Les Miserables in Bristol

Snowdrop

Tomorrow is the first night for Les Miserables at the Bristol Hippodrome - quite exciting being back in the UK again.

The theatre has their own Facebook page, as well as their own website. :icecream:

According to their Facebook page, some more tickets have just been released for all performances, so if you missed out before, or are considering another trip - phone the box office when it opens.

0844 847 2325

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the Facebook page, to get to the theatre from Bristol Temple Meads train station you can walk 15-20 minutes, or take the number 8 or 9 bus (or get a taxi).

They have also confirmed that the CD of the show will be (ouch) £20. :blink: But you can pay by card. :D

Cameron Mackintosh was on Radio Bristol/Sommerset this afternoon chatting about Les Mis. He hasn't said anything relating to Gareth or the cast, but it gives background to the show and his involvement.

Listen again - he's on at approx 10 minutes in, then 20 minutes in.

The second part will be on tomorrow afternoon from 2pm - Listen here

David Byatt Saw the show last night for the very first time! I was blown away. The cast, score, set were truly spectacular and by far the best thing I have seen at The Hippodrome. Well done all! And a special well done to Gareth Gates! What a shocker that was! I didnt know he was in the show, and he was awesome!
Leeanne Sugababe Pendlebury Just booked tickets for august - STANDING UP! haha oh well at least i'll get to see it again! Just wanna say the cast are superb espc gareth gates who presens the role with such emotion its beautiful...John owen Jones is nowt short of amazing and I just LOVE lynne Wilmot...perfectly suited to the role....has to be wit...houtn a doubt the BEST production ever! And believe me i've seen a few :)
Kim Darby A brilliant performance last night. Well done to everyone!! It's really a must see - John Owen-Jones is absolutely flawless, Gareth Gates brings a lovely innocence to Marius and the students led by Jon Robbins are really strong. A wonderful standing ovation too.Go and see it!!!!!

mysharona79

Just watched les mis with gareth gates as marius! He was bloody good too bless him! 20 minutes ago via Twitterrific

Rhi_N8181

Had a great time at Les Mis - the touring version is just as good as the West End, and I was pleasantly surprised by Gareth Gates' Marius.

Thanks for posting Val, it's a shame for anyone who has bought tickets for those dates . Holly Willoughby said on This Morning a couple of weeks back ( she'd been to her sister's hen night ) that Kelly was getting married at the end of August, so I presume Gareth will be going to Kelly's wedding :thumbsup:

Yes, I heard Kelly was getting married then, so was surprised that Gareth appeared to be on then, especially when he had some other time booked off for Southampton, but perhaps Gareth had to "wait and see" before he knew if he was allowed the time off.

It would still be nice if Gareth told us about these things!

It would still be nice if Gareth told us about these things!

Yes, I agree. I would have been a bit peeved if it had been the week I was going.

wink.gif

Perhaps if we all bombard him on Twitter asking him to let us know of any holidays in advance, he may take the hint ;)