS and am getting the message - The file you are trying to access is temporarily unavailable - has anyone managed to open it yet?

I had difficulty downloading the file,I had to download a programme that windows found for me,it's playing through I-tunes now.

Lovely to see Gareth singing,suprised at how different it sounded on the radio this morning.

Thanks Val for bringing it over - I tried to open the link on the OS and am getting the message - The file you are trying to access is temporarily unavailable - has anyone managed to open it yet?

I can't see how to open this file either?

You know with me it has to literally be step by step instructions.

Have to say isn't this absolutely wonderful that someone has been to see Gareth live in Paris and the very same day we have a recording of it. How blooming fantastic :D

Eternal, you have to copy the symbols on the right hand top corner, and then you see it counting down a few seconds and you wait until that is finished, then you click on download. It takes about 17 min, but its worth it to see Gareth sing Empty tables at the radio studio. :D

Eternal, you have to copy the simbles on the right hand top corner, and then you see it counting down a few seconds and you wait until that is finished, then you click on download. It takes about 17 min, but its worth it to see Gareth sing Empty tables at the radio studio. :D

Yes, Yes, Yes I have seen it.

Wow how brilliant.

Thanks so much for the help everyone. Hyper mode.

(I had to watch it side view, could I have turned it round somehow? Didn't want to mess in case I lost it altogether)

I think it might be Philippe who has put them up, he also has the On my own and Bring him Homw they sang on the Paris radio station. :D

I think you might be right - I've not had the chance to listen back to the French Radio version, but it's the only "studio" they've been in and it is a bit of a coincidence that it is those three songs.

Has anyone managed a compare and contrast?

There's a rather nice mention of Gareth here on this review http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=http://blissinthecity.fr/les-miserables-au-chatelet/&prev=http://blogsearch.google.co.uk/blogsearch%3Fclient%3Dnews%26hl%3Den%26ie%3DUTF-8%26as_drrb%3Dq%26as_qdr%3Dd%26q%3Dgareth%2Bgates%26lr%3D%26sa%3DN

Gareth Gates, singer revealed by Pop Idol (Nouvelle Star version) manages to forget the side of Marius twink (yes, sorry, I do not like this character in the novel!) To make it more warm and endearing romantic manic and passionate student.

I'm not sure about the manic but the endearing, romantic and passionate will do for me :wub:

Thanks for finding that - very good, and yes, it's funny that some people thought it would all be in French. Perhaps not that surprising as the actual name is in French. :D

I'm not sure about the manic but the endearing, romantic and passionate will do for me :wub:

I wouldn't place too much emphasis on the online translator's description as "manic" - the word in the text is survolté, which literally means "overcharged", but when describing a person more commonly means "over-excited", for which you could simply exchange "enthusiastic" and I don't think anyone would disagree with that. :D

My french teacher always said that when doing a translation you should throw away your dictionary, which is a bit extreme, but the lesson was that you shouldn't just insert what appears to be the precise translation of a word, because many words don't have an absolute, single translation into another language.